The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crafted Bookcases and books - watch out if u plan on combining the two

Artemiisia
Artemiisia
✭✭✭✭✭
So I just crafted this awesome Breton Bookcase Knotwork

Breton-Bookcase-Knotwork.jpg

and bought 3 book containers, with lore books inside, from merchant inside sanctum, and was looking so forward to putting them in the bookcase, lots of issues with this, have no idea why this werent said in pts.
  • putting the books on the shelves, are painful
  • the book are bigger then the height of the shelves
  • once you put them in, you wont be able to press E and read them anyways

I have four books laying on top of a counter and those I can press E easily on

so whats the point in being able to buy books, and craft bookcases, when they dont freaking fit together!!!!!
Edited by Artemiisia on February 13, 2017 8:07PM
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    it Was said on the pts actually, least I remember several post about it, with screenshot too :/
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great, and they just didnt care about it..... im happy I didnt go nutz and buy all the lore books the merchant had to offer
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not to mention how much space it takes up in house's inventory.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bookshelves should be a container you press E to open and add/remove books from an inventory list.

The size of the bookshelf should determine how many books it can hold. When it is full, a "full bookcase" model displays.

As it is, these aren't book shelves, these are tiered tables.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't understand why this hasn't been addressed. I was really looking forward to having a few bookcases crammed with reading material.

Do any of the books fit vertically?
    Edited by menedhyn on February 13, 2017 9:06PM
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got a few books to work, it just took forever and, obviously, the books don't actually fit on the lower shelves when standing up. All these books can be interacted with though.
    C4kAQGmVcAAa2DP.jpg:large
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes I found this out the other day. Its quite annoying. We really need a way to place multiple items. And pick up multiples.
    Its very annoying if you decide to move a table or shelf that already has things placed on it.

I managed to get my Werewolf/Hircine library working fine, but it took a while. I realised that I could read the books fine in 1st person view, but in 3rd I couldn't read some, because it causes your character to move forwards a little, and there's little trinkets on the shrine that were blocking the path by a few inches. So you have to fiddle around moving things, but eventually you can read all your placed books.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!