The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Alchemy traits name changed ?

Tommy_The_Gun
Tommy_The_Gun
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So I had an alchemy master crafting writ that required me to craft poisons with following traits:
- Ravage Stamina
- Fracture
- Enervating

And I was like... What ? ? What are those traits ?! After some research and I was able realize weird thing:

"Enervating" used to be called: "Lower Weapon Crit"
and
"Fracture" used to be called: "Lower Armor"
http://www.sunshine-daydream.us/ESO/alchemy.html
Torchbug-Thorax-ESO-Alchemy-Reagent.jpg

UVovioF.jpg
I am not using any add-ons, and I remember not so long ago seeing trait "Lower Weapon Crit" & "Lower Armor" in alchemy crafting station. Was this a recent change ? When was it changed ? Or is it only some weird bug ?
For non - English native speaker this change is very misleading....
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alchemy traits haven't changed names.
    However, existing traits have different effects depending on whether they are used with a positive solvent (Lorkhan's tears for instance) or a negative solvent (like alkahest).

Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well traits don't change names when I change solvent. No matter if I pick Lorkhan's tears for crafting a potion or alkahest for poison). What I meant is no meter if I craft potion or poison - the trait name is "Fracture" - and I remember to see "Lower Armor". That is why I ask...
    Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    However, existing traits have different effects depending on whether they are used with a positive solvent (Lorkhan's tears for instance) or a negative solvent (like alkahest).

Are you sure names didn't change with Homestead? I crafted a lot of poisons when we got them and I don't recall seeing these alchemy traits until Homestead. I noticed this when I unlocked all the traits on a few alts to improve a shot at Master writs. I assumed the new names came with Homestead. And just to reiterate, I use all types of solvents when I unlock the traits.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Are you sure names didn't change with Homestead? I crafted a lot of poisons when we got them and I don't recall seeing these alchemy traits until Homestead. I noticed this when I unlocked all the traits on a few alts to improve a shot at Master writs. I assumed the new names came with Homestead. And just to reiterate, I use all types of solvents when I unlock the traits.

I switched my game interface from french to english recently so frankly I cannot be 100% sure that the names haven't changed.
    But what I am 100% sure of is that the effect names in the master writs may vary. For instance, a POISON with the "ravage stamina" effect will show something like "stamina abilities will cost 60% more" in the poison's tooltip.
    In the reagent's tooltip, it's possible that they have changed things and I haven't noticed due to having changed the game's language.

Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it is normal then ? It is not a bug ? The names of alchemy traits actually changed ? I can't find it any confirmation in recent patch notes, but in game names says otherwise... Some official information or confirmation could be nice...
    Options
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess it was changed and the change is aligning in naming according to the respective debuff name.
    Options
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tommy_The_Gun Thanks for linking my site. After noticing that and this thread I have now updated that webpage.

I'm not sure when, but yes, several alchemy reagents traits have been renamed. What I noted in-game as I'm reworking that page are:

Lower Spell Resistance -> Breach
    Increase Physical Resistance -> Increase Armor
    Lower Physical Resistance -> Fracture
    Lower Weapon Power -> Maim
    Lower Weapon Crit -> Enervation
    Lower Spell Power -> Cowardice
    Lower Spell Crit -> Uncertainty
    Sustained Restore Health -> Lingering Health
    Creeping Ravage Health -> Gradual Ravage Health
    Reduce Speed -> Hindrance
    Stun -> Entrapment
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
    Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    @Tommy_The_Gun Thanks for linking my site. After noticing that and this thread I have now updated that webpage.

I'm not sure when, but yes, several alchemy reagents traits have been renamed. What I noted in-game as I'm reworking that page are:

Lower Spell Resistance -> Breach
    Increase Physical Resistance -> Increase Armor
    Lower Physical Resistance -> Fracture
    Lower Weapon Power -> Maim
    Lower Weapon Crit -> Enervation
    Lower Spell Power -> Cowardice
    Lower Spell Crit -> Uncertainty
    Sustained Restore Health -> Lingering Health
    Creeping Ravage Health -> Gradual Ravage Health
    Reduce Speed -> Hindrance
    Stun -> Entrapment

@Tevalaur Thanks for listing out the changes like this. I've saved this in case I ever do get an alchemy writ, so I don't bang my head on a wall trying to decipher the writ!
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options