Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Master Crafter Idea

Toolzy
Toolzy
✭✭✭
So...here's an idea. I know folks have been either complaining or liking the Master Writs. Some are voicing out that they didn't put in the hours/days/months to getting their crafting research skill up to a 9 trait skill only to "make furniture". What if something was added back to your crafting so it'll make it more valuable? Think, recrafting.

As a Master Crafter of the following lines, I should be able to do the following:

Master Blacksmith - reforge crafted items to any style (not trait, just cosmetic)
Master Clothier - retailor crafted items to any style (not trait, just cosmetic)
Master Woodworker - recarve crafted items to any style (not trait, just cosmetic)

Conditions for recrafting?

- must have knowledge of said motif (if you don't have it, you can't recraft it)
- must be level 50 master crafter with all passives fulfilled
- recrafting will need set number of materials to be recrafted
- EDIT: recrafting cannot be applied on "unique" items (ie. monster set helms)

So now you're wondering, "if I wore it, how can you recraft it? It's bound!"

Answer? Trade UI. You're not trading the items. You're just placing them on the UI (item and materials) where the master crafter can hit apply (assuming that he/she has knowledge of the motif)

The value?

1. You're not just crafting items or set items for yourself just once. You're asking for returning customers.
2. You can practically monopolize the market if you have learned rare motifs like the Akaviri Motifs. Those things cost 100k per chapter on the market. Why sell it if you can sell the service yourself?
3. This is more for ZOS ('coz they gotta get something out of this right?), folks will buy crowns to buy motifs so they can sell the services as well.
4. Players will be enticed to go back and farm for motifs.

Again, this is just for cosmetics. Not performance enhancing (traits).

Anyway...thought I'd just put this out here. :) I hope ZOS is listening.
Edited by Toolzy on February 16, 2017 9:32PM
Uh-oh, running out of breath, but I
Oh, I, I got stamina
Uh-oh, running now, I close my eyes
Well, oh, I got stamina
And uh-oh, I see another mountain to climb
But I, I, I got stamina

- Raevenhart (DK Nord Tank)
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    Toolzy wrote: »
    So...here's an idea. I know folks have been either complaining or liking the Master Writs. Some are voicing out that they didn't put in the hours/days/months to getting their crafting research skill up to a 9 trait skill only to "make furniture". What if something was added back to your crafting so it'll make it more valuable? Think, recrafting.

As a Master Crafter of the following lines, I should be able to do the following:

Master Blacksmith - reforge crafted items to any style (not trait, just cosmetic)
    Master Clothier - retailor crafted items to any style (not trait, just cosmetic)
    Master Woodworker - recarve crafted items to any style (not trait, just cosmetic)

- must have knowledge of said motif (if you don't have it, you can't recraft it)

Answer? Trade UI. You're not trading the items. You're just placing them on the UI (item and materials) where the master crafter can hit apply (assuming that he/she has knowledge of the motif)

The value?

1. You're not just crafting items or set items for yourself just once. You're asking for returning customers.
    2. You can practically monopolize the market if you have learned rare motifs like the Akaviri Motifs. Those things cost 100k per chapter on the market. Why sell it if you can sell the service yourself?
    3. This is more for ZOS ('coz they gotta get something out of this right?), folks will buy crowns to buy motifs so they can sell the services as well.

[s[/s]
    Sounds exciting :smile:
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The value?

I like this idea, but a few suggested tweaks:
    1. Open it up to non-crafted items as well. I don't see a reason we can't re-do some of the set gear.
    2. Instead of the trade UI option(or perhaps along-side of it), allow master crafters to create consumables that can be traded and sold on the AH(Scrolls of Transformation or something like that). Have it adjusted for the max quality the item can transform.
    Perhaps have them use tempers and the new style's item. So for a Scroll of Transformation that can transform a clothing item of any quality, have them require Dreaugh wax and a gold scale. For one that can transform a clothing item that is epic or worse, have them require Elegant Lining and gold scale.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While this is just in theory and hypothetical, the bolded feature would create a waste of 12 skill points because you're insinuating that the passive to reduce research times + allow for up to three items researched at once would still need to be filled. Which any master crafter worth their salt will respec points out of as soon as they've researched all traits in that particular skill line.

Just my personal take away. Otherwise I don't have anything else negative to say about your proposal.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)