Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Macros for physically disabled players

jstans_ESO
jstans_ESO
✭✭✭
Hey quick question, one of my buddies from the Marines wants to play ESO the only problem is he lost a good bit of mobility in his hands from an IED in Iraq. Would there be a way for him to macro his attack combinations so that he could actually play the game or do you think he'd be banned for it? I don't want to tell him to get it if he'd just wind up getting banned for the simple reason that he can't physically play it like everyone else.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe they allow macros of any kind, I've seen paraplegics stream using only there mouth playing WoW. But yeah it does suck that people have diseases or something happen to them irl which stops them from doing what normal people can.

One being a really famous one in WoW Ken

Edited by Cpt_Teemo on February 10, 2017 9:10PM
  • jstans_ESO
    jstans_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    That's pretty cool but I really can't see him paying $1,500 just to be able to play ESO.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on his injuries getting a gamepad or an MMO mouse might help. It gives you a lot more buttons for your mouse hand, which allows you to spread your skills and things between both hands, while still having control over character movement and the camera.

They're more expensive than a basic mouse, but a lot cheaper than $1,500.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry about your friends injury . ZoS does not allow automated game play so if he was somehow caught he would be subject to possible displinary action . Although I have never heard of anyone discipline for macros to date either .
  • Cencewolf
    Cencewolf
    ✭✭✭
    i would never advocate that he invest in a untraceable G15 keyboard. That would be wrong, and cheating..

I would also have no idea how to begin hooking one up to say,.. A counsel system if not on PC,..

Also,.. Say no to drugs kids...
    Edited by Cencewolf on February 10, 2017 9:35PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly the reason they have such rules is to prevent exploitation. If a person has a genuine physical condition necessitating the use of special measures that would normally be prohibited then I can only suggest that a direct approach is made to ZOS before the measures are implemented setting out the full circumstances and providing such supporting documentation that they may reasonably require to enable them to consider flagging the account as permitting the use of such measures so long as no undue advantage is taken thereby. They don't have any reason to prevent disadvantaged people from playing their game, irrespective of whether the disadvantage arises from natural conditions or military service.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • jstans_ESO
    jstans_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Cencewolf wrote: »
    i would never advocate that he invest in a untraceable G15 keyboard. That would be wrong, and cheating..

I would also have no idea how to begin hooking one up to say,.. A counsel system if not on PC,..

Also,.. Say no to drugs kids...

You were making a lot of sense until that last part, lol.
  • jstans_ESO
    jstans_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Clearly the reason they have such rules is to prevent exploitation. If a person has a genuine physical condition necessitating the use of special measures that would normally be prohibited then I can only suggest that a direct approach is made to ZOS before the measures are implemented setting out the full circumstances and providing such supporting documentation that they may reasonably require to enable them to consider flagging the account as permitting the use of such measures so long as no undue advantage is taken thereby. They don't have any reason to prevent disadvantaged people from playing their game, irrespective of whether the disadvantage arises from natural conditions or military service.

Makes sense and I really can't see it being that big of a deal. He'd still have to hit a key, but would be able to set one key to do his main bar and one key to do his back bar. Hopefully someone from ESO will weigh in on it.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

^This. That's exactly what I would have suggested.
    Danikat wrote: »
    Depending on his injuries getting a gamepad or an MMO mouse might help. It gives you a lot more buttons for your mouse hand, which allows you to spread your skills and things between both hands, while still having control over character movement and the camera.

They're more expensive than a basic mouse, but a lot cheaper than $1,500.
    You're right, depending on the exact nature of his injuries this could help a lot. Conversely, depending on the exact nature of his injuries this might not help at all. Speaking for myself I use a gaming mouse with buttons on the side to be used with your thumb. Due to a recent nerve injury I've lost some of my feeling in my thumb (don't know yet if it will end up being permanent), and I'm finding it noticeably harder to use the right buttons these days, and my gameplay has suffered (not just for that reason, but it's part of it). But again, that's a matter of "depending on the injuries". One way or another it's very worth looking into.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still don't know how Ken does it, its amazing to be quite honest
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend is disabled too. He's a slow learner and not too bright. I'll tell him CE is for him, it will aid his disability and make it possible for him to play this game.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?