Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What do you do with rare fish?

Lake
Lake
✭✭✭✭✭
I googled, and an old post said to bank them, but they're not bankable. They can't be filleted, and I don't think Homestead uses them?

Are they just vendor trash?
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭
    Basicly, yes
    SW GoH > ESO
  • Vaporis
    Vaporis
    Soul Shriven
    Yep, as soon as you fish them up, they register against the fishing achievement and then you can just sell them to a merchant.
    No sir. Time will show that it is, in fact, you who is the Milksopp.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some fish (new ones) are actually furniture items that can be placed in your homes or traded to other players. While fishing since the Homestead update, I've received several furnishing items (big fish, small fish, starfish, coral, a bunch of fish hanging from a line, etc.). This has made fishing somewhat more fun & interesting.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish trophies could be filleted for a higher chance at roe tbh. Simply selling them to a merchant doesn't feel right.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some trophy fish now for housing . But those old ones are just vendor trash .
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    I wish trophies could be filleted for a higher chance at roe tbh. Simply selling them to a merchant doesn't feel right.

Yeah, I mean it's not even like the money is impressive. You can make more for killing an NPC and looting it normally.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • stuff12002
    stuff12002
    ✭✭
    Yah I wish some exploration achievements were account wide, like with Champion Points. I love that about Diablo 3 and FFXIV (I realize its more flexible in the latter due to job switching), that their achievements respect the effort. There should be an equitable solution to integrating account-wide achievements to reward the time sink required to attain them, while still preserving other gameplay achievements integral to individual toons.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poké...raw fish, soy, onion, macadamia nut, avocado on wontons...amazing.
    Edited by davey1107 on October 19, 2017 7:51AM