Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error 210 on a Mac -- anyone?

UrlikSkarsol
UrlikSkarsol
Soul Shriven
I know it's been discussed -- but I've read every post, googled extensively and still no luck getting into the game. The support is awful -- all they do is keep asking me if I still need help.
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    The PatchManifestError_DownloadFail error is usually the result of a corrupt or otherwise invalid manifest file for the launcher. This can be fixed by deleting the manifest file manually which will force the launcher to re-generate the manifest. Players can follow the steps below to locate and delete this file.
    1.Select Go on the Toolbar at the top
    2.Select the Applications folder
    3.Double-click on the Zenimax Online folder
    4.Right-click on the Launcher (it will have the ESO ouroboros icon) and select "Show package contents..."
    5.Open the Content folder
    6.Open the MacOS folder
    7.Find and delete the ProgramData folder

From there, restart the launcher. It should say "Creating Download" now which is completely normal. The Launcher will say that for anywhere between 21-30% after which it will switch to "Downloading game files".
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post
  • turnthrice
    turnthrice
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_PeterT wrote: »
    The PatchManifestError_DownloadFail error is usually the result of a corrupt or otherwise invalid manifest file for the launcher. This can be fixed by deleting the manifest file manually which will force the launcher to re-generate the manifest. Players can follow the steps below to locate and delete this file.
    1.Select Go on the Toolbar at the top
    2.Select the Applications folder
    3.Double-click on the Zenimax Online folder
    4.Right-click on the Launcher (it will have the ESO ouroboros icon) and select "Show package contents..."
    5.Open the Content folder
    6.Open the MacOS folder
    7.Find and delete the ProgramData folder

From there, restart the launcher. It should say "Creating Download" now which is completely normal. The Launcher will say that for anywhere between 21-30% after which it will switch to "Downloading game files".

Hi,

I am still having the same issues as UrlikSkarsol. I followed the steps you posted above, which were also sent to me by the support staff I got in contact with, and I had previously found on the troubleshooting page. After attempting this three times it still has not resolved the 210 error.

Here's a summary of everything I've tried so far:
    - all the steps on your Troubleshooting page (the same steps posted above)
    - ran the Game Consultant which froze at about 1/3 of the way in and needed to be closed using Force-Quit
    - I have run the Repair system which gets to 100%, seems to move to another stage (gives me notification that it is downloading), and then stops to tell me I again need the Patch Manifest file without getting past 0%.
    - disabled router firewall, and my computer firewall (re-enabled after confirming they were not the issue)
    - made sure ports on router were open (using port triggering)
    - downloaded the Patch Manifest file provided on the Windows troubleshooting forum and pasted it into the Program data folder (in Zenimax/launcher/contents/MacOS). When that didn't work I also pasted it into the parent directories, just to see if that would work (it did not)
    - Uninstalled and re-downloaded/installed - installation got to around 60% then gave the same 210 error message

I still encounter Error210 and have not been able to install the game. Any assistance you can provide would be helpful.

Thank you,
  • turnthrice
    turnthrice
    Soul Shriven
    I know it's been discussed -- but I've read every post, googled extensively and still no luck getting into the game. The support is awful -- all they do is keep asking me if I still need help.

I'm still encountering Error210. Here is an updated list of everything I've tried:

- Deleted the ProgramData folder
    - downloaded the Patch Manifest file provided on the Windows troubleshooting forum and pasted it into the Program data folder (in Zenimax/launcher/contents/MacOS). When that didn't work I also pasted it into the parent directories, just to see if that would work (it did not)

- I have disabled the Automatic Proxy configuration

- disabled router firewall, and my computer firewall (re-enabled after confirming they were not the issue)

- I downloaded the game in Safe Mode. This did not work either.
    - all the steps on your Troubleshooting page

- ran the Game Consultant which froze at about 1/3 of the way in and needed to be closed using Force-Quit

- I have run the Repair system which gets to 100%, seems to move to another stage (gives me notification that it is downloading), and then stops to tell me I again need the Patch Manifest file without getting past 0%.

- made sure ports on router were open (using port triggering)

- Uninstalled and re-downloaded/installed - installation got to around 60% then gave the same 210 error message

At this point, I can't help but feel like I should just ask for a refund, which is really disappointing.
  • rhinotollo
    Having the same issue. The above solution has not worked. Is there another solution?
  • jamesallanroth1
    jamesallanroth1
    Soul Shriven
    I too have attempted the same fixes and the 210 error message comes up every time. Only game I've purchased EVER that I had anywhere near this degree of frustration with.
  • O_ak
    O_ak
    Soul Shriven
    Use this launcher.
  • O_ak
    O_ak
    Soul Shriven
    This is the launcher i found in another topic and it worked for me
  • jamesallanroth1
    jamesallanroth1
    Soul Shriven
    I continue to have the same issue having followed these instructions to the letter 6 times now. Incredibly frustrating since the same error message comes up again after the "repair" is completed. You'd think that an issue of this magnitude would have been solved the first time it came up. Love playing Skyrim on my XBox 360 and so disappointed at the ridiculously difficult process of getting it up and running on my brand new Macbook.