The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Greedy players

M1SH3LL3
M1SH3LL3
✭✭✭
Evening all,

I love doing the daily vet pledges. Some of them drop some useful sets, others not so much but I mainly complete them for funsies more than anything else.
At the completion of a dungeon I usually link my drops into group chat and asks who wants what.
I'm getting really disillusioned with the mentality and greed of a lot of players. This gear is only tradable with the current group. The most money a player can get for this gear is 100 quid from a merchant. It cannot be sold in guild store. Why are players so keen to 'charge' thousands to give their UNWANTED drops to players who are farming that set?

Someone in my group yesterday linked in chat that they'd got a resto staff. I asked if I could have it (politely) and they said "how much you gonna give me?" I offered to swap it for anything I had that they might want, which they declined. I offered 500 quid (plenty more than they'd get selling to a merchant. They laughed and left the group.

Why are people doing this? It makes zero sense to me.

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they have some use for it but would be willing to part with it for the right price, or maybe they're just greedy, but there's definitely a difference.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I was doing normal trials and some guy tried to sell a BLUE infall ring to me for 20k. I just laughed and left, I mean I will have 3 gold (already have one) within a week, I was just going to use that for the time being. Some people are incredibly greedy, some are very helpful though.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dark side of humanity shows itself.
    tumblr_nausq3DpWy1tts3f4o1_500.gif

this is One of the reasons why i like solo dungeons and solo play that i can have follower NPC's and be able to solo content.
    i have many more reasons.

Edited by Gilvoth on February 16, 2017 2:34AM
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other day i was running Fungol grotto 1 to get Krag's helm , two people in my group got medium devines and i got HA with infused, i asked if anybody got medium i am happy to trade , one person posted he is selling it for 75k plus trade of the helm we got. I was thinking about it but had only 40k on my temp and figured meh i can spoil my self ... it was too late he already sold it to another player , and the other guy who got med devines asked me if i got 60k he is willing to sell it plus my helm and i told him i got 40k he just left... ( ps they were cp 561 and magica based)

... i don't know this was the first time in a pug that ive seen people asking for money for items when i get items i don't need i post them all in the chat and if anybody wants it i give it to them , same with VO items i don't need.

"By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• BreacaT
    BreacaT
    ✭✭✭
    I always offer everything that is no use to me for free and have been surprised how often people say, 'what, for free?'.

On the flip side, I've been farming CoA1 for BSW since christmas and for since Jan I've been trying for divines breaches. Ran with a pug group last week and one of them got them and it was his first farming run. He didn't ask, but I offered 350K, but he wouldn't accept. Should have offered more as there is still no sign of them.
    Remember red = dead and a dead dd deals no dps.
  • Muramasa89
    Muramasa89
    ✭✭✭
    M1SH3LL3 wrote: »
    Why are people doing this? It makes zero sense to me.

They have something you want that you don't have. Is it really any different from getting an item drop from anywhere else and sticking it on a guild trader? That and so long as people are willing to pay, it enables their behaviour. I agree on principle but nothing can be done.
  • M1SH3LL3
    M1SH3LL3
    ✭✭✭
    Muramasa89 wrote: »

They have something you want that you don't have. Is it really any different from getting an item drop from anywhere else and sticking it on a guild trader?

But it is different from a regular item drop because it cannot be sold. I'm all for people making money from their RNG drops, that's how most of us make money. But dungeon items cannot be sold, so to not give it away is, imo, spiteful.
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    these are very lonely people and have zero social skills, anything i get in a dungeon that i don't need that's any good to anyone else, they can have it, if they have something i need i would expect the same gesture in return, if they start talking gold, i block them so i never have to cross there sorry paths again.
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • SlinkySlack
    SlinkySlack
    ✭✭✭
    I believe that housing also plays a vital roll here. Since announcement prices have steadily increased. People are starting to ask money for sillier things, like 10k for green ring?!?
    Since April2016 I've done trials and pledges every night. Vet pledges and normal trials. Never did no one ask monies. By December2016 it was quite common to see people trying to sell there loot.

From Jan2017 I've done Vet trials. Hel ra to be specific. There it was the norm, people only sell their loot, asking 100k for gold ring or necklace is average price. I NEVER BOUGHT ANYTHING, nor did I sell anything. I like to TRADE, swap. I'll give my gold VO ring for your IA gold ring. Not ONCE DID I MANAGE TO TRADE THIS WAY, people only want money even if they can not use their loot item. If I'm not going to use mine I'll offer it to you for free, some players give money while trading although I never asked them to. 2Hours after dungeon your item is bound and if useless to you, it becomes worthless as well. I have 7 gold rings and 2 necklaces of the eternal yokuda, only need 2R and 1N but NOT ONE OF MY BUILDS CAN USE THIS SET :( Space wasting GOLD items is the saddest thing I've seen in this game.

So on the rear occasion that you do get a person that only want to trade, we both have the same item, aaarrrggg.

^^^^^This would be fine if the player base doing this stayed small and successful, but by now everyone has heard or know someone that has done Vet Hel RA and want to as well. Don't get me wrong, it would be very nice if everyone can do this, but sadly not everyone can.
    Some have not even done normal mode, but sign up immediately for vet, because of the 12k gold reward and the gold jewelry. THEY SPOIL IT. Leave after 1st wipe and runs around like headless chickens.

Its got so bad that on Sunday 19Feb2017 I was in 7 groups that saw players leave and then recruit up to 10 times. I was with well over a hundred players that day for one trial.
    2 groups made 1st boss, after recruiting couple times broke up.
    3 groups made 2nd boss, same, recruiting many times then brake up.
    Only 2 groups made final boss, one spent like 5min fight, 1hour recruit, 5 min fight brake up. Sigh.
    Last group I told them ^^ this. Told them that we need to pass as I'm losing it (not anger, disappointment) .
    After couple of guild recruits we've passed, 13 hours I've spent to pass once, where I used to pass 2 a night.

So we discus a lot of things while recruiting and another player pointed out that sabotage also plays a roll. Wait what? Yes sabotage, player signs up, quit at 2nd boss, break dungeon mechanics, no one gets gold/title.
    I pointed out how useless it is to sabotage vet Hel ra. Most in group already have title. Its an easy Vet trial compared to the other ones.

Then it hit me, you do get those sort of people, the sabotaging snots.

I remember back in the day when I was still on my very 1st character and wanted vamp. So been fighting in the rift, hoping to get scratched, bite, anything that will turn me. It became quite clear that the guilds that sell vamp/werewolf bites organizes and stations players to quickly kill mobs that might give for free and thus controlling the market, these days bites aren't scarce any more. I totally forgot about that and so sabotaging trials is a possibility.
    I know that some Vet Mol groups ask in the millions to carry a player to get achievements.???

But the amazing thing was that the group that pass hel ra at last, were all the friendly type, some only asked minimal amounts to cover potions and gems used. One girl asked for ia ring, someone gave her his. I can do nothing with mine as I already have 2 of those, so gave her mine as well.
    6 weeks every night through fails and victories it took me to get my 2 ia rings, here she gets her 2 in one night, girls really are the luckier gender of the species ;)
    Anyway my point is, its ridiculous to sell for such high amounts.
    Its ridiculous if people sabotage.

I believe in teaching rather that kicking, making the very complained about community stronger and by doing so the trials/dungeons easier for all. PUGing will be fun for all someday and not just me.

Enjoy eso...
    FIN
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    BreacaT wrote: »
    I always offer everything that is no use to me for free [...]
    I'm still waiting for a run where 2 or all 3 want my item and start bidding.. B)

Until then I 'trade' everything for free and hope the spirit spreads!
    Some people give a "tip", but I'd never ask for it. Why should I charge for something that becomes absolutely worthless as soon as the group disbands?!?
    Edited by psxfloh on February 21, 2017 10:54AM
  • M1SH3LL3
    M1SH3LL3
    ✭✭✭
    I have 7 gold rings and 2 necklaces of the eternal yokuda, only need 2R and 1N but NOT ONE OF MY BUILDS CAN USE THIS SET :( Space wasting GOLD items is the saddest thing I've seen in this game.

Its got so bad that on Sunday 19Feb2017 I was in 7 groups that saw players leave and then recruit up to 10 times. I was with well over a hundred players that day for one trial.

I believe in teaching rather that kicking, making the very complained about community stronger and by doing so the trials/dungeons easier for all. PUGing will be fun for all someday and not just me.

1- I agree. Selling bound top level items to a regular merchant for 80 gold makes me sad. And unfortunately we don't have the bank space to hold on to them all.

2- I feel your pain for your experience on Sunday. I think the advice here is to join a good guild. Trials are no place for PUGs.

3- I think as long as we don't enable the exploiters by paying them (more than a 'tip') their behaviour may change.

... One can hope.
  • SimonSays89
    I think ZOS/Bethesda have forced this issue on themselves. Who in their right mind as a game dev said one day in the office
    'i know, lets make all the gear you pick up in dungeons only tradeable w/ the 3 other ppl in that dungeon, and while were at it, we'll drop the opposite of the set you want until you've ran the dungeon at least 10 times' - 'but we'll make activity finder better' another said, while rubbing his hands.

I dunno what drop system they are using, it can't be RNG because it feels like the game knows i don't want a stam set with dual wield bonus for my destro magika dk, but will drop it for me anyway.
    psxfloh wrote: »
    BreacaT wrote: »
    Why should I charge for something that becomes absolutely worthless as soon as the group disbands?!?

^^this is the (nirn)crux of it tho, ppl so salty about sharing. I was in a group with a guy who held his newly dropped resto ransom, but in the same group i had a guy who found out what i was farming and proceeded to trade it to me for free after every boss fight.
    "May your sword be sharp, and your tongue sharper!"
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I clearly see the point in these threads, but please guys, for the sake of the divines, join a guild with friendly players and dungeon-delving attitude, and you'll get your wanted items in no time for free. Please, do this, give up solo playstyle, do not be shy, find friends, create partnerships, and you'll see this game from a very different angle of view.
    Edited by SirCritical on February 21, 2017 12:25PM
  • De_Mysteriis
    While I clearly see the point in these threads, but please guys, for the sake of the divines, join a guild with friendly players and dungeon-delving attitude, and you'll get your wanted items in no time for free. Please, do this, give up solo playstyle, do not be shy, find friends, create partnerships, and you'll see this game from a very different angle of view.

I generally agree, but when you are farming a specific dungeon for a specific set and doing this for 5-10 times in a row, who of your guildmates is ready to do the same?
    PC|EU
    - Behold: the Staff of Magnus.
    What? What happened? Where is it?
    - You stupid, I've taken it just now.
    - By the shining trees of Aldmeris. We have been burgled. But how?
    That staff was an illusion. Where's the real one?
    - Oh... ok.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those who need some items from that dungeon also. Even from the same set. The guildmaster, who helps players achieving their goals. Sure, not for 5-10 times in a row, but if you demand this, accept the attitude of other players, as this is one kind of unusual activity. Do these runs not 10 times but twice a day, so you'll get more chance to find helpful individuals in-guild. Really, pls don't expect anything from PUG (while I'm really not against randoms) and you won't be disappointed. I've found lots of my friends and guildmates from random runs.
  • Muramasa89
    Muramasa89
    ✭✭✭

They have something you want that you don't have. Is it really any different from getting an item drop from anywhere else and sticking it on a guild trader?

But it is different from a regular item drop because it cannot be sold. I'm all for people making money from their RNG drops, that's how most of us make money. But dungeon items cannot be sold, so to not give it away is, imo, spiteful.

Except it isn't because it A) can be sold for what, 2 hours(?) to people in the group and B ) it's still the same scenario regardless of tradability as you want it and he has it. This also ignores that it can still be of value to someone even if they won't use it (deconstruct for example).
    Edited by Muramasa89 on February 22, 2017 3:03PM
  • M1SH3LL3
    M1SH3LL3
    ✭✭✭

Except it isn't because it A) can be sold for what, 2 hours(?) to people in the group and B ) it's still the same scenario regardless of tradability as you want it and he has it. This also ignores that it can still be of value to someone even if they won't use it (deconstruct for example).

It can be traded or sold to your group mates for 1 hour. If you read the thread you'll see that the point many of us are making is that its not very sportsman like to try and sell something that is of very little value.

Yes, it's always nice to decon purple items.. But if that's all you want it for I'll happily trade you a purple item in exchange.

Yes, I want a necklace, you have it and you don't want/need it. Let's say that you offer to sell it to me for 10k. Let's say I refuse. You're now only able to flog it to an npc vendor for 80 quid. Do you feel proud?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is much better to work these things out ahead of time. Tell them you are willing to pay X Amount for Y Item in Z Trait.

And, yes, a good piece with a desired trait could and should sell for 10K. That Sharpened Inferno Staff in a Set is not something that anyone should expect to be given to them. 10K is the figure I see for most Dungeon Farm Run requests, so that seems to be the market price for a desired item.

Different Rules apply to a guildmate or a friend, but a PUG Group Member, they are paying for it. Unless they have a shiny they want to trade for it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Muramasa89
    Muramasa89
    ✭✭✭
    It can be traded or sold to your group mates for 1 hour. If you read the thread you'll see that the point many of us are making is that its not very sportsman like to try and sell something that is of very little value.

Yes, it's always nice to decon purple items.. But if that's all you want it for I'll happily trade you a purple item in exchange.

Yes, I want a necklace, you have it and you don't want/need it. Let's say that you offer to sell it to me for 10k. Let's say I refuse. You're now only able to flog it to an npc vendor for 80 quid. Do you feel proud?

I've read the thread and I'm simply trying to explain why people do it. Whether you think it's sportsmanlike or not is your own concern, I don't find it unreasonable for a merchant as it were to sell goods they own. I don't know whether you're using the royal use of "you" in the last bit or are trying to attack my character, but in any event I don't run dungeons with people. I solo what I can given the mechanics.

[Should really proof-read at 4AM...]
    Edited by Muramasa89 on February 23, 2017 1:40PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always give away dungeon loot for free to group members.

If i can't use it, what's the point of keeping a soon to be bound item?
    confused24.gif
  • Ryuuhime
    Ryuuhime
    ✭✭✭
    I'll never forget being in a group with a player who vendored a sharpened lightning Aether staff because the highest someone in the group was willing to pay him for it was 100k. Just... speechless.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryuuhime wrote: »
    I'll never forget being in a group with a player who vendored a sharpened lightning Aether staff because the highest someone in the group was willing to pay him for it was 100k. Just... speechless.
    That really makes no sense what-so-ever ...
    screwy.gif

• RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had someone in a trial try and charge me 100,000g for a blue infallible aether ring I was going to trade him my dropped items and give him 10k which was very generous of me since I would never pay that much. He was a dumb kid for sure he told me he was going to sell it on the guild trader instead and my group told him that it's only tradable to the other 11 people in the trial so he got mad and left either way next trial I got what i needed so his loss.

I normally give my drops away for free unless 2 or more people want the item then it's different most of the time I just give it to whomever asked first.

people you can only sell that item to 4-11 other people in that group if you don't need it either trade there drops and a few k in gold or screw it wanna act stupid then you'll get nothing could have made some money then no money at all.
    Edited by RebornV3x on February 23, 2017 5:19AM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • M1SH3LL3
    M1SH3LL3
    ✭✭✭

I've read the thread and I'm simply trying to explain why people do it. Whether you think it's sportsmanlike or not is your own concern, I don't find it unreasonable for a merchant as it were to sell goods they own. I don't know whether you're using the royal use of "you" in the last bit or are trying to attack my character, but in any event I don't run dungeons with people. I solo what I can given the mechanics.

I was absolutely using the royal 'you' and in no way was attacking you personally, I can see that you're sort of playing devil's advocate. And I appreciate hearing your views. :blush: