Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Price of Gold mats since Homestead

llSRRll
llSRRll
✭✭✭
Was curious as to what the price of gold mats has done on PC since homestead dropped? On console gold mats are pretty cheap right now so was wondering if it would be smart to buy now or since everyone is doing crafting writs will the prices drop more?
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I havent noticed much of a difference
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't notice much difference either, there wasn't really a change in meta to make massive demands for new sets so demand is about the same.

It might have gone down a little due to the number of nodes being farmed for crafting materials.

If you're looking for money post Homestead when it goes live on Consoles go learn where/how to farm Blueprints and do that for the first week, sell everything you find before the market on them crashes.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • j.j.hillsaveryb16_ESO
    I am finding that the gold mats as you call them are in my rewards for completing the daily crafting writs practically everyday.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will drop eventually, homestead is a big sink of gold, it will deflate the market a lot.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first, pretty much every Master Writ required Gold Mats. However outcry was such on the PTS that most of the Master Writs require Purple Items to be made. So, Gold Temper Pricing is not affected as much folks, including me, originally thought. The price has creeped up a little, but not anything that I would say is a trend.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a seller of excess gold tempers, I've personally seen about a 10-20% drop in gold mats prices since Homestead. I've had to pull and relist temp alloys and dreugh wax lower each week just to get them to sell on my guilds' vendors in Mournhold and Rawk. Big demand just isn't there imo. Not sure why this is - maybe because more folks are harvesting and refining or running the highest level writs and getting more tempers in return. Also, Homestead is eating up excess gold supply as it's a huge gold sink. I don't expect prices to go up much from here until Morrowind and the next round of regearing.
    Edited by BergisMacBride on February 14, 2017 11:42PM
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple. A LOT more people are doing writs and farming new raw mats, which generate quite a lot of gold mats.
    Gold price has dropped a little, but not substantially due to the current increase in supply. I would expect this trend to continue to increase when more people get enough furniture plans to get serious about decorating their homes.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have steadily dropped across the board. Not by a lot, but they are down probably 300-500 gold each.

A few things probably are leading to this. First, people always buy up mats before patch time to sell them on patch day. Second, more people are doing writs. Third, not positive about this, but it feels like they have upped the drop rate a bit from writs. Fourth, there is really no new gear this patch, so there isnt much of a scramble from that standpoint. Fifth, more people farming nodes for furnishing mats. Yes some of the big master writs require these, but I dont think that is having the impact some people thought it would.

Personally, I havent used a single gold mat since patch day which is almost unheard of in the week following new content.

Edit: as others have mentioned, the gold sink in homestead is very real. This will probably tend to cause some deflation (opposite of inflation) which would actually increase the value of the currency, thus making everything a little cheaper.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on February 15, 2017 9:13PM
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    Thx everyone I appreciate your feedback.