The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Declining duels. Can people take "no" for an answer?

LuminaLilly
LuminaLilly
✭✭✭✭
I occasionally duel. I primarily duel friends only. Anyway, I pass by the outskirts of mournhold to drop off or pick up undaunted quests, people invite me to duels, I decline because I'm in the middle of something. Some then follow me around and do the laugh emote, teabag nesr me, or say stuff like " cmon duel me so I can pack you up"

Another time was when I dueled my CP300 friend in front of people. When I'd beat him people would then invite me, to which I decline, then they say stuff like " you duel a cp300 why u no duel me" stuff then go on and on about it.

Sheesh there's over a million active players on eso, do duel one of em. But many get mad when I decline them.
  • Xerton
    Xerton
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what's the point? People online can be a pain in the a***?
    Now that's new!
    CP 810+
    PC - EU - DC

Officer of DRUCKWELLE (druckwelle-hq.de)
    Proud Member of Aquila Raiders - Raidgroup Hydra

~ Dro-m'Athra Destroyer ~
    ~ Flaweless Conqueror ~

vMoL HM (Nuke); vSO HM; vHRC HM; vAA HM; vDSA - cleared
    vMSA - cleared on all classes mag+stam
  • LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xerton wrote: »
    So what's the point? People online can be a pain in the a***?
    Now that's new!

Haha lol I guess. Just one of those things that make you go " my gosh"
    Edited by LuminaLilly on February 15, 2017 12:59PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless planning to duel, auto decline always on.

If people try to taunt me, remember I have seen far more original smack in EVE Online local chat and walk away doing what I was doing smug in my knowing they didn't get and "fun" as I didn't answer/take note at all.

*Edit

Or just for fun accept the duel but before it starts strip all your clothes and gear and do nothing (no skills) but punch the person. Then when they win their only bragging rights are they're able to beat ungeared/no skill usage characters.
    Edited by Turelus on February 15, 2017 1:08PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after one did it to a lowbie on me on an anomaly in craglorn, right before fight started he trow a duel invite, I thought it was a group invite, so I didn't hesitate to accept....

he killed my lowbie butt :D

Learned the hard way for sure :D
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

take that for an answer!
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Unless planning to duel, auto decline always on.

Wait...there's an auto-decline? Why doesn't this default to "on?"

• dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive dueled at the Wayrest dueling spot quite often and I haven't seen this kind of immaturity. If someone declines an invite, I move on and don't bother them again. That's what I see most people do. Sorry you had a run in with some immature people OP.