Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please include 2v2s along with battlegrounds

SamTheSwan
SamTheSwan
✭✭
Recently I have been playing a lot of For Honor and the game showcases how awesome 2v2's would be on a game that includes build and skill diversity with ESO's robust combat engine. Brawls would be an excellent addition to battlegrounds because it gives players the unique opportunity to be able to face two other players, understand why you won or lost, and walk away with either a sense of what you need to improve on, or a sense of achievement. To be able to fight with a friend against two opponents and have the match actually come down to skill, rather than the inevitable feel of playing in cyrodiil, where it is just a matter of time before the enemy faction sends enough players.
The reason 2v2s would be so much fun augmenting 4v4v4s is because in a 2v2 arena, there are only two enemies hitting you (pretty self explanatory) rather than a potential 8. Meaning a lot more build and class diversity will be available for groups that want to be competitive, because there isn't as much damage mitigation, or sustain required.
PC NA
Magicka Sorc- 'Cadderly

• BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea let the immortal jaggernauts roam in 2v2

im sorry but 2v2 will not fit with the current ha meta
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • xboxNA corin6
    xboxNA corin6
    ✭✭✭
    It would be simple and fun. Just allow a for fun dueling arena with options of 2v2 3v3 4v4 etc, Auto que and premade que. No ratings.
    I'm a magsorc
  • MrSaiyan
    MrSaiyan
    Soul Shriven
    I still don't understand how this game has gone almost 3 years without adding in battlegrounds or arena.
  • frostbreeze
    frostbreeze
    ✭✭✭
    Imaging fighting 2 full no damage permatanks with 2 ppl.The way this game allows for such builds makes 2v2 i mpossibleNot that those guys would ever threat you as their dps would be 100/s but still they wont die and wont allow u to progress into a ranked system.Nerf those builds so that they are actually killable 2v1 and then u can have your 2v2 arena.The way the meta works atm 4 is a great minimum imo
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso is a too low skillcap and too rng/build based game to work for a decent 1v1 or 2v2 competitive experience. Even 4v4v4 wont be truly competitive since its an mmo we talking about.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrSaiyan wrote: »
    I still don't understand how this game has gone almost 3 years without adding in battlegrounds or arena.

Because for the first year, this game was amazing, even for the players like me that couldn't figure out pvp that year.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no way a 2v2 would be viable in the current state of pvp game mechanics... even 4v4 may be really difficult. Consider 2 heavy armor templar healer/tanks that cast mystic guard on their other two allies that are just pure damage dealers. I believe this will be how 4v4s will be. Just a bunch of tanky healers protecting night blade SA spammers.
  • xboxNA corin6
    xboxNA corin6
    ✭✭✭
    You guys should check out how world of Warcraft's arenas work. Being someone who has a lot of experience there, ass holes who run tank healer could not climb the rating ladder because they cannot winfights, and with a time limit on matches, at the end, whoever had the highest damage won the match. Troll teams were very rare with the matchmaking system, however they did not exclude tank builds from being viable because when I stopped playing, teams such as tank war/DPS hunter/healer were very strong and hitting the 1%er club.
    I'm a magsorc
  • xboxNA corin6
    xboxNA corin6
    ✭✭✭
    Also would like to add, arenas were never perfectly balanced in that game, but between àll the MMOs and online RPGs I have played, I had THE best PvP experience with those arenas, while playing different classes too, than any other game so far, and I am just dying for another good mmo to have that fun experience again, because WoW has gotten to be terrible over the years. Someone coming from vanilla wow, ESO has done a great job giving that old school feel, while having new age mechanics, and thank Jesus, no PvP only sets and great theorycrafting! Everything ive always wanted in an mmo, except without arenas!
    I'm a magsorc
  • Ballzy321
    Ballzy321
    ✭✭✭
    Wait for blazing shield flag runners rip battlegrounds already
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see this, but 1 HA temp healer and 1 proctato in 2v2 would just be unfair with the current state of the game. If they do do matchmaking, I personally would like to have class loadouts instead of personalized builds. This would put balance into the 2v2,4v4,etc. A great fix would be if they had 2 options: locked class loadouts, and open loadouts...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is for honour good?
  • xboxNA corin6
    xboxNA corin6
    ✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    I would love to see this, but 1 HA temp healer and 1 proctato in 2v2 would just be unfair with the current state of the game. If they do do matchmaking, I personally would like to have class loadouts instead of personalized builds. This would put balance into the 2v2,4v4,etc. A great fix would be if they had 2 options: locked class loadouts, and open loadouts...
    But this is kind of like forced PvP gear which is why ESO is great and removing that concept, would not be appealing at all. Who cares if some comps are strong, as long as it's not unbeatable like DK/pally during season 5 if anyone can remember that. That's excusable though because it was blizzards first time adding a class to that game and was eventually balanced.

We shouldn't be afraid to add more flavors to the game because of fear of balance. If things don't work out immediately, just have patience and faith for the sake of balancing and fun. The only aspect I'm afraid of is spreading pvpers out between too many different game types and killing off population of cyrodil. That actually might help the lag in cyrodil though.
    I'm a magsorc
  • xboxNA corin6
    xboxNA corin6
    ✭✭✭
    Posting from mobile and my edit button isnt working, but i just wanted to add, in WoW heal/dps was just as viable as double DPS in 2v2. One season double heal DPS was overpowered in 3v3 but they fixed that. I'm just saying, let's have a little more faith in our developer.
    I'm a magsorc
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posting from mobile and my edit button isnt working, but i just wanted to add, in WoW heal/dps was just as viable as double DPS in 2v2. One season double heal DPS was overpowered in 3v3 but they fixed that. I'm just saying, let's have a little more faith in our developer.

When I mentioned tank/healer templars, I mentioned they are one in the same. Heavy armor wearing healing templars that are tanky. Not a pure tank. Clearly tanks might not be as viable but if they just heal then they for sure would be.

Edit: P.S. I played Wow with a 2400 rated 2v2 team. Warlock/Rogue
    Edited by Hutch679 on February 24, 2017 2:36PM
  • xboxNA corin6
    xboxNA corin6
    ✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

When I mentioned tank/healer templars, I mentioned they are one in the same. Heavy armor wearing healing templars that are tanky. Not a pure tank. Clearly tanks might not be as viable but if they just heal then they for sure would be.

Edit: P.S. I played Wow with a 2400 rated 2v2 team. Warlock/Rogue

Meh, just like holy paladins. Was about the only healer I couldn't solo on my rogue in that game. Heavy armor and when they gave them a few instants to play with, it was GG. They could almost outheal by using instants and I was running 2200 gear. The other healers? Lol I could attrition them down, and that was before they gave rogues a self heal so healers could still win 1v1s. Miss that game sometimes, too bad it's garbage now.
    I'm a magsorc