The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Sneak eye addons?

Arato
Arato
✭✭✭✭✭
Are there any (or could there be any) addons that make the stealth indicator a bit more accurate? Currently the eye shows as partly open even when you're out of line of sight, like the only other person in the building is on a different floor from you so there's no way they can see you. In other situations it makes the eye "warn" you that you're in danger of being detected too early, making it useless for situational awareness since you're ALWAYS stealing with a partially opened eye in real situations (barring you killing every NPC in a closed room THEN stealing). I don't know the exact mechanics for what triggers each stage of the eye but line of sight doesn't seem to be one of the factors and should be.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the partly open eye means that they think / know that some one is there, but thy are not sure or they don't know where you are at.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hagermanj wrote: »
    I think the partly open eye means that they think / know that some one is there, but thy are not sure or they don't know where you are at.

It really needs to take line of sight into account. Actual detection requires line of sight (though they don't have to be looking in your direction if you're close enough), but the partial eye ONLY takes distance into account. People on another floor can't see me, no matter how close I am. So I don't want to know that they're up there doing jack all that can put me at risk, I only want to know when they come down the stairs to the same level I'm on and I'm actually in danger of being caught. When the stealth indicator eye is your ONLY form of situational awareness when picking a lock, being warned too early is not good, it's like the boy who cried wolf. You don't really believe they're going to spot you until it's too late and you get spotted. It's like having a health bar that looks full at 100% and looks almost empty (and the screen turns red and you hear heart palpitations like you're at low health) if you lose so much as 1hp, with no health numbers or anything. With that bad of an indicator, how do you know when to take a potion or use a self heal? You'd always seem like you were just about to die so you'd just ignore the indicators and try to guess when you've taken enough damage that you're really in danger, leading to a lot of sudden unexpected deaths because of a bad UI.