Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Returning player, feeling lost.

Nephiah
Nephiah
✭✭
After seeing the update with player housing, something I LOVE, I decided to try the game again. I feel pretty lost in terms of my classes, and I was going to create a new character so I can relearn the game, settled on a Sorcerer. Is there a right and wrong build? Is there anything else I should really know before jumping back in? I do plan on resubbing soonish depending on how the game goes for me.
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I wouldn't worry so much about a right or wrong, aside for a few elitist most people in game (not the forums in game) are pretty laid back. I would get your bearings do a few quest figure out what you wan t o do in the game then whatever that is you can find a lot of good videos that cover your interest on Youtube, but honestly take it slow discover things for yourself the in game community is pretty welcoming, most of all have fun ESO is not SRS biz

Oh one word of advice take most everything you read on the forums especially the doom and gloom threads with a grain of salt...we have a handful with an agenda around here and to hear them tell it the game will be closing any day now.

Hope this helps

Edited by Balamoor on February 12, 2017 4:53AM
  • Nephiah
    Nephiah
    ✭✭
    Thanks =).

Also, if I delete characters, do I lose what they learned in Collections?

Like if one character learned the Nightmare horse, if I deleted that character would I lose the horse?

Sheesh...I don't even remember which toons earned what items ><!
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything in your collections is account wide. So you will not lose your nightmare horse if you deleted the character that purchased it.
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you should do is just experiment with each skill, get them to at least morph stage and decide from there whether you want to continue to use that skill or not.

It doesn't matter how you decide to play early on, its entirely up to you. You can watch videos online of sorcerer builds and use them to give you ideas for what you may want to do with your sorc.

Ultimately it comes down to what you want from the game, if you want to get into tough dungeons, you might want to watch tutorials on good dps builds for PvE. If you're more interested in PvP, you should do the same for good PvP builds for sorcs. Use these to help guide your decisions as you level up.

Join a social guild too, it's always more fun to play this game with friends.
  • Nephiah
    Nephiah
    ✭✭
    I do plan on trying to find a guild, and I mostly focus on PvE, I suck at anything PvP lol.

Another question is, I was looking at the crown store DLC tab, and some of the DLC comes with items, one comes with a mount.

If I had the subscription, doesn't that come with all DLC + the DLC items? Or do those have to be bought with crowns?
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A sub will give you access to the DLC locations but this does not include anything that may be in a bundle with the purchase of the DLC. There are items you can get from the DLC that come from just entering the zone or completing quests. Eg. The Jackal pet is given to you when you enter Abah's Landing in the Thieves Guild DLC zone.
  • Nephiah
    Nephiah
    ✭✭
    So they are obtainable in some way atleast. I don't mind that really, so long as I can obtain them somehow =)
  • Blazedont
    Blazedont
    ✭✭
    So they are obtainable in some way atleast. I don't mind that really, so long as I can obtain them somehow =)

i need a answer On this one to so can we get all the items from the dlc our just some when you have eso +
    Money is everything
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any item listed for a DLC that is obtainable from a quest, achievement or something like that can be acquired from having a sub and getting those quests, achievements or something like that complete.

If the DLC can be purchased with a bundle that comes with things like Experience Scrolls, a Special Mount or something like that will only come if you buy that particular bundle, and not from being a sub.

An example is that Orsinium did at least used to come in a bundle which included a Bear Mount, a Bear Cub vanity pet, and 5 Experience Scrolls. These would only be given to you when you bought the bundle.

Orsinium's content also included a bunch of obtainable stuff that you would be able to unlock from certain activities, such things like:
    • Three costumes, acquired from completing the museum's quest
    • Vosh Rak Mask that you would unlock partway through the main quest
    • King Kurogs costume at the end of the main questline
    • Two momentos, one from each public dungeon
    • Echalete vanity pet from entering Orsinium
    • Polymorph of Barron Who Moves Like A Smoking Plume

Probably some things I missed, but you get the point.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would at least look at some theory crafters just to get an idea of what some of the top builds are before you get too far. I think it depends on your goals of course, but if you plan on trying for some endgame content it can be annoying to realize that youre a bit crippled because of your race/class combo. It also helps to level up the weapon and armor type and skills youre likely going to use endgame.

Also, dont buy or repair any armor prior to level 50 (in case you didn't know). Save all your money. Level up your crafting along the way from drops in any and every category with a focus on what youre likely to use. It really is useful for endgame builds and not having to pay someone or track a 9 trait crafter down.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After seeing the update with player housing, something I LOVE, I decided to try the game again. I feel pretty lost in terms of my classes, and I was going to create a new character so I can relearn the game, settled on a Sorcerer. Is there a right and wrong build? Is there anything else I should really know before jumping back in? I do plan on resubbing soonish depending on how the game goes for me.
    I also returned to the game after my passion for Fallout 4 finally waned. Not much has changed in the game, aside from:
    -One Tamriel: you are no longer bound to the alliance lands of your character. You can go anywhere, at any time, which means you can now pick and choose the quests you want to do.

- The entire game now levels with you, and this means everything! No more going back to your "level 1" area only to see iron ore. Now the materials will scale to your level! Nice, ZoS! Caveat: you will not get access to them again, so if you intend to keep a stock, do so while you can.

- World bosses were given some serious roids and now will crush your puny character. Most will now spawn helpers, who aren't easily defeated. Definitely a game changer if you're used to going up against them solo!

- Some combat mechanics were changed, but nothing so drastic as to warrant a listing, but if you're used to playing a skill and you remember it being a bit different, this will be the reason.

- Armor traits were revamped, so you may want to revisit them.

- Enchanting finally received a much overdue overhaul and is now actually enjoyable to "grind". You will now get at least 2 runes of different types, with a 40%ish chance to get all three. They also level with you, making it easy to advance the skill. Long gone are the days of rushing about looking for the Meip stone to finish a writ! *gives a round to the ZoS crew.

- A few new DLC was released since your last play, so check them out if you haven't already.

Now for the very bad news: ZoS has gone insane by introducing Crown crates (takes back the round), which adds both a ridiculous level of RNG and a new level of "currency". Of course, the idea here is to grab as much cash from people as possible while guaranteeing nothing in return, but gullible people will always exist. Please do us all a favor and never, ever buy Crown crates.

I think that's about it for the changes as I've seen since I've returned. Most of the changes have been very positive, so it feels good to be back in Tamriel.

Enjoy your game! :)
    Edited by Violynne on February 14, 2017 9:28PM