Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Has anyone had furniture crafting materials from hirelings or surveys?

cyberjanet
cyberjanet
✭✭✭✭✭
The Craglorn surveys were always handy for a chance at a nirncrux. It seems that surveys don't offer an increased chance of furniture crafting materials. And my hirelings aren't trying very hard either. Anyone had anything? Or has Zenimax forgotten about it or left it out?
Edited by cyberjanet on February 12, 2017 4:44PM
Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • mimicks
    mimicks
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I know, surveys and hirelings are intended to not drop new furniture mats. Alchemy surveys were actually dropping new mats on the pts and but then that was reverted :/
    PC NA
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mimicks wrote: »
    As far as I know, surveys and hirelings are intended to not drop new furniture mats. Alchemy surveys were actually dropping new mats on the pts and but then that was reverted :/

This is correct as far as I know, though I don't understand the reasoning behind it
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is ridiculous. Why the heck would ZOS not allow the new components to drop on surveys????? Do they take some sort of sadistic delight in making people run around all day looking for these pointless new mats? Even nirncrux drops in Craglorn surveys. Maybe the goal is just to make players so frustrated that they just buy stuff from the crown store.
    Why did the Dunmer cross the road?
    Apparently to get stuck in an eternal load screen!
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drop rate on the live server is certainly very low. On the PTS I was getting about one gather in three giving me furniture materials. Now it's one in twenty if I'm lucky, and heartwood is really difficult to get: I got five nirncruxes in Craglorn before I found one heartwood. Sigh.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    cyberjanet wrote: »
    The drop rate on the live server is certainly very low. On the PTS I was getting about one gather in three giving me furniture materials. Now it's one in twenty if I'm lucky, and heartwood is really difficult to get: I got five nirncruxes in Craglorn before I found one heartwood. Sigh.

Surely the players on test were complaining about the reasonable drop rates and requested ZOS nerf them into oblivion. LOL!
    Why did the Dunmer cross the road?
    Apparently to get stuck in an eternal load screen!
  • Stormwalker
    Stormwalker
    Soul Shriven
    I hope they reverse the situation and allow a chance for furniture crafting materials to drop from hirelings and surveys. On another note they do drop from heavy sacks, this morning I got five clean pelts from a heavy sack.