Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Surveys post-Homestead

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
Are there any changes to what we get from surveys after Homestead dropped/drops?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Surveys remained the same as before so no need to save them for launch.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Good to know... thanks!! Guess I'll have a busy day doing my 80+ surveys lol.
  • ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

Good to know... thanks!! Guess I'll have a busy day doing my 80+ surveys lol.

seriously, i have like 100+
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to pick these damn things up until they drop the new mats. Fix it! How is a node "lush" or enhanced in any way if it can't drop the only materials anybody actually cares about. Nobody gives a rats ass about the old materials. We've got thousands. Give me shiny new heartwood and regulous.

Also, Treasure maps still not giving paintings, seriously, 2 patches in.

My bank is having serious issues with your slowness to fix these two things.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    I'm not going to pick these damn things up until they drop the new mats. Fix it! How is a node "lush" or enhanced in any way if it can't drop the only materials anybody actually cares about. Nobody gives a rats ass about the old materials. We've got thousands. Give me shiny new heartwood and regulous.

When i earned my surveys before homestead i knew they did not grant furniture mats. i knew what they dropped. They still drop that. they are not broken. they do everything they were supposed to when i earned them. i have gotten exactly what i "paid for" or "was promised."

posdt homestead at release the last fix clarified it was intentional they not drop furnishing mats. they madew a point to take one which was and make it like the rest to not drop furnishing mats. So again, i know what it is supposed to do and when i go do the stuff to "earn it" i am still getting what i was promised. They are not broken. i have gotten exactly what i "paid for" or "was promised."

To me them not deciding to raise the value of surveys is not a sign they have made a mistake.

Now the treasure maps and paintings is a bug, one which bit me hard after the patch. I really should not have gone treasure hunting and expending "rare" commodities like the maps that soon after a major patch. i knew better. i was just stupid greedy.

hope they fix that soon. more maps are accumulating.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    They still drop that. they are not broken. they do everything they were supposed to when i earned them. i have gotten exactly what i "paid for" or "was promised."
    They were giving them on PTS but were changed because they weren't all dropping reliably, so a lot of people want to know if it's worth keeping onto them... or if ZOS plans on changing them back to how they were on PTS when they're fixed.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    STEVIL wrote: »
    They still drop that. they are not broken. they do everything they were supposed to when i earned them. i have gotten exactly what i "paid for" or "was promised."
    They were giving them on PTS but were changed because they weren't all dropping reliably, so a lot of people want to know if it's worth keeping onto them... or if ZOS plans on changing them back to how they were on PTS when they're fixed.

IIRC the patch notes for the final change made it pretty clear the alchemy was changed to be "in line wth' the others and not dropping the housing mats. that pretty clearly showed their intention. Now of course they can change it at any time but have given zero indication that their intent was "they should drop" and the current situation is a "bug".

Some folks may need to accept that the T in PTS stands for "test" and that the P is not standing for "promised".

From the 2.7.4 patch notes

Updated Alchemy Survey Reports to no longer provide Alchemical Resin. This brings them in line with other Survey Reports.

that isn't a "so still bugged but we will fix them later" note, is it?

when they do half-measures and plan to revisit they usually are clear about it.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »

Considering how many people are now doing the high-end surveys, the old matts are still worth a pretty penny, and seem to be going up.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.