The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Public dungeon Full of people

teladoy
teladoy
✭✭✭✭✭
Since weeks i'm in the Public Dungeon of Rivenspire trying to get a Necropotence one hand sword/ dagger with sharpened trait and the last weeks i've noticed a large increase of players to the point to whenever i move inside of the dungeon all mobs, boses, everything is empty and taken. The only option is stay in one spot and try to control the boses who are nearby.

Is very frustrating how the grinding system to get a set has become really a bad experience overall. The drop rates are not so bad as when you get an item with a stupid trait, so at least, it should be nice grind without have to run desperate from one point to another to kill a boss before a bunch of players do it in 1 second.

Is this intended by zos or is something they have in mind to review?
Edited by teladoy on February 14, 2017 3:22PM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a desired set so of course people are going to be in there trying to get it just like you are. It's intended.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a... public dungeon. Of course there will be other people in it.

You can kill world bosses and delve bosses for this loot too. Small chance for weapons at dolmens also

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • sumisu1
    sumisu1
    ✭✭✭
    they are always crowded there, plus its a good spot for heavy sack farming… boom :D
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this thread to Dungeons, Trials & Arenas
    Staff Post
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm probably in the minority....but this is why I dislike public dungeons.

Some guy in town tells you there are these caverns that have been shunned for a hundred years no one dares go there but rumor has it a great magical sword is hidden within.

You get there and there's sixty people bunny hopping through the caves and some dude selling T-shirts at the entrance. :|

This is why I think more of these dungeons should be instanced.
    Edited by Balamoor on February 14, 2017 3:29PM
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balamoor wrote: »
    Yeah I'm probably in the minority....but this is why I dislike public dungeons.

Some guy in town tells you there are these caverns that have been shunned for a hundred years no one dares go there but rumor has it a great magical sword is hidden within.

You get there and there's sixty people bunny hopping through the caves and some dude selling T-shirts at the entrance. :|

This is why I think more of these dungeons should be instanced.

Yeah bunch of players characters that heard the exact same thing as hence why it is populated.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

You can kill world bosses and delve bosses for this loot too. Small chance for weapons at dolmens also

@Sigtric You fib. No chance for weapons at dolmens.. dolmens are jewelry. Weapons at World Bosses ;)
    Edited by MissBizz on February 14, 2017 3:35PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

@Sigtric You fib. No chance for weapons at dolmens.. dolmens are jewelry. Weapons at World Bosses ;)

Except for all the sun daggers I've looted at stonefalls dolmens

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt

I do miss the days when the Rivenspire Public Dungeon was empty. But I have not had issues getting all the bosses on the last two characters I took through there. One just ran the dungeon in big loop and got all the bosses and the quest done in one lap. The last one I took through I had to spend some time backtracking.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Baconfat79
    Baconfat79
    ✭✭✭✭

No...weapons DO NOT drop from Dolmens.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconfat79 wrote: »

No...weapons DO NOT drop from Dolmens.

Except that's where I got my sharpened sun dagger

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All of the dungeons are over run with players hunting gear and more likely furnishing plans for crafting. Certain dungeons are more crowded because they have more urns, backpacks, desks, etc that drop housing mats and plans. It's a bit annoying but we'll just have to live with it in this new T1 age. Personally this one still likes T1 despite the over crowding at inconvenient times.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Weapons are dropping from the Dolmen Bosses, not the Chests. Just like World or Dungeon Bosses can drop Weapons, so can Dolmen Bosses.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The Weapons are dropping from the Dolmen Bosses, not the Chests. Just like World or Dungeon Bosses can drop Weapons, so can Dolmen Bosses.

That's what happened.

I've also gotten overland set weapons from regular trash mobs before, so farming anything is plausible.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people is very smart here. I know the meaning of public dungeons, but there has to be a maximum of people at the same time in. Right now is like take a train in China...
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Set weapons can drop from enemies at Dolmens just like they can drop from any enemy in the zone -- it's just that, as for regular enemies, it's a very small chance.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teladoy wrote: »
    Since weeks i'm in the Public Dungeon of Rivenspire trying to get a Necropotence one hand sword/ dagger with sharpened trait and the last weeks i've noticed a large increase of players to the point to whenever i move inside of the dungeon all mobs, boses, everything is empty and taken. The only option is stay in one spot and try to control the boses who are nearby.

Is very frustrating how the grinding system to get a set has become really a bad experience overall. The drop rates are not so bad as when you get an item with a stupid trait, so at least, it should be nice grind without have to run desperate from one point to another to kill a boss before a bunch of players do it in 1 second.

Is this intended by zos or is something they have in mind to review?

Somebody made a Mag Sorc Pet Build Video and it got even more popular with the Pet buff.

It's a new Meta, lol

I understand the frustration with the grind system. I just took a two month break after 1T was released because every single Dolmen, WB, Dungeon and Delve had throngs of people just waiting for them to respawn.

But you kind of did pick to make a pet build right at the wrong time.

The only thing you can really do is on of two things:
    If you are a good NB or Sorc you can find the mob of players and get ahead of it. (Sorc and NB can pass through the trash mobs more easily than DK and Templars)
    If you aren't really good or have a DK or Templar you have to follow the mob of players and hope you get a few shots in before they kill the boss in 5 seconds.

• teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need a Necropotence sword or dagger with sharpened trait. I play in EU PC , please contact me if anyone has one that wants to sell.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the dungeons are over run with players hunting gear and more likely furnishing plans for crafting. Certain dungeons are more crowded because they have more urns, backpacks, desks, etc that drop housing mats and plans. It's a bit annoying but we'll just have to live with it in this new T1 age. Personally this one still likes T1 despite the over crowding at inconvenient times.
    Without 1T all the high level players would be in a couple of zones, making them even more crowded.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you think some are people looking to hoard Pet related armor, for oh I don't know...MORROWIND and maybe a new Pet class especially if you have a Guild store or sell on one? Warden... I cannot believe no one mentioned it.