Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

so, this is ***

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Last night I thought to myself "hey self, been a while, maybe we should spend some gold on one of these new style motifs, being that we're a master crafter and all, and the styles we know right now are getting old and lame."

So I checked out some guild trader stores and spent most of my hard earned gold on the motifs for the skin changer set. Sounded interesting.

Then I remember that each new motif needs some stupid new style material, and I facepalm like Homer Simpson, "doh!"

So I look up what style material is needed for skinchanger. Wolfsbane incense. 25,000 gold for like 4 of these wickers on any guild trader. Holy crap.

So I look online to see where I can go to farm some of these for myself. After all, it never took me very long to acumulate style mats for barbaric or primal or ancient elf, this shouldn't be any different, right? Boy was I wrong.

Apparently these materials were only available during some event that happened when I was in hiatus from the game. No wonder they're so expensive now.

Luckily I was able to sell most of the motif pages the same night and make back some gold, though not as much as I had spent.

I get that zos is getting steadily more greedy, but when the hell did they decide to add items to the game that essentially force you into buying from the crown store to use them? Without crown crafting stones or more gold than I've ever had in my eso career, there's no way to even use this motif.

Please stop doing stupid *** like this, zenimax. It's why I stopped playing a year ago, and I'd like to stick around this time. Cut back on microtransaction requirements a bit, mmkay?
PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weird, I have plenty of the wolfsbane incense. It's almost like ZoS was trying to give out a free badass motif.

You're right, greed confirmed. /s
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    The style material dropped quite well during the event, but after that I think the only way to get the material or make the style is to use the mimic stones :/
    Edited by Kazya on February 10, 2017 11:34PM
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All well and good except not all of us were there for the event =/
    PS4 / NA
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait about eleven more months and they should come around again.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Garwulf
    Garwulf
    ✭✭✭
    You've been ZoSed.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This didn't have anything to do with being Zosed. I don't what server the op is on but I can wolfsbane for 500g ea. The motifs pages are less then 500g ea. What sever and platform?

Seriously this was not some cs motif, and sorry you missed the event but there was plenty to be had without using mimic stones. Asking them to stop doing things like this is a little rediculas, it was a nice break from the everyday grind, came with a few recipes and and a motif. Did you miss the Halloween festival as well, if so you may not want to buy the hallow jack style.
    Edited by Stopnaggin on February 11, 2017 7:41PM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Na ps4, btw
    PS4 / NA
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry xbox na, or I could have given you some mats for the motifs.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    So I look up what style material is needed for skinchanger. Wolfsbane incense. 25,000 gold for like 4 of these wickers on any guild trader.
    Seriously? I have a whole stack of that stuff. Looks like it's time to sell some ...
    :smiley:
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    All well and good except not all of us were there for the event =/

That's... not ZOS fault at all.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your on pc na OP I can send you some,I haven't crafted a new set since wroth gar dropped
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The free motifs are a ploy to sell the Mimic stones in the crown store...all of the limited time material will run out eventually, if you want to craft it you'll have to buy mimic stones from the crown store.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The free motifs are a ploy to sell the Mimic stones in the crown store...all of the limited time material will run out eventually, if you want to craft it you'll have to buy mimic stones from the crown store.

My point exactly
    PS4 / NA