Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Homesteads: How does the align work?

Tapio75
Tapio75
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello :)

I was thinking about this align thing when im placing furniture. How is this thing supposed to work?

For example, i have a wall lantern, that i assumed will align to wall where i want it when i press "Align", nut it does not, it goes all the wrong way like its wanting to be attached to ceiling even while its wall lantern.

How do i use the "Align" tool in house editor?
>>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • treki1
    treki1
    Soul Shriven
    Hi there,

All align does is make your item align to the surface you are putting it on to.. for instance...aligning a table to the floor will make it stand up normally..legs on the floor....if you put it on a wall and align it..it will put the legs on the wall..so if you are putting a light on a wall it is already aligned for that surface or should be. If in doubt..hold the item to the surface you want and press align.

A bit long winded...sorry
    Edited by treki1 on February 15, 2017 5:54PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    treki1 wrote: »
    aligning a table to the floor will make it stand up normally..legs on the floor....if you put it on a wall and align it..it will put the legs on the wall..
    If you align your nightmare courser horse to a wall and then rotate it 180 degrees and push it into the wall you can have just the flaming hoofs stick out of the wall and use them as light fixtures.
    shades.gif
  • treki1
    treki1
    Soul Shriven
    That's the BEST use for that mount I have ever heard

JK :smiley: