The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please give the Warden Class an Offensive Purge for PvP

Paraflex
Paraflex
✭✭✭✭
This game really lacks a single target or aoe purge ability to remove buffs offensively from players. Why not change up the meta? This is my opinion here so don't get to upset here guys.

A high cost single target purge or aoe 1 second cast time(can adjust this) purge would be nice for PvP.

Pros -
Removes buffs for enemy players (new ability)
Will force players to play more strategic.
Tons of utility in PvP(purge those cancer builds)
Shakes up the meta and forces people to build against a purge bot.
Hopefully this would balance the game more.

Cons- Would be strong against certain builds especially in duels.
Could be OP so make this a very expensive skill to cast.
Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
Max Stam Sorc
Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paraflex wrote: »
    This game really lacks a single target or aoe purge ability to remove buffs offensively from players. Why not change up the meta? This is my opinion here so don't get to upset here guys.

A high cost single target purge or aoe 1 second cast time(can adjust this) purge would be nice for PvP.

Pros -
    Removes buffs for enemy players (new ability)
    Will force players to play more strategic.
    Tons of utility in PvP(purge those cancer builds)
    Shakes up the meta and forces people to build against a purge bot.
    Hopefully this would balance the game more.

Cons- Would be strong against certain builds especially in duels.
    Could be OP so make this a very expensive skill to cast.

zerg skill
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give snare immunity&removal to Mirage/double take for my magblade and we have a deal.
    EU | PC
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Give snare immunity&removal to Mirage/double take for my magblade and we have a deal.

Sure why not the skill just needs to be introduced into the game and would need some balance for other classes

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

• NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    wasnt there a warden leaked skills thread somewhere
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    EvoAZN wrote: »
    wasnt there a warden leaked skills thread somewhere

Yes they released the skills but there is still time to adjust them and test.

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

• Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purge is already extremely strong in this game... we really don't need another class that has another form of Purge at their disposal.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not sure if that would be a good idea, well somehow i would like to be able to purge vigor/momentum hot and some other Major buffs, but the same would happen to me to. and im also not sure if that should be a class exclusive skill, should be located in alliance war, other Morph of purge, single target ofc. also efficient purge should be single targed self and purge 5 insteed 2. with all the dots and root spam purge should not be a exclusive skill. also Majore defile should be accesible for anyone.

they also should spread buffs on skills, a few skill have simple to much Utility and make them op. foz does stun/root and dmg, rev bash dmg/stun and Major defile
    Edited by BuggeX on February 17, 2017 5:30PM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »
    im not sure if that would be a good idea, well somehow i would like to be able to purge vigor/momentum hot and some other Major buffs, but the same would happen to me to. and im also not sure if that should be a class exclusive skill, should be located in alliance war, other Morph of purge, single target ofc. also efficient purge should be single targed self and purge 5 insteed 2. with all the dots and root spam purge should not be a exclusive skill. also Majore defile should be accesible for anyone.

they also should spread buffs on skills, a few skill have simple to much Utility and make them op. foz does stun/root and dmg, rev bash dmg/stun and Major defile
    Yea sure make it an alliance skill and remove that worthless flare skill we get. We should have access to a offensive purge skill...by warden or support line.

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    Purge is already extremely strong in this game... we really don't need another class that has another form of Purge at their disposal.

How about you actually read his post
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean by offensive purge? Do you mean a debuff?
  • magorim
    magorim
    ✭✭✭
    He wants to remove all your buffs while you try to run away from Xv1 tryhards while you have cost increase poisens on you.
    Magorim stamsorc
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get it. So you're a Warden right. You're up against a stamina build. They have Vigor up and running as well as Rally. You Purge them, they have no more heals, they try to spam their heals, but you just purge them off, they die. You're up against a magicka build. You purge their shields, they die.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Yes right now purge can only be used defensively on yourself or ally's to cleanse negative spells.

I'd like a purge that will cleanse buffs from enemy players.

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Yes right now purge can only be used defensively on yourself or ally's to cleanse negative spells.

I'd like a purge that will cleanse buffs from enemy players.

Thats pretty much what things like defile, maim, and stam poisons are. It would be far to potent to just outright remove peoples buffs because where do you draw the line?
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clearly this would change the game in a big way. Define,maim, and poisons are small debuffs compared to a high cost offensive purge ability. Say it cost 7000 or 10000 base mag you won't get a ton off but if you use it strategically you could deal with cancer builds and people would have to account for people purging buffs in the game.

Imagine purging shields off a sorc for a timed burst dps.

Imagine purging rally/vigor/crit surge/evasion off a perma dodge roller.

Imagine purging those perma blocking tanks using

Lots of potential with an offensive purge in the game.

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game just needs an overall turn down on snares in the game all together.

Same with roots.

The 60% snare every gap closer has needs to go.

The snare on templar purge needs to go.

The most a snare should snare you for is 50% and that should be on certain skills such a initial caltraps and templars 4th jabs. not on skills like lotus fan or stampede.

Not sure why everything in this game needs a snare attached, dk dots, most skills, it's annoying.

Snares should be major and minor like everything else, minor should be 20 or 30%, major should be 50% and major should be only on very few skills.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    An offensive purge, one which removes buffs from a target or in an area, would end up being yet another Xv1 tool. If the cost is high, no one will be able to run it unless they are in a group large enough to support dedicated purge bots. If large groups only fought large groups, that would be one thing, but an entire zerg will absolutely chase one player sniffed out of hiding halfway across the map.

We already have snares, resource poisons and debuffs which can partially counter many buffs. One skill which counters EVERY buff is way too strong.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    All buffs are short so people are use to reapplying often. Some are even applied via a damage skill. So I will be happy to run you out of magicka while I kill you.
  • xboxNA corin6
    xboxNA corin6
    ✭✭✭
    Nah. Works well in other games. Shields scale downward the more enemies hitting you and have 6 second durations. Adding offensive purge in group fights just makes heavy meta stronger. With buffs like sorcery and brutality which are mandatory would make this too strong. Effectively one purge negates someone's complete offense and hurts magicka builds much worse than stamina. If you can take my buffs, then purge should cost as much magicka as the cost of the buffs removed with an additional 50% cost for all the advantages you and your group gains by removing buffs, and I still think it would be overpowered. The only way I see this working is by attaching it to an ultimate, and work similar to sorcerers negate.
    I'm a magsorc
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When he says Purge he means Buff Shear.

• Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

[/quote

@Xsorus

I guess you played daoc 8)

Midguard Merlin server?

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think an offensive purge could be cool, but IMO it would need to be a skill with about 10 different morphs because I think you should have to choose very specifically what type of purge you want (maybe even save it for spellcrafting).

A blanket, non-discriminate purge is a horrible idea and would be incredibly frustrating to play against. You should have to choose - I want to purge shields, or I want to purge speed buffs, or I want to purge HOTs, armor buffs, etc.

Also as counterplay, there should be a separate active skill/buff that when someone tries to purge you while you have the counter buff, the purge spell backfires on them or they straight up explode. :trollface:
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I would be fighting someone, and they would purge my food, mundus, continuous attack? Rekt.
    Edited by WhiteMage on February 24, 2017 3:19PM
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plz just give warden a warpig pet so I can wreak havoc in cyrodil with Man-Bear-Pig..
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would only empower zergs and hurt small scale, terrible idea.
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    So I would be fighting someone, and they would purge my food, mundus, continuous attack? Rekt.

I don't think food or Mundas stones should be included in it. Maybe times buffs less than 5 minutes only would be effected

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[/quote

@Xsorus

Midguard Merlin server?

Of course, don't you remember Terravos Buff Shearing you all day long on Bled Bridge ;o)
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭

[/quote

@Xsorus

Midguard Merlin server?

Of course, don't you remember Terravos Buff Shearing you all day long on Bled Bridge ;o)

I did the majority of buff shearing had 44 nature as a Druid....you were in desolate or which mid PvP guild? I was Angry Elves Hib.

@Xsorus

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[/quote

@Xsorus

Midguard Merlin server?

I did the majority of buff shearing had 44 nature as a Druid....you were in desolate or which mid PvP guild? I was Angry Elves Hib.

@Xsorus

Yeap lol

Had the Savage and Valkyrie Mainly.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Offensive purge sounds scary and horrible.
    PC | EU