Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Block players on PS4?

Pink_Violinz
Pink_Violinz
✭✭✭✭✭
One player in particular has sent me numerous harassing whispers every time I post in zone chat. I blocked him long ago through PSN, although he still sends me whispers through the game. Is there any way to block him in game? I have already reported him, but I really want these messages to stop asap.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear you're having that issue. That stinks.

The generic answer on PS4 is that you walk up to the cheater, access the quick wheel then select block. This is supposed to stop incoming chat whispers.

But if they're not in the same location, I wouldn't go hunting them down. It's like you need to access their profile in ESO, then get to the "more options" window without being there with them. I'd try seeing if you can do this by hovering over their profile name in the text window, or by looking up their profile in the menu system somewhere and seeing if you can get to more options that way.

Sorry that wasn't more helpful, but perhaps it puts you on the right track. Again, sorry about the bullying. It happens, but ESO is generally a safe space and it won't be long before ZOS removes them if they don't stop.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    One player in particular has sent me numerous harassing whispers every time I post in zone chat. I blocked him long ago through PSN, although he still sends me whispers through the game. Is there any way to block him in game? I have already reported him, but I really want these messages to stop asap.

Perhaps beat them at their own game, I like to mail them junk one piece at a time for 69 gold and fill up their inbox. I usually like to do this with fish.

The other option is you could make a complaint though Sony and see if that works. I have heard the text chat block only works for that session so as soon as you log off it stops working.

Another one I like to do is continually send them friend requests then delete the friend request, does not take long before they block you which then solves the problem.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »

Perhaps beat them at their own game, I like to mail them junk one piece at a time for 69 gold and fill up their inbox. I usually like to do this with fish.

Another one I like to do is continually send them friend requests then delete the friend request, does not take long before they block you which then solves the problem.

Bro.

These are hardcore. You're a genius.