Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Why not apply new crafting model from furnishings to regular crafting?

Negwereth
Negwereth
✭✭✭
I mean, it looks more logical to use different mats in different proportions to create things. It would be great to see if crafting recipes are arranged with appearance of items.
FE, simple nord shield have an metal items on but requires wood only. More to say — a lot of shields looks like full-metal items but still requires only wood.
I think that using all materials for creating items would make crafting more interesting.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure that more complex offers a better gaming experience. If I want to swap my Hundings dual wield sword out for a shield, I already need to make sure I have the wood...style mat I want...trait stones...tempers. If I have to round up additional materials, I'm either a vet player who has all this junk anyway, in which case it would just be an additional material sink, or I'm a newer player who is now forced to farm instead of play what I want.

Homesteading should be a good approach to mats in the game. As vanity items, zos can use furnishing to destroy excess materials in the game without impeding play. But if zos added extra layers to armor creation, I think they'd get some significant negative potty-mouthed commentary, lol.