Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Master wirt & number of vouchers

rhysrwb17_ESO1
Hi Guys,

I finally got a master wirt quest today and in my excitement I blindly accepted it before I realised what it was.

Does anyone know if there is any way to find out how many wirt vouchers it provides once you accept the quest? Everything I read to date suggests you can't find out. I need an Akarvi style so don't think it is worth it..
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can.
    When you first get the master writ it opens a dialogue. Step back of that dialogue (don't accept the quest). Then browse your inventory and mouseover the master writ (still sealed and tradable). The tooltip shows the required item and the number of vouchers.

• Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't opened any of mine yet, so I don't know for sure, but you can make a guesstimation

If it doesn't require nirncrux, and isn't gold it is probably worth about 6. If it is gold then probably about 60, and if it is gold and nirn then 120. The number of traits you need to know to craft the set seem to influence the number of writs rewarded too.

This is assuming it is gear. If it is alchemy or enchanting it is probably 2-6 writs.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • rhysrwb17_ESO1
    Yes you can.
    When you first get the master writ it opens a dialogue. Step back of that dialogue (don't accept the quest). Then browse your inventory and mouseover the master writ (still sealed and tradable). The tooltip shows the required item and the number of vouchers.

Thanks for that, however I have already accepted the quest so this doesn't help :(. I know to not blindly accepted it in the future though (Why it isn't mentioned as part of the quest I have no idea).
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    I haven't opened any of mine yet, so I don't know for sure, but you can make a guesstimation

If it doesn't require nirncrux, and isn't gold it is probably worth about 6. If it is gold then probably about 60, and if it is gold and nirn then 120. The number of traits you need to know to craft the set seem to influence the number of writs rewarded too.

This is assuming it is gear. If it is alchemy or enchanting it is probably 2-6 writs.

Its a legendary Akaviri sword but can't remember the set off the top of my head so don't know if it needs 9 traits or not (It doesn't need nirncrux though), however I don't have the style and I don't know if I want to grind the PvP or not (Given i haven't PvP'ed in this game before)
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can.
    Thanks for that, however I have already accepted the quest so this doesn't help :(. I know to not blindly accepted it in the future though (Why it isn't mentioned as part of the quest I have no idea).

If you've already accepted the quest then you're screwed. Stuck with it, only choice is craft the thing or abandon the quest (writ is forever lost then).

As a rule of thumb,, the factors intefering are :

- Set required : how many traits (the more the higher)
    - Set required : base game zone or DLC zone (DLC zone is higher)
    - Quality (Legendary is higher)
    - Trait (Nirnhoned is higher).
    - Style required (rarer is higher)

I've seen a 291-voucher-writ. Required 1 legendary twice-born-star item, akaviri nirnhoned.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on February 16, 2017 12:06PM
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can always buy the chapter you need from a player who does PVP. They're often on guild stores. That's the fastest way to resolve it, but it'll cost you some gold.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The highest Master Writ reward I have gotten

imgur.com/a/TmLKP

Its was not to bad to make, the only thing it needed that was not in base game was the Ebonheart Pact Stlye.
    Edited by majulook on February 16, 2017 10:32PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • rhysrwb17_ESO1
    Yes you can.

If you've already accepted the quest then you're screwed. Stuck with it, only choice is craft the thing or abandon the quest (writ is forever lost then).

As a rule of thumb,, the factors intefering are :

- Set required : how many traits (the more the higher)
    - Set required : base game zone or DLC zone (DLC zone is higher)
    - Quality (Legendary is higher)
    - Trait (Nirnhoned is higher).
    - Style required (rarer is higher)

I've seen a 291-voucher-writ. Required 1 legendary twice-born-star item, akaviri nirnhoned.

Cheers but it is still a gamble considering how much the motif is worth (As I just found out :( ).
    Slurg wrote: »
    You can always buy the chapter you need from a player who does PVP. They're often on guild stores. That's the fastest way to resolve it, but it'll cost you some gold.

Average price is around 96,000 so that is more than I have (And willing to pay to be honest. I might just drop it and hope for the best in the future :(