The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I am not the best player out there, will I still unlock dyes?

Willow
Willow
✭✭✭
I am limited to my play time due to chemo and various appts for stage 4 breast cancer. I never commit to grouping because I do not know if I will be available. I do not do dungeons because I would hate to have to leave in the middle of a group.

With all the above said, does anyone know of an addon that will help me track some of the easier achievements to collect dyes? I do click on the dyes at the station but I am thinking there may be a better way of tracking?

Will I unlock dyes by just normally playing the game? (not the rares of course)
Edited by Willow on February 18, 2017 4:37PM
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you are looking for http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info678-DyeStationAchievementLinks.html

You definitely will be able to get quite a few dyes. Crafting achievements - harvest X amount of nodes, deconstruct Y amounts of gear and so on jumps to mind first.

http://eso.mmo-fashion.com/dyes-by-achievement/ you can find better way to look through achievements.

• Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You also get a ton through just doing all the quests and poking at Dolmens with a stick. Good luck with the chemo :)
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!!
  • SunnyBunny
    SunnyBunny
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I didn't even realize at first that I had gotten dyes from regular running around. You can do public dungeons, you don't have to group for those at all.

Lone Wolf Help ~ Royal Bank of Tamriel ~ Black Market Wares

I Know I'm Lost

*Ernestina - Imperial Temp
    *Ennus - Bosmer Sorc
    *Greavy - Orc DK
    *Somniate - Ra Gada NB
    *Cilano - Imperial DK
    *Ba'Raka - Khajiit Warden
    *Bird In Hand - Argonian Templar
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't do PvP or groups, and I've managed to unlock quite a lot of dyes just by myself. It helps to do a search online to try to figure out what you need to do to unlock certain dyes.

I just unlocked two dyes in the past two days. You get a new dye for each crafting skill you max out (I maxed out my alchemy yesterday) and doing the daily fighter's guild dolmen quests has enabled me to unlock two dyes over the past month.

• Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platform and region, if xbox na you can add me and I can help you run dungeons for dyes whenever you want. The people I run with are chill so no worries on having to leave or anything. Gt same as name.

All the best with the chemo.
    Edited by Stopnaggin on February 20, 2017 1:41PM
  • DearestAutumn
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    What platform and region, if xbox na you can add me and I can help you run dungeons for dyes whenever you want. The people I run with are chill so no worries on having to leave or anything. Gt same as name.

All the best with the chemo.

Same here. I will help you! Gamertag is the same. No worries. Xbox na.
    All the best!!
  • DearestAutumn
    By the way I am not the best either. All the more laughs.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing the Cyrodiil opening tutorial will also unlock a dye, even if you never plan to actually play the Alliance War or PvP. It unlocks an iron gray. It also nets you two skill points.
  • Ryuuhime
    Ryuuhime
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of great dyes come from questing and exploration. You also get nice ones from finishing the main quest, Fighter's Guild and Mages Guild quests, main questlines on a zone, and you can also get then from knowing all alchemy plants effects, doing a lot of dolmens... :)
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fishing as well opens up dyes
    collectables also, those are harder to get though requires to grind mobs to get that rare drop