The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

looking for some tips on fixing framerate/stuttering in trials/high populated areas

jpeter88
jpeter88
✭✭✭
I want to make sure that everything is good on my end before i blame the game. I do trials alot but its getting frustrating trying to compete in maw when i can barely tell what im doing.
i think its gotta be something on my end cuz other players that i run with have zero lag at all.

Here are some things that ive tried.

I just bought a asus rt-ac88u (basically best gaming router money can buy)
upgraded my net to 100mb/10mb up
im hardwired
reset mac address on xbox
deleted all games on xbox except eso so i am only using 20% memory
run adaptive QoS on router to make xbox top priority

I really dont know what else i can try. my xbox is pretty old could that have somethin to do with it? also would uninstalling then reinstalling the game work?

any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated, i really really enjoy this game but im at the point where hard mode trials are all thats left for me and pvp but neither is do able with the lag im getting.
561 Dark elf mDK
561 Redguard stam DK
561 Redguard stam sorc
561 khajiit stam nm
561 high elf mag nb
561 high elf mag sorc
561 bretan mag templar
561 imperial stam dk tank
561 imperial stam temp
  • jpeter88
    jpeter88
    ✭✭✭
    Would like to point out to narrow it down is one of the main things is coming out of the portals on AA ill lag horribly for the first 10 sec then everything seems to "catch" up and then its fine.

most other instances are just big add fights or lots of AoE on the ground. everything seems to be delayed .5 seconds and bar swaps sometimes dont happen. also the stutter going on makes it hard to see boss mechanics. to me it almost seems like my xbox is having a hard time loading it.

just wanna check with people before i go spend 400 bucks on a new xbox, was hoping to wait and just the xbox scorpion this fall :(
    561 Dark elf mDK
    561 Redguard stam DK
    561 Redguard stam sorc
    561 khajiit stam nm
    561 high elf mag nb
    561 high elf mag sorc
    561 bretan mag templar
    561 imperial stam dk tank
    561 imperial stam temp
  • mikeds83_ESO
    I was looking into this as well. I saw on youtube if hook external hard drive and ssd drive it will help this situation. I dont have the money but u maybe could look into that on youtube. Its not your xbox i can tell you that much.