Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Crafting Writs - Getting lower material-Writs than i should

Genitor
Genitor
Soul Shriven
Hi guys! I ran into a strange problem with my crafting Writs.

I am lvl 50 CP 32 and i have 6 in woodworking (birch wood). But i still get yew-wood-crafting writs (lvl 46-50, 5th material in woodworking).

I had to beg for yew-wood in guild (and i hate to beg) but sadly its hard to get for me now since yew-wood is not exactly the top-trading good.

Its sadly the same for blacksmithing and clothing.

Is this a known bug or a "strange" game design and what can i do about it?
Right now i need to stop doing my daylie writs because otherwise my gametime is going to be consumed by running from trader to trader and begging for materials in chat(s).

I'd be grateful for any help

thx
  • Genitor
    Genitor
    Soul Shriven
    A guy of my guild was actually able to help me out with my problem (because he had the same problem before and even respeced just because of this).
    This resulting in me giving a bit of a rant here:

The game refused to upgrade my writs accordingly because i havent been to "The hollow City" which would have been my next delivery spot.

ZOS... seriously. If you do feel like sending ppl from city to city to do their crafting Writs, at least tell them beforehand!

I was already pissed off by this game design choice when i upgraded to rank 1 material passives only to find out that i had to run from mid-Glenumbra all the way to stormhaven (and then findind out that i would have to run all the way throw stormhaven too to get to Wayrest) at like 1 am with a workday already looming ahead. (since i was farming for materials for 2 hours only to be able to finish my writs (because i picked the perk at lvl 14, resulting me in being unable to get the materials required for quite some time) i really didnt feel like giving it up on the home stretches; yes...i take my writs seriously)

But this is nothing compared to the hollow-city-thing. I fail to comprehend how a sapient being made the decision to, basically lock up the crafting-ystem with the start of Championlevels and hide the key by tying the crafting to the mainquest (which seemingly has absolutely nothing to do with crafting-writs whatsoever) without mentioning anywhere.... incredible.

This *** cost me quite some nerves, time and gold (since i had to buy materials i wasnt able to harvest) and kept me from crafting and it could have been easily avoided by just adding a textmessage to the materialperk.
    eg.: RANK 5 - YEW Wood (Writlocation: Bangkorai) => RANK 6 - Birch Wood (Writlocation: hollow City (needs to get unlocked via mainquest)... voila! Problem solved! Easy

or even better: let us just finish our writs in any city we want. Thats more convinient, less confusing and it also makes a lot more sense (having the blacksmith acting as a courier instead of just having the blacksmith bring his goods to a courier is already quite insane to begin with)

I sometimes wonder if ZOS truely is a scientific, government-sponsored mental-torture-Project. If so you are doing a really good job. I never experienced so much hatelove for anything in my entire life before than for TESO (due to "strange" game design)
    Edited by Genitor on February 18, 2017 12:58AM