The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The addons/cheats that allow you to dodge perfectly

• Trottz
    Trottz
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

We have recently removed a handful of posts for baiting. While we understand the nature of this thread, we must ask that all posts be kept within the Community Rules. Failure to do so can result in the thread being closed.

Thank you for your understanding!

Yo Blinxey
    Trist'is and Krahl, a.D.

“Show me a mortal who is not pursued, and I’ll show you a corpse. Every hunter is hunted, every mind that knows itself has stalkers. We drive and are driven. The unknown pursues the ignorant, the truth assails every scholar wise enough to know his ignorance, for that is the meaning of unknowable truths.”
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    1. You cant launch a frag from stealth. It pulls you out when you start channeling or when you launch.
    2. Sending a frag is a very easy telegraph that is why a lot sorcs bar swap, dodge roll or block cancel them so it skips the animation.
    3. Frags are also not hard to detect even when you dont see the player given the speed of the projectile. It's more than likely not an add on or cheating but an experienced player avoiding damage. (Playing a sorc or dueling them makes this second nature where your fingers react before your mind even knows what it did)
    Edited by MrTtheDK on February 19, 2017 5:35PM
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
    RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
    Game: @TalosSeptim
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is why Console > PC.
    The screen isn't cluttered with add-on's and you don't have stuff like "Dodge Now" or "Ultimate Ready" or "Stack on Boss for Poison Phase" popping up as if you can't use your eyes.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrTtheDK wrote: »
    1. You cant launch a frag from stealth. It pulls you out when you start channeling or when you launch.
    2. Sending a frag is a very easy telegraph that is why a lot sorcs bar swap, dodge roll or block cancel them so it skips the animation.
    3. Frags are also not hard to detect even when you dont see the player given the speed of the projectile. It's more than likely not an add on or cheating but an experienced player avoiding damage. (Playing a sorc or dueling them makes this second nature where your fingers react before your mind even knows what it did)

when you re-read the OP about just mousing over a target you can take the time to post a valid reaponse. thank you,
    Once again, not a single frag was fired.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will have a video uploaded by tonight, or I will try. I caught this on film last night.

I know there are currently players running an addon or some other cheap tactic that informs them when to dodge, or dodges for them. I am constantly experiencing issues when I can proc frags from stealth and players are roll dodging before I even fire it off.

Last night I was stealthed as an EP zerg ran by and I will typically pick off the slower ones in the back. One player roll dodged the moment I targeted him when he should had zero indication where I was or that I had him targeted.

Now, I thought Miats addon was rendered useless with HS but that point aside I know there is a different addon being used that tells players when to dodge.

I cant fathom why anyone claiming to be competent at PvP would use such a crutch when they should be relying on their eyeballs and skill for counterplay. We all know who the rock hugging stam trolls are, that seemingly never take any damage, never run out of resources, and can withstand 10+ potatoes beating on them.....and always perfectly dodge rolling whenever a frags proc occurs....doesnt matter if I am zerg surfing, hidden, or at some distance....they always know its coming.

Miats still warns you if youre targeted by something you can see, like someone out of stealth heavy atking you or casting frags on u, snipe etc..

PC EU
    PvP only
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭

when you re-read the OP about just mousing over a target you can take the time to post a valid reaponse. thank you,

"Last night I was stealthed as an EP zerg ran by and I will typically pick off the slower ones in the back. One player roll dodged the moment I targeted him when he should had zero indication where I was or that I had him targeted."

I dont know about you but when I start casting a frag I get pulled out of stealth pretty quickly. Who is to say that the player didn't see another toon casting a channeled ability.
    Edited by MrTtheDK on February 19, 2017 9:05PM
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
    RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
    Game: @TalosSeptim
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When someone casts a frag on you, you get a debuff. I think templars used to be able to purge before the frag hit them to remove it? It could also be you put the person into combat, and they dodged either because the have an addon to tell them they are in combat, or because the music. They also could've seen the frag coming at them and dodged. It's not very fast.
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The screen isn't cluttered with add-on's and you don't have stuff like "Dodge Now" or "Ultimate Ready" or "Stack on Boss for Poison Phase" popping up as if you can't use your eyes.

Lol.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Def something wrong. I have seen folks roll dodge just because I moused over them, never even used an ability, and said person was not fighting anyone else and I had not engaged him yet...just a mouse over caused him to dodge, really fishy stuff

Ahh well PC is outlaw land because ZOS won't lock down their API and curb stomp cheaters
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Def something wrong. I have seen folks roll dodge just because I moused over them, never even used an ability, and said person was not fighting anyone else and I had not engaged him yet...just a mouse over caused him to dodge, really fishy stuff

Ahh well PC is outlaw land because ZOS won't lock down their API and curb stomp cheaters

Lmao
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Idk, I'm really happy on pc because I don't run into people who think console > pc. I would pay for that perk alone cos nothing is more boring than listening to that. Also I really appreciate being able to turn my toon round instantly.

Edited by FriedEggSandwich on February 20, 2017 3:52AM
    PC | EU
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do any of you read?
    @thankyourat
    I clearly stated that I did not fire off a frags nor was I casting one (aka hard casting). I used crit surge from stealth (self buff) to proc frags and simply was hovering my mouse over my target. No action taken.

I used to cast snipe from stealth and cancel it before it fired. I was amazed how many people dodge rolled, flapped wings, put up shield because they knew someone was charging a snipe.

Yesterday I found out that even a simple UI like FTC shows snipes being cast in your surrounding.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Last night I was stealthed as an EP zerg ran by and I will typically pick off the slower ones in the back. One player roll dodged the moment I targeted him when he should had zero indication where I was or that I had him targeted."

I dont know about you but when I start casting a frag I get pulled out of stealth pretty quickly. Who is to say that the player didn't see another toon casting a channeled ability.

Where is the word "cast?"

I said targeted, meaning pointing my mouse cursor at him.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes this. I am not sure why so many people on these forums dont put skill points into reading comprehension.

Not once in OP did I say I hard casted frags. Mouse. Over.

ffs
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    Do any of you read?
    @thankyourat
    I clearly stated that I did not fire off a frags nor was I casting one (aka hard casting). I used crit surge from stealth (self buff) to proc frags and simply was hovering my mouse over my target. No action taken.

I used to cast snipe from stealth and cancel it before it fired. I was amazed how many people dodge rolled, flapped wings, put up shield because they knew someone was charging a snipe.

Yesterday I found out that even a simple UI like FTC shows snipes being cast in your surrounding.

It plays combat music when you start snipe. I shield every time I hear the music come on. Its an important anti-gank tactic. @thankyourat
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    There's definitely something out there - ant its one of the reasons I stopped with my dw sorc...

So many times you can wail on someone with wrath/curse/degeneration... but the instant you fire off a procced frags. the instant - not after they see it coming - they dodge.

Its too common to be manual and its too quick to be manual.

I noticed this as well with my mSorc, they know whats comming and they anticipate it.

There is an addon that informs you on whats comming (shards, stonefist, javelin etc) i saw a known youtuber on EU having that addon, not sure what's it called.

So much for skill in pvp.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, ok so I'm going to add my opinion to this thread. And I really hope that ZoS take this advice. This ""Auto Dodge"" is so very out of control, and is a valid point of just how UNFAIR this game has become.

I will state that again in case you missed it, this is a VALID point of just how UNFAIR this game has become.

Those using this Auto Dodge add on or script or what ever it is, obviously I don't know because I don't use it or know where to get it, but it seems everyone I battle on the EP alliance seems to have it now, except weak noobs just starting off in PvP.

I land some really good shots against players, and to be honest to see then a message on my screen "Missed" when the player is running, battling another guy to which they don't see me from behind, or they are in MID AIR (how can you dodge off the ground in mid-air????) and or even standing still while in map or menu mode?

I can understand really, if ZoS doesn't understand the world of hackers and can't find a hacker to work at ZoS to stop it, but why don't instead of stopping it if you truly can not, then make an algorithm to detect it, to see who is using it, then place a 1 month BANHAMMER on their cheating rear ends????

My god man, I used to love playing this game, but this past year alone it has become so wild and overly aggressive I am aside myself speechless. Listen, man! Before you repeat someone, I will say this, I could care less about an add on that tells you when to dodge, that's fine. In fact I'm not running any add on like that but there is a built in , in game queue that notifies you to dodge roll.

BUT!!! Having it, but letting the computer initiate the action for you instead of telling you to dodge roll, it does it for you is a lazy ass man made cheat. And cheat it is. Regardless of what anyone says about it, it is an """UNFARE ADVANTAGE""" against other players to use a resource like that to auto dodge roll an attack against someone that isn't using it, to gain an unfair advantage to kill that player landing and scoring more hits off them.

So? ZoS can't server side code to stop it, then server side code to detect it in order to temp ban these people so the rest of us can have a fair fight.

Only other option man, just make it a standard issue in game feature for everyone.

Thank you for reading.
    I'm truly sorry I had to post this. And yes, sorry enough that I now feel sad.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible an addon alerts a player when someone mouses over him? Cuz thats all I did.
    Still an issue btw ...
    dry.gif

Edited by SirAndy on September 15, 2017 5:54PM
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    Let's see some video proof.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folks, these games have had issues like this since forever, all of them. It's their nature, and a product of a low quality of human being or kid who takes video games a bit too seriously. You think if this is fixed, there won't be the next 100 things? Might as well just play it as the light diversion it's supposed to be and ignore the tryhards.

These games are designed to be fun, light diversions, not "competitive sports." It's crappy "People of Walmart" portions of the playerbase that makes them otherwise, tryhards who take video games too seriously and set out to exploit every possible advantage and cheat to win at all costs. IT departments all over the country are full of these types.

They aren't going to pour their efforts into RL skills, sports. games, hobbies, because they suck at anything real, so overspend time on games like this. There's nothing the devs or company will ever be able to do about this.

tldr, if you want to play a game or sport with less holes, pick an IRL sport or game. MMOs are like a football game where there is only one referee watching the game on a 9" b&w screen in a bar a mile away. Adjust your expectations.

Oh, and NO, nothing in the above is advocating that bugs in games should not be reported and fixed.
    Edited by buttaface on September 15, 2017 6:51PM
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll just point out one little thing.

Combat music + people that wear good headsets paired with good audio (high end mobo w/ good audio chip or soundcard).

That's not saying there isn't still something screwy with people dodging stuff...

But people with good sound and headphones and stuff like "scout mode" in sound cards can hear things that perhaps you can not.

If you are playing with some cheapo insignia headset, well your sound quality isn't quite up to par with many quality headphones.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it's clear you know nothing about PC gaming at all. lmao
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think such add ons shouldn't be in the game at all. I'm not using them by myself for personal reasons but can't blame people either for using (as long as ZOS allows it).
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    parkham wrote: »

You can see this addon at work in the latest video I posted, 3:54 for instance - the only reason I dodge that Dark Flare from sneak is because I get a warning from Miat's addon when the Templar starts casting it.

9:34 I get a warning that someone is casting Snipe on me and because of this I know exactly when to cloak in order to make it miss.

It's worth noting that the in game sound effect of incoming Snipe plays after the 1s cast time has finished and the projectile is on its way - Miat's addon lets you know when someone starts casting it.

I'd rather not have addons that give clear advantages in game exist - but if they do there's no point in not using them. Not proud about it, but that's just how things are.

Edit: just noticed this thread is from February. It's mind boggling how this addon is still allowed.
    Edited by DDuke on September 15, 2017 11:35PM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a disgrace that these add ons are allowed- they should be removed immediately. No surprise ZOS lets this issue drag on unaddressed.

I do agree with the above poster that since they are allowed, one might as well use them, or else you will be at a disadvantage. This is a sad but true reality. This is why they need to be banned immediately. Please take a look at this problem, ZOS.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best thing is finding someone using the addon with no real sense of how to use it.

Spam projectiles while they semi-involuntarily dodgeroll themselves out of stam.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    parkham wrote: »

You can see this addon at work in the latest video I posted, 3:54 for instance - the only reason I dodge that Dark Flare from sneak is because I get a warning from Miat's addon when the Templar starts casting it.

9:34 I get a warning that someone is casting Snipe on me and because of this I know exactly when to cloak in order to make it miss.

It's worth noting that the in game sound effect of incoming Snipe plays after the 1s cast time has finished and the projectile is on its way - Miat's addon lets you know when someone starts casting it.

I'd rather not have addons that give clear advantages in game exist - but if they do there's no point in not using them. Not proud about it, but that's just how things are.

Edit: just noticed this thread is from February. It's mind boggling how this addon is still allowed.

The fact he even asked for video proof means he is oblivious or abusing it.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know of Miats and use it. I'm not very good but the way it pops up; I seem to have forever to react opposed to the built in game queues that wait for it to be in the air rather than start of cast. Makes dark flare and snipe, etc almost not worth Slotting outside of Xv1 where they can't dodge everything.

Ironically; the flip side of that is they made some instant abilities undodgeable just due to animation. 2 ridiculous ends of the wrong side of balance. Maybe they need to make undodgeables also have cast times; and cast time abilities undodgeable but all interruptable and balance from there since they can't seem to figure this out.

I'm not sure about automated dodge though. 1 person can spam these once a second so you would be stuck rolling until out of stamina if targeted by a sustained build or just more than one person. Automation is sub par to just being good at just watching the huge pop up.
    Edited by technohic on September 16, 2017 2:20PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact he even asked for video proof means he is oblivious or abusing it.
    From my experience here on these forums, it's most likely the latter ...
    dry.gif