The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So is dueling offically dead?

FearlessOne_2014
FearlessOne_2014
✭✭✭✭✭
Search for people to duel with in the zones for about a few hours during NA Prime. Only one Magicka Sorc was willing to duel me. That is why I'm asking this question. Is the only thing we can do is wait till June for the battlegrounds?

If not then where have yall been finding people to duel and what not, at what times of the day is rip for dueling?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I find dueling quite boring, its a different experience then open world pvp. The builds you use and most ppl use for dueling is optimized to duel and thus the activity becomes boring fast. Much more fun to play open world were people need to have a build that can cope well with most situations that comes at you. Well rounded builds.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Personally I find dueling quite boring, its a different experience then open world pvp. The builds you use and most ppl use for dueling is optimized to duel and thus the activity becomes boring fast. Much more fun to play open world were people need to have a build that can cope well with most situations that comes at you. Well rounded builds.

I see your point. Me personally I find zerging pretty boring most of the times. Unless of course I'm Alliance War skill, or AP farming.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dueling with friends and guild events are still going strong.

I (and I assume many people) have no interest in accepting random duel invites that are likely to be full of proc cheese, poisons, unkillable tanks spamming duel invites, etc.

That being said I still see public duels happening all the time in the usual spots.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dueling with friends and guild events are still going strong.

I (and I assume many people) have no interest in accepting random duel invites that are likely to be full of proc cheese, poisons, unkillable tanks spamming duel invites, etc.

That being said I still see public duels happening all the time in the usual spots.

I can understand that which is why I was challenging players on my Level 20 MageBlade. So they what I'd think would feel abit safer. But I guess this not to be the case.

Oh wellI guess if I want small scale PvP. Or 1v1 and not getting Xv1ed by a bunch of zerglings. I'll have to play Smite till June when 4v4v4 comes out.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also I don't really move my Pvp characters out and about. Maybe grab a mundus and go. My pve characters generally are the ones I roam open areas. Someone got mad I didn't accept a duel while on a high ranked Pvp character in mournhold. I was wearing all divines gear BSW aether and llambris. It would take 15 min to redo all my gear champion attributes and moves to Pvp spec. So I end up declining a lot of duels. I wish they had a way to easily switch to different load outs.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I find a ton of duels NA xb1 every capital city and starter towns all have a ton of people dueling. It's calmed down a lot but still very active. I have a lvl 10 mdk in full gold gear to troll people with for fun no one expects a 10 to hit like a truck XDDD
    Edited by FloppyTouch on February 17, 2017 8:26AM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dueling was dead five days after it came out. What was zos thinking releasing all this cancer with dueling at the same time?
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Search for people to duel with in the zones for about a few hours during NA Prime. Only one Magicka Sorc was willing to duel me. That is why I'm asking this question. Is the only thing we can do is wait till June for the battlegrounds?

If not then where have yall been finding people to duel and what not, at what times of the day is rip for dueling?

Not sure where the dueling spots are on the NA server but just ask around... on EU there are a number of customary dueling spots (for example Bergama Wayshrine in the Alikir) where you are quite likely to find duelers most of the time during prime time. Also, you could join a dueling guild, and guildies could tell you where the dueling spots are.. but this is not necessary just for finding out the locations and having good fights.
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    I wish they had a way to easily switch to different load outs.

The Dressing Room add-on can do that (switch gear and abilities one-click)
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1128-DressingRoom.html
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    And no, dueling is NOT dead!
    (had to add this :) )
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

- Vilestride
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Join a dueling guild.

Most of the players running around in PvP zones are not too interested in dueling and just want to go about their business, you need to band together with other like-minded players to get content you desire often.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Join a dueling guild.

Most of the players running around in PvP zones are not too interested in dueling and just want to go about their business, you need to band together with other like-minded players to get content you desire often.

Ok will try to find one. Thank you.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually see at least a few people dueling right by the undaunted pledge area NA PC.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dueling is still very active on Xbox N/A. I myself don't duel often just because you rarely see anything new in duels. if someone challenges me I know there's a good chance that he is using poisons, and viper on a sword and board dk, and I just don't want to deal with that. But if you show up to any main city you'll see players dueling outside of it
    Edited by thankyourat on February 18, 2017 10:03AM
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see it's seems pretty dead for the most part on NA PC. Only very few times during the day I see them happening anywhere in the zones.
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grahtwood: Around Elden Root Wayshrine and Undaunted camp, PC/NA
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dueling just is not balanced
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dueling was a poor thought out idea. In theory it's exactly what a huge chunk of the PvP playerbase was asking for well over a year ago, perhaps even two years ago. Dueling, or 1v1 guilds, were quite popular for a long time. A lot of those players left the game.

I'll usually accept a duel request as long as I'm on a PvP character waiting for que or some nonsense. Very rarely do I ever seek out a duel, except for in cases with friends or for build testing.

Ironically just this morning a random came up to me and asked to duel. I accepted and killed him within a few seconds. At first he was pretty salty, after a few more duels he broke down and asked for advice. Ended up helping him with his build and CP.

TL:DR

After the initial burst of dueling, it really wore off quickly. With the mix of proc set builds and unkillable tanks it became less and less fun daily. Rarely do I see large groups of dueling going on anymore, heck even a few weeks after it was released it was rare to see.
    Edited by mtwiggz on February 22, 2017 7:12AM
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Xbox NA dueling is slowly dying, each day I find myself struggling to find a good duel across 5 major cities, used to be much more popular. Unfortunately the people I find dueling most are the elite duelers whom I absolutely can't stand.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes you wonder if 4v4v4 going to end up the same way. Doesn't it?
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really think the game's balance is conducive to "competitive" dueling. As a result, I think competitive dueling died off pretty quickly as the hype died down. That being said, I still think dueling is a great addition as a more casual activity, whether it be dueling to kill time while in a queue, dueling with friends, random duels with strangers, using duels to teach things, etc.

And I don't think the intent was ever to have dueling become much of a competitive activity, but rather more of a quality of life improvement so if you did want to have some duels with your friend or whatever, you didn't need to worry about going into Cyrodiil, riding back after somebody dies, running into other people who interrupt you not knowing you're dueling, etc., and I do think they did a fine job of achieving that goal.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is always dueling outside wayrest - really good players too. thats where i went to practice my stam dk build. but i suspect folks that are really enthusiastic about it have been dueling for some time already, and they may have set up their own dueling areas. ESO is a big game, there could be a huge dueling guild that holds tournaments in th middle of alikr desert and no one would ever know.

with player housing, that visibility may have become more exclusive
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dueling isn't dead at all. It's the best tool for trying a new build or burst combo and making tweaks on the fly. Lots of people love it for this. If you ask in zone for someone to duel to test a build you should get some interest.

However if you are asking about "competitive" dueling then I agree there isn't much activity there because there is no value in it. Dueling is not a good metric for skill or a good build. It's primarily just cheese and e-peen.
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    pet sorc op
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jurand80 wrote: »
    pet sorc op

I would also say pet sorc OP. However I found other players builds who have be able to shut down my pet sorc builds. Dued to the fact they can wear heavy armor. Pet Sorc builds lose loads of damage and sustainability when in heavy armor. Now those good DKs in heavy armor equals RIP pet sorcs.

So the only reason I can not say Pet Sorc is OP. Is because a magicka DK of then same skill level does have a noticeable advantage against Pet Sorc builds. Other then fighting a good DK yup Pet Sorc is OP. However if Pet Sorc is OP but DK beats OP Pet Sorcs. Then what does that say about DKs?
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sublime wrote: »

Yes long live 3 vs 3, 2 vs 2 AND dueling :)
    The link above: great video, great fun - check it out :)
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

- Vilestride
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people I know who Duel as a group activity do so away from towns and cities and wayshrines and what not. They tend to respect the other players and not duel all over them as they are conducting their business. Also, a lot of people are dueling in the houses now.

So, you have to find a group of like minded individuals and get with them and duel where they are.

I am also surprised that no one ever seems to use the dueling area ZOS set up for this in Stormhaven. That place is always empty of other players.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawl died, it had some of the best players with the worst attitudes (hate them I do)

So the better duels are at:
    High levels, Elden Root by the undaunted
    High levels, Riften by the Bank
    Low Levels, V Guard by the wayshrine

Im sure there are more, these are just the areas I frequent for duels. Xbox NA
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    On PC/NA, Wayrest, by the Undaunted Enclave is the most consistent dueling spot.
    Edited by dpencil on March 28, 2017 5:30PM