The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP Killboard via mechanics similar to TamrielTradeCentre: is such a thing possible?

LadyLavina
LadyLavina
✭✭✭✭✭
I've had an idea in my head for a while for a site for eso similar to Eve Online's zKillboard.

I know TamrielTradeCentre utilizes an in game add on written in lua that compiles data that a desktop application written in c# somehow uploads here https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade. The site is hosted by Azure and the server code is written in asp.net/mvc & c#/razor w/ sql optimization as well of course. I pulled the desktop client apart via dotpeek but I'm not familiar with the languages involved.

I'm wondering how feasible it would be to create something similar that logged pvp kills via an add on , sent those kills to a client, and uploaded the recorded kills to a site in a way similar to zKillboard. My vision is to have it show the victim, who got the final blow, the alliances of both parties involved, and if it occurs in IC, perhaps the district it happened in.

I'm only a Junior Dev knowledgeable in html/css/js with some experience with ajax/mongoDB/postgresql, so I'm at a disadvantage here. I'm just wondering whether the community thinks such a thing is possible and whether it would even get used by the average joe. I know nothing about lua, asp, or c# so I apologize if this idea is far fetched and impossible. I've just been sitting on the thought for a while and thought I'd say something.
PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • Theodor
    Theodor
    Soul Shriven
    What the TamrielTradeCentre addon does is to gather the data ingame and then save it to a text file (SavedVariables\TamrielTradeCenter.lua).

Then the client reads the data from the text file and sends it to the server.

There are already addons that display pvp stats ingame (e.g KillCounter), so gathering the data should be possible.
    All addons can save data to a file (How_do_I_save_settings_on_the_local_machine).

I may not know much about client/servers but i am sure it is possible to read data from a text file and then send it to a server. So overall this should be feasible.

p.s: Since the data is saved to a file and then read by the client (rather than being directly sent from the game to the client), it should be possible for people to falsify their data.
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theodor wrote: »
    What the TamrielTradeCentre addon does is to gather the data ingame and then save it to a text file (SavedVariables\TamrielTradeCenter.lua).

Then the client reads the data from the text file and sends it to the server.

There are already addons that display pvp stats ingame (e.g KillCounter), so gathering the data should be possible.
    All addons can save data to a file (How_do_I_save_settings_on_the_local_machine).

I may not know much about client/servers but i am sure it is possible to read data from a text file and then send it to a server. So overall this should be feasible.

p.s: Since the data is saved to a file and then read by the client (rather than being directly sent from the game to the client), it should be possible for people to falsify their data.

Really great response ! :smiley:

Yeah the issue of falsifying data was something I thought about as well. Not sure if or how that could be prevented while still having everything be functional.
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer