Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Crafting Writs

MissCurlyWurly
I have to create a greater glyph of magika, if i upgrade the quality and send it to the alliance depot like do i have a chance of getting anything better in the pack?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, the quality of the items doesn't change the rewards. Just use Ta's for these.
    Edited by Turelus on February 15, 2017 10:55AM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • MissCurlyWurly
    What about for woodworking,blacksmithing and clothing?
  • MissCurlyWurly
    If i put traits on weapons and apparel
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same for them, the rewards are all RNG based so you can just craft white no trait items (any style you like) and you'll get the same chances at rewards each time.

If you're doing a Master Writ however it will specifically ask for quality/trait/style (crafting better won't work) and the rewards are fixed numbers of writ vouchers.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • MissCurlyWurly
    Lol no I play on console, still waiting for those master writs and homestead! But thank you for your reply!
    Turelus wrote: »

Same for them, the rewards are all RNG based so you can just craft white no trait items (any style you like) and you'll get the same chances at rewards each time.

If you're doing a Master Writ however it will specifically ask for quality/trait/style (crafting better won't work) and the rewards are fixed numbers of writ vouchers.

No lol, I play on console. Still waiting for those master writs and homestead but thank you for your reply.
  • MissCurlyWurly
    Lol no I play on console, still waiting for those master writs and homestead! But thank you for your reply!

No lol, I play on console. Still waiting for those master writs and homestead but thank you for your reply.

What are writ vouchers for?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're used to buy items from a new NPC located in each faction capital. The NPC sells the Ebon Armour style book (and pages) as well as some furnishing items.

Full information can be found here, including some screenshots of what the NPC sells.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2017/02/homestead-master-crafting-writs/
  • MissCurlyWurly

They're used to buy items from a new NPC located in each faction capital. The NPC sells the Ebon Armour style book (and pages) as well as some furnishing items.

Full information can be found here, including some screenshots of what the NPC sells.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2017/02/homestead-master-crafting-writs/

Thank you so much for answering my questing and helping me!
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not positive with putting traits on cloth/wood/blacksmith items, but I know that if you use anything other than Ta, the glyph you make won't even register as completing your writ, and cannot be turned in.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reivax wrote: »
    I am not positive with putting traits on cloth/wood/blacksmith items, but I know that if you use anything other than Ta, the glyph you make won't even register as completing your writ, and cannot be turned in.

I believe it is the same for clothing/woodworking/blacksmithing - if you put a trait on it, it won't qualify for the writ. Just make the basic items for all writ requests - no traits or tempers, the lowest level (i.e. for tier 1, make level 1 items) and just Tas. No reason to do otherwise, as you're just using up mats that are unnecessary for completion and don't improve your chances of getting better items from the reward containers.

Incidentally, for the alchemy writs, as long as the name of the potion matches, it doesn't matter if there are additional effects in the potion. I've made Potions of Magicka that have extra effects because I wanted to use ingredients that I had more of.

Edited for spelling.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 15, 2017 10:53PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Reivax wrote: »

I believe it is the same for clothing/woodworking/blacksmithing - if you put a trait on it, it won't qualify for the writ. Just make the basic items for all writ requests - no traits or tempers, the lowest level (i.e. for tier 1, make level 1 items) and just Tas. No reason to do otherwise, as you're just using up mats that are unnecessary for completion and don't improve your chances of getting better items from the reward containers.

Incidentally, for the alchemy writs, as long as the name of the potion matches, it doesn't matter if there are additional effects in the potion. I've made Potions of Magicka that have extra effects because I wanted to use ingredients that I had more of.

Edited for spelling.

As a long time crafter, just verifying the info above is accurate. Only base levels work for writs. Rewards are RNG, period.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)