Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Is it intended that people can buy Furnishing items from the Furnisher then resell them?

OMA
OMA
✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno

I just discovered today that people can buy things from the standard Furnisher Vendor and resell them at a steep profit in the guild stores. That green tea table, carved is sold for 250 gold at the furnisher vendor, then resold in guild stores in all of the major cities, in any number of guild stores for anywhere from 1,000 to 2,000 gold. This includes ALL items in that basic furnisher vendor, none of these items are bound and can be resold without having to know crafting for an usually huge profit margin.

Best Answer

• OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    Ok well I knew materials you could sell not, anyway guess it's normal then.
    Answer ✓
  • AoDD33pfri3d
    AoDD33pfri3d
    ✭✭✭
    They are probably trying to scam
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sold some plants and stuff for around 3k, I had no idea they could be bought in vendor. Prob this is why.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • IronMercer
    IronMercer
    ✭✭✭
    They are probably trying to scam

There's no scam here. I've been watching this go on since homestead launched and it is hilarious. If people are stupid and/or lazy, they get fleeced. There's nothing to fix for the game mechanics. Players just need to visit the vendors and buy at the original price instead of feeding the inflated guild machine. When that starts happening, those items will fade away. Simply play the game and explore even a little, those vendors are in every major city in game. Those that continue to just take the short road and not check before spending deserve to lose their gold.
    IRON MERCER
    >:) DESPERTA FERRO!! >:)

www.checksixgaming.com
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any chance the vendor items are also an item that can be crafted? That green tea table sounds like an item I crafted and sold. I wouldn't put something like this past zos.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • IronMercer
    IronMercer
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Any chance the vendor items are also an item that can be crafted? That green tea table sounds like an item I crafted and sold. I wouldn't put something like this past zos.

Probably can be but people are totally buying these for 250 and selling them for 1-2k on the market. I know people doing this. The quest for a house makes you go to these vendors to buy an item...there's no excuse for being stupid enough to buy them on the guild stores. People buying them anywhere but the main vendors deserve every lost coin.
    IRON MERCER
    >:) DESPERTA FERRO!! >:)

www.checksixgaming.com
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    We have a lot of NEW people playing because of Homestead and it's obviously a scam. If it was crafted and sold fair enough it would say crafted on it right? Being a jerk just because you can is not cool.
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    OMA, you can't actually tell if it is crafted or not, none of the things I've crafted actually say so. Regardless of the quality of the item.

When it comes to the vendor stuff, I wouldn't be surprise if some of it was possible to craft though so far the only white recipe's I found when looting are the ones which are sold by tailors, blacksmiths, grocers etc. So far not seen any recipe of the things sold at the standard furnishing vendor, but again.. I wouldn't be surprised if it did exist.

I have seen the wares up in the guildstores too, though I honestly expected it to be as that seem to be something which always happen, regardless of what it is about, when it is new or new'ish many people try to sell it to make a bit of in game money, while they can.

Not saying it is right, just that I don't think it will stop unless people don't buy those things, which won't happen until they realise that they can get them cheaper at the vendors.
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
  • Dhukath
    Dhukath
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this is homesteads' version of PVP.
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    Hoping for a Zos answer.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is no different from anyone else selling items over priced.

I could buy Obsidian for 15g and sell for 20g, it's on the buyer to know what they're buying.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game's own vendors do it... Go visit a weaponsmith. He gave you 27 gold for that white, trait-less rubedite back scratcher, now look - he's got it for sale in his shop at over 1,000 gold!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would anyone buy something on a Kiosk for more than they could buy it from a Furniture Vendor?

Also, just because something is listed at a price, does not mean it sells for that price. I bet those items expire if not get pulled from the guild store before it expires.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Why would anyone buy something on a Kiosk for more than they could buy it from a Furniture Vendor?

Also, just because something is listed at a price, does not mean it sells for that price. I bet those items expire if not get pulled from the guild store before it expires.
    According to the MM data you would lose that bet.

People are buying these marked up vendor furniture items right along with the resold patterns you can get from the vendors. Also some of the 15 gold vendor style stones are selling for 20 to some buyers on guild stores. Hopefully less frequently as time goes on.

But it seems some players are unaware you can buy the items at a NPC vendor.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Slurg

I hate to say it, but the blame for this lies on the player who buys them at the inflated price. While ZOS does not really announce you can buy furniture from a game vendor, the quest to get you your first house does send you to the furniture vendor.

I don't think ZOS needs to do anything but maybe put a blurb on the splash screens about buying furniture from NPCs
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMA wrote: »
    We have a lot of NEW people playing because of Homestead and it's obviously a scam. If it was crafted and sold fair enough it would say crafted on it right? Being a jerk just because you can is not cool.

What do you mean being a jerk? And why do you think only new people are buying this?

It's business, you pay more for convenience. Some people don't want to go to vendors, they want to buy their furniture while they are buying something else. And new players, actually, would find it at a vendor first. I see players in /z asking how to use guild traders all the time, but never - how to use a vendor.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    @Slurg

I hate to say it, but the blame for this lies on the player who buys them at the inflated price. While ZOS does not really announce you can buy furniture from a game vendor, the quest to get you your first house does send you to the furniture vendor.

I don't think ZOS needs to do anything but maybe put a blurb on the splash screens about buying furniture from NPCs
    There were some people reporting a bug that made the furniture vendor's inventory not show up, but sure, it is lack of paying attention for the most part. Newer players especially may be a little overwhelmed by all this and unable to keep track of the entire inventory of the NPC they interacted with one time for a quest.

I would prefer to see it listed on the tooltip if a furniture item is available from a NPC vendor. They have the origin of every item in my collections menu on the tooltip, after all. Sure maybe some people are just dumb, but others may just be ignorant.

Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also wondered why, the stuff I craft, dont have the label "crafted by name" on furniture

I like as a crafter, knowing someone out there is wearing the gear/weapons I make, would be great if this was also for furniture as well, knowing that my crafted tea table is in a house in reapers march, makes this game more "real-ish" RP way
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    You invest time into researching the game or paying those who did it instead of you.
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    also wondered why, the stuff I craft, dont have the label "crafted by name" on furniture

I like as a crafter, knowing someone out there is wearing the gear/weapons I make, would be great if this was also for furniture as well, knowing that my crafted tea table is in a house in reapers march, makes this game more "real-ish" RP way

Your right about that, other crafted items are noted that they are crafted and by whom. Now we don't know if the person that is selling the green tea table crafted it, which is to me worth a bit more, or just jacking up an easy to get cheap version of it. It's just bugging me that I can't tell the difference, of course I can buy the designs to make a plain burlap bag then sell it, but is that different than the plain burlap bag that the furnishing vendor sells? Technically no..
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as an update, I actually found a white blueprint (kitchen knife I think) in an urn last night, I am not sure if this is available from an NPC as well but it showed me they do drop in world (but less common than fine quality?).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This isn't always a deliberate thing thanks to the joys of MasterMerchant addon...

In the first week before I'd done anything to my own house I had no idea what was on sale at the vendors, I was browsing a guild store and saw a pack of basic stools that showed they were selling in my guild stores at 1k each over what this person was selling them for...

SO of course I bought them, and flipped them for 5k profit.

Then a few days later saw them in the in-game vendor for 100 gold each & chuckled.

GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are still buying the potency runes on guild stores, even though they are sold by enchanting vendors, everywhere.

People are still buying Cake Flour on guild stores even though Gulza sells it as a vendor in Hollow City.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »

I *think* the reason for this is that the furniture stacks. Things that stack won't retain the creator's name, like potions and food.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    This is no different from anyone else selling items over priced.

I could buy Obsidian for 15g and sell for 20g, it's on the buyer to know what they're buying.

Yeah...I've seen the basic trait stones that you can buy from the vendors for 100g or more each at some guild traders (esp. nickel) on XB. I don't know if they sell or not.
  • malicia
    malicia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Willing buyer, willing seller. This is simply free enterprise. The buyer is not force by any other than his own ignorance to buy at inflated prices. He's willing to pay the inflated price, so why should the seller lower his price?

The guild trading system is based on free enterprise. The alternative is for ZOS to fix prices, which will mean the end of the guild trading system.
    PC, EU
    Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
    Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
    @taciti
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    malicia wrote: »
    Willing buyer, willing seller. This is simply free enterprise. The buyer is not force by any other than his own ignorance to buy at inflated prices. He's willing to pay the inflated price, so why should the seller lower his price?

Free enterprise, yes. No one is forced to buy these things from a guild vendor. And the quest of getting a home sends each player to a furnishing vendor...

1 visit furnishing vendor and buy all the things you need
    2 visit guild vendor and buy the rest

Or wait a few weeks till the prices are dropping.

No need for ZOS to do anything since these prices are entirely player-driven. Free enterprise.