Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Solar Flare morph question

BillK
BillK
For those that play a magicka Templar - what morph do you prefer for Solar Flare?

I like the idea of insta-cast on Solar Barrage but not the reduced damage - while Dark Flare is nice but having the longer cast time makes me wonder if I'd use it all that much. I could see me using Barrage a lot more with no cast time - but using Dark Flare as an opener would be nice too.

• Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    Dark flare is the most commonly taken morph as it can be used if you need to go ranged. i personally dont know anyone that uses Barrage as puncturing sweeps is just way to good in comparison. maybe if Barrage had a DoT element to it it would be a lot more viable
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

TinkerBell - Orc Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Aelin - Bosmer Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Prıncess - Dunmer - Mag NB - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Cher Lloyd - Dunmer - Sorc - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Luna Lovegøød - Dunmer - Templar - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Leíghton - Redguard - Stam DK - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dark Flare is very good for PvP with the major defile debuff, it also hits very hard, but it doesn't have much use for PvE because of the cast time. The cast time can also hurt in PvP, specifically against Sorcs using crushing shock, because they will interrupt it every time. I can't say anything about the other morphs usefulness in any situation because I've never used it.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Solar Barrage morph is useless, ignore it.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a one two combo with Impluse or Jabs for that matter, Solar Barrage can be a quite powerful combo with the buff on the second attack. Although I am not sure if all the Jabs get the 20% buff.

So, it really comes down to what other skills you use and if your the type wade into the mobs and fire off attacks or your a more ranged deliberate approach to the mobs.

But, remember, its not just a 20% buff, its a 25% buff with the Passives from the Class, and, throw in Entropy into the Rotation, you have a 45% buff. So, even if you have to use Impluse, your doing so at 145% damage. Ouch. Can't think of a better Public or Group Dungeon Trash Mob combo.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    In a one two combo with Impluse or Jabs for that matter, Solar Barrage can be a quite powerful combo with the buff on the second attack. Although I am not sure if all the Jabs get the 20% buff.

So, it really comes down to what other skills you use and if your the type wade into the mobs and fire off attacks or your a more ranged deliberate approach to the mobs.

But, remember, its not just a 20% buff, its a 25% buff with the Passives from the Class, and, throw in Entropy into the Rotation, you have a 45% buff. So, even if you have to use Impluse, your doing so at 145% damage. Ouch. Can't think of a better Public or Group Dungeon Trash Mob combo.
    None of the jabs get the 20% buff.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

The empower from barrage is a stright 20% damage increase and the minor(5%) and major(20%) sorcery you are talking about are spell damage increase. They are different buffs

Also the empower only works one of the targets if you have multiple in the area of your barrage.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on February 16, 2017 10:19AM