The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game progress deleted

SimonSays89
Hi, Im returning to ESO after a year out. I was plus member for nearly a year since game release, but decided to have a break as the game does get increasingly frustrating the more you play, I don't think I need to give any example.
I quested through Cadwells gold up to Rift or thereabouts, and now returning to the game it seems my progress has been shredded back down to the end of Deshaan?, I've had more than a few of my exploration achievements robbed off me, but I still have the dyes???
At first i thought...'Right game, I'm not letting your crap beat me this time' and proceeded to finish of Deshaan (despite already having completed it). I got to shadow fen, and carried on in the same vane, until i got to Hatching pools, i finished the quest, received my skill point, got my unique blue armour piece too, and was moved on to the next main quest. Although in Cadwells almanac, this is not ticked off.
So in summary. Not only have I had 2/3 regions of Cadwells gold progress deleted, and despite shutting up and re-doing it, i now cannot ever complete until ESO sort that quest out, which is taking them 3 days so far.
Their email:
'Due to the complicated nature of ESO’s questing system, Customer Support tools are limited and unable to manipulate all quests. Nor are we able to reset quests that have already been completed. The core design feature of ESO is “choice” requiring you, the player, to make choices in order to play your own way. As a result of that requirement and the complexity of our quests, Customer Support cannot edit past decision points in your quest log'
HELP!
"May your sword be sharp, and your tongue sharper!"
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange. Never heard of that happening. I took a big hiatus and only had one quest bug out across six characters. :/

I'd keep replying to your ticket. That email looks like an auto-reply meant to curb people asking to reset their quest because they made the wrong decision, which is not your issue at all. Keep replying until you get a person to look at it and give you a reply on you actual problem, which is you having quest progress reset and not being given credit for completed quests.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • SimonSays89
    UPDATE:

So, due to having 6 characters, i have possibly got a little mixed up with the progress of each, and how I got certain achievements.
    However, the Hatching Pools quest is still bugged, and not showing as complete in Cadwells Almanac, despite receiving skill point and the unique armour.

Thanks BlackSparrow for taking an interest, i will certainly take your advise and keep replying to the tickets.
    "May your sword be sharp, and your tongue sharper!"