The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Why?

heyjrey
heyjrey
✭✭✭
One thing that bothers be about the crown store is the simple fact that I can't preview things such as beards on my female toons, but I can wear dresses on my male toons. My main, (along with most of my other toons) are female, and whenever new items come into the crown store I like to preview them. But I can't preview the beards. Sometimes I just want a nice laugh you know? But because beards are gender locked and makeup and dresses aren't, I can't get that little pick me up.

And oh you people don't go saying "it will break immersion" because you know what?

I don't care :)
EP Home Faction CP: 800+
Vivec/Trueflame/Kaalgrontiid: Home Campaign
Delia Moreau - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
Sloppy Thirds* - Bosmer | Stamblade | PvP
Tazia Mouse-Chaser - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
Waterfalls - Altmer | Magsorc | PvP
Datwun Puffs Tuff - Argonian | Magplar | PvP Healer
Rotting Thot - Altmer | Magnecro | PvE Healer
Count ßlockula - Argonian | StamDK | PvE Tank
Jim Geezus Beam - Argonian | Magplar | PvE Healer

Red Nirn Reserve, Diswun's Wares, Welkynd, SOB (rip)

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if it's something to do with code/mesh design or it is just their choice to keep the game lore friendly (although I'll admit I don't know if TES has had bearded ladies before, wouldn't surprise me if it did).

I actually an kind of annoyed I can't preview any racial specific items without being on that race, I would love if it would give me a generic Argonian to show the item on rather than forcing me to make/log-in to an Argonian to see if I like how it looks.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • heyjrey
    heyjrey
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I wonder if it's something to do with code/mesh design or it is just their choice to keep the game lore friendly (although I'll admit I don't know if TES has had bearded ladies before, wouldn't surprise me if it did).

I actually an kind of annoyed I can't preview any racial specific items without being on that race, I would love if it would give me a generic Argonian to show the item on rather than forcing me to make/log-in to an Argonian to see if I like how it looks.

Yes! A million times yes! That would make life sooooo much easier.

Options
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    200w.gif

Seriously, we have enough male orcs in dresses. We don't need any women with beards. I will probably vomit.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
    Options
  • Gruntz_II
    Gruntz_II
    ✭✭✭
    Because.
    Options
  • heyjrey
    heyjrey
    ✭✭✭
    200w.gif

Seriously, we have enough male orcs in dresses. We don't need any women with beards. I will probably vomit.

lmao but I just wanna preview beards! also, the Michael Scott gif made this comment 1000x better

Options
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    heyjrey wrote: »
    One thing that bothers be about the crown store is the simple fact that I can't preview things such as beards on my female toons, but I can wear dresses on my male toons. My main, (along with most of my other toons) are female, and whenever new items come into the crown store I like to preview them. But I can't preview the beards. Sometimes I just want a nice laugh you know? But because beards are gender locked and makeup and dresses aren't, I can't get that little pick me up.

And oh you people don't go saying "it will break immersion" because you know what?

You will just have to wait until the DWARF RACE is added in a future expansion. Apparently, all genders look very much alike, so beards will be - not just the Order of the Hour - but the order of the day.

Before anyone says anything about Dwarves not being a part of TES lore, some sources report that the nuber of scrolls is 'unknowable' and that their number is constantly changing. Under these circumstances, anything is possible.

Patience is not just a card game, it is also a virtue. o:)
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of previewing them on a generic model of the appropriate race/gender.

It's annoying sometimes when I log in and see a new item in the crown store that in order to preview it I have to log out and switch to a character I didn't have any intention of playing that day. It would be much better if I could get an idea of what it looks like (beyond the icon) on any character I happen to be playing at the time.
    Tai-Chi wrote: »

You will just have to wait until the DWARF RACE is added in a future expansion. Apparently, all genders look very much alike, so beards will be - not just the Order of the Hour - but the order of the day.

Before anyone says anything about Dwarves not being a part of TES lore, some sources report that the nuber of scrolls is 'unknowable' and that their number is constantly changing. Under these circumstances, anything is possible.

Dwarves already are part of TES lore. They're also called dwemer or 'deep elves'. By the time of ESO they're long gone from the world but their cities and creations can be found all over Tamriel, from Stros M'kai to Vardenfell. The mainly lived in and around Morrowind so I expect we'll see a lot more of their stuff in the upcoming expansion.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I like the idea of previewing them on a generic model of the appropriate race/gender.

It's annoying sometimes when I log in and see a new item in the crown store that in order to preview it I have to log out and switch to a character I didn't have any intention of playing that day. It would be much better if I could get an idea of what it looks like (beyond the icon) on any character I happen to be playing at the time.

Dwarves already are part of TES lore. They're also called dwemer or 'deep elves'. By the time of ESO they're long gone from the world but their cities and creations can be found all over Tamriel, from Stros M'kai to Vardenfell. The mainly lived in and around Morrowind so I expect we'll see a lot more of their stuff in the upcoming expansion.

While we probably wont see dwemer themselves, as they all simultaneously disappeared from nirn at the same time, we may just meet one (or possibly a few others) who was in a different plane of existance at the time....
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
    Options
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

I agree @Danikat ; I meant to say "Dwarves not being a part of current TES lore" - ie in One Tamriel. Just because no one has reported a sighting of Dwemer (to our knowledge so far) they could very well be lurking around somewhere.

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
    Options
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ayyyyy lmao
    Options
  • Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, eyelashes and most of the earrings/piercings are not usable by male characters, and we have female characters in orc robes and wedding suit too.
    PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    |vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
    My characters:
    <List of characters that no one cares to know with their classes and roles>

"Inspirational quote"
    Options