The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ZOZ change the odds. Get rid of unnecessary shoulders and make the game more fun for all of us.

Atherol
Atherol
✭✭
To: ZOZ

I know something about statistics and the odds in this game to get a shoulder of
the right type are just overwhelming (about 1% of players may get the right type of shoulder
after many tries and hours of play). Also, game updates have already rendered some of those
hard to get shoulders obsolete so it is a never ending race! I see no rational for it other
than to keep you hooked in the game spending time and money like a drug addict, which
is not ethical/fun at all!

ZOZ change the odds. Get rid of unnecessary shoulders and make the game more fun for all of us.

Sincerely,

Atherol
  • Draconerus
    Draconerus
    ✭✭✭
    Not gonna lie, it is super annoying. Spending 100 keys and not getting the shoulder you need is ridiculous.
    Draconerus
    Argonian - Templar Healer
    Da Funk - Officer
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting rid of monster sets is not the right solution in the slightest. Buffing the lesser used sets, removing training and preposterous, or splitting the pools even further would be better solutions.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Atherol wrote: »

I know something about statistics and the odds in this game to get a shoulder of
    the right type are just overwhelming (about 1% of players may get the right type of shoulder
    after many tries and hours of play). Also, game updates have already rendered some of those
    hard to get shoulders obsolete so it is a never ending race! I see no rational for it other
    than to keep you hooked in the game spending time and money like a drug addict, which

Sincerely,

Atherol

one man's "unnecessary" is another man's "key to my non-meta or next-meta build."

if they improved the odds by cutting out all the shoudlers YOU wanted would you be happy?

hey ZoS please remove from monster keyd drops the traits divines and infused and impen.

See - odds just got better for the other five/six traits.

case closed now on to getting sharpened precise and powered off the maelstrom tables.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

Sincerely,

Atherol

one man's "unnecessary" is another man's "key to my non-meta or next-meta build."

if they improved the odds by cutting out all the shoudlers YOU wanted would you be happy?

hey ZoS please remove from monster keyd drops the traits divines and infused and impen.

case closed now on to getting sharpened precise and powered off the maelstrom tables.

No one's "non-meta" or "next-meta" build includes prosperous or training...
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax Online Ztudios /post
    Edited by Oompuh on February 19, 2017 2:10AM
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • Decado
    Decado
    ✭✭✭✭
    WTB token system
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sincerely,

Atherol

Actually as i recall there was some recent discussion or posting about someone in prep for homestead outfitting like full prosperous blue or purple gear where they had tons of mats and going dungeoning runs and other such content - hell maybe farm mudcrabs and watched the gold grow and grow.

And i know i have seen training used for skill leveling after morphs and such.

they aren't on anyone's best dps option for sure, but i agree with the other idea - dont remove traits - balance them.

But see, my idea of balance is more akin to "everything is best sometimes and nothing is best all the time"

So lets suggest maybe a different approach -

take the three pledge chests.

untie them to the dungeon lists.

tie them to oh lets say "roles"

One chest is the chest of unholy retribution (DPS) - the drops must contain DPS related traits and each set that can drop must be able to raise dps - either damage, penetration max stam/mag or proc damage etc. medium and light will make up 80% of the drops and have their weight determined by the types of bonuses 3/4 of the time.

One chest is the chest of divine protection (Healing/tank) - the drops sets must contain defense and heal related traits and each set must provide some defense or some healing or max health or proc health etc. 80% of the drops will be in heavy.

one chest is the chest of divine fortune - can be any in any with any.

So you can increase your chance of getting drops that are applicable to and optimized towards your objective even if they are not necessarily the exact item you wanted.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leys just make crafting to be the only source for viable gear and the litle better to drop only in Cyrodil so we have a good economy drive and also a risk vs gain situation for those minorly better gear.
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it...how 'bout we just make the chests much smaller so we can fit more of them in the undaunted pavilion...if we could have 4 sets per chest (like the chest in the middle with only 4) that would be perfect...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

than to keep you hooked in the game spending time and money like a drug addict,
    which

Sincerely,

Atherol

That's kind of the nature of the beast.
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭
    It's on par with the rediculous weapon grind. Grind , grind followed by new grinds. Thanks for annoying time waisters
    PS4 NA
  • CrazySonoran
    CrazySonoran
    ✭✭✭
    Typical MMO mindset even ZOS has fallen into. Make the players do something 500 times before they get enough or something they want or get an item they really want for their build. Some say it helps keep players engaged and wanting to play more, I disagree, it makes the fanbois want to play longer and more, but most of the average players just give up and do something else. My characters work just fine with crafted and landscape/delve drop equipment, why should I spend 5 bazillion hours of my limited game time trying to get some silly shoulder piece that will increase my dps overall by a miniscule percentage.

Landscape set weapons are another item that seems to be overly scarce. I've spent many weeks scouring bosses trying to get a decent pair of 1-handers for my tank and have yet to get anything but a Prosperous Dagger, not even decent weapons from other sets have dropped for me, but I sure get a lot of the useless set from that zone in armor pieces from the bosses.
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only wish - Mwahahahaha - this will NE-NE-NE-NEVER happen!!
    Centerpiece of Zeni business model... 'grind forever or player leaves game'
  • Nallenil
    Nallenil
    ✭✭✭
    Got 4 Keys yesterday, got 3 molag kena shoulders. Now I have 11 molag kena shoulders...
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, grinding is the excuse for lack of content. wouldnt be so bad if there was no PvP, but being at a disadvantage mainly because of gear sucks and is hardly competetive environment.

well Camelot Unchained will hopefully get this right. If so bye bye ESO...
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • Valorin
    Valorin
    ✭✭✭
    Uhm. Zos! Please make the chances better! *shakes fist*

Also, by the way, let us override the looks! Add vanity slots or let us recraft our gear to look different and make all the motifs we farmed useful again!

(topic-mutiny at work...)
  • Atherol
    Atherol
    ✭✭
    To ZOZ,

I'm still looking for an Ilambris shoulder. I'm doing it with two toons back to
    back. At this point I don't care if they are prosperous and/or of any armor
    type. But, after many runs (over 40) at three to four gold keys each run
    I still haven't got one such shoulder!

PLEASE FIX THE SYSTEM AND BETTER THE ODDS FOR US PLAYERS AS
    THIS WAY IT IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING AND I CANNOT SEE ANY
    RATIONAL FOR IT.

Sincerely,

Atherol
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just lose trainning and prosperous and you'd fix most of thos argument that's two types per weight out of circulation
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sincerely,

Atherol

This, not saying that prosperous or training should be removed from traits but it don't belong on endgame content.
    Another option would be tokens who let you buy or craft sets pieces after an number of runs.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Atherol
    Atherol
    ✭✭
    @zaria

Good ideas like yours are being proposed in this thread. I just hope ZOZ will listen
    to its committed base of players before they opt for another game.

Best,

Atherol

zaria wrote: »

This, not saying that prosperous or training should be removed from traits but it don't belong on endgame content.
    Another option would be tokens who let you buy or craft sets pieces after an number of runs.
    [/quote]

• Draconerus
    Draconerus
    ✭✭✭
    RNG in this game is literally the WORST out of any other game I have played. They should remove training and prosperous for sure from the pool for end game.
    Draconerus
    Argonian - Templar Healer
    Da Funk - Officer
  • Atherol
    Atherol
    ✭✭
    @Draconerus

Yep. I wholly agree with you as I have also played many games and never
    encountered such RNG* in any game I had played before.

*RND= Random Number Generator

Best,

Atherol

Draconerus wrote: »
    RNG in this game is literally the WORST out of any other game I have played. They should remove training and prosperous for sure from the pool for end game.

• Atherol
    Atherol
    ✭✭
    Hi,

I keep on getting unwanted stuff in heavy armour, but no Ilambris shoulders yet...today, I got
    2 sellixtrix pauldrons 1 Grothdarr's and one Selene's in well-fitted, reinforced and sturdy(2).
    What I need those shoulders for EZO devs? Can you tell me?

Stop this madness and fix the RNG!

Sincerely,

Atherol
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a level of RNG that CAN add to excitement and replayability.

ESO's RNG is way, way, way beyond that - it fuels only frustration and discontentment.

Time to tweak it - significantly.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Atherol
    Atherol
    ✭✭
    Hi,

Yes, I fully agree.

Thanks,

Atherol

There is a level of RNG that CAN add to excitement and replayability.

ESO's RNG is way, way, way beyond that - it fuels only frustration and discontentment.

Time to tweak it - significantly.

All The Best

• JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax online ztudios