Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Making Money as a Master Crafter?

Rainwhisper
Rainwhisper
✭✭✭✭✭
I leveled up crafting mainly for my own amusement and for outfitting my own characters. I always had enough gold (200-300k) for the things that interested me.

Now, though, I really want to buy all the banners and statuary that my PvE achievements have unlocked. I clearly need to start taking advantage of being an 8-trait crafter with max skill in all of six crafting professions. I also have a ton of mats.

I have access to two excellent guild traders, and a couple months worth of Master Merchant data from them. But I still can't figure out what I should be making and selling. Legendary runes? Certain potions and poisons? Epic/Legendary set pieces?

Lacking a single auction house, I'm finding it all a little overwhelming. I would greatly appreciate any guidance about what typically sells well. I'm on PC, if that makes a difference.

Also, I do have Awesome Guild Store installed, which makes the interface somewhat more palatable, but I still find figuring out what's a good deal to be a huge pain.

Thanks!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asking guildies is always helpful ... though you can probably see for yourself what is in the guild store.

In addition, don't miss those opportunities to make cash in zone. There are quite a few new players needing training gear ... and quite a few expert players still catching up to master writs.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still many new players willing to pay 5-10k gold per item, not knowing real value of items and thus ready for being exploited. Sadly there are some not quite honest master crafters out there who demand too much, explaining that reason is "all this huge time spent on gathering motifs and learning". Ridiculous. Thanks God for the honest guild crafters who craft for free from others' mats, like myself.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, you shouldn't expect to get rich from crafting skills, with a few exceptions. The right potions will sell quickly, but if you have to buy the mats, there isn't much profit. Pre-fabricating set items is a crap shoot at best. You would have to have just the right piece someone needed, and they would have to find it in your guild kiosk.

The best thing to do right now is to find blue prints and either sell them, or learn them and sell furniture. I've earned about 100k making furniture and selling duplicate blueprints since Monday.

More big sellers right now are blue and purple recipes and just about every motif. Everyone is filling gaps to improve their chance of Master Writs. Also, Intricate items and top tier glyphs sell quickly. They don't sell for much, but I sell them almost as fast as I list them. As a master crafter I don't need them, and every one sold adds to my bottom line.
    Edited by Ourorboros on February 10, 2017 9:16PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Commish
    Commish
    ✭✭✭
    I know a lot of people say you can't make money crafting - all the money is in selling mats or farming for the latest hottest item that everyone wants.
    I disagree.

My first year playing I crafted level 16, 26 & 36 armor sets. I did the basic 2 trait sets like Ashen Grip, Nights Silence and Deaths Wind. I sold them for 8 - 12 times vendor price. I made them green, usually reinforced for armor and sharpened for weapons. And would put a basic enchant on them. All of the materials for this came from farming, stealing and deconing items.
    I sold a lot of that in the year and it helped me hit my first 1 million in gold.

I think new players liked being able to buy armor that was a good solid set, in a motif that they liked and were willing to pay a reasonable sum for it.
    At least it worked for me, and still does when I have the mind.
    Edited by Commish on February 11, 2017 2:47AM
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell Master Writs! I sold a smaller one for 500k and now I have a huge one up for sale and I'm asking several million. Probably won't get it, but you never know, there are a lot of rich players out there.
    Lethal zergling
  • mvffins
    mvffins
    ✭✭✭
    Purple 160 armor glyphs is your best bet for max profit for what you spend on mats by a longshot, pretty much 90% profit and they will sell within 6-24hrs depending on guild trader guarantee.

Gold glyphs will not sell as fast, and with kutas being at an awkward price it's a chaotic market for them atm

Hundings/Night mother set sells well, don't improve it with tempers though as that will lower profit in comparison to mats (Strangely Julianos doesn't), twin-star sells too

Alchemy honestly is not a lot of profit for the amount you spend on mats, and you really need your guild store in one of the capital cities in order to get someone to buy it

Provisioning same story as alchemy, you need to be in a major city, I haven't had much success with it but I know a few who have.

Psijic ambrosia is always needed.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mvffins - Are there specific runes you recommend I craft?

Thanks for the great guidance!
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I leveled up crafting mainly for my own amusement and for outfitting my own characters. I always had enough gold (200-300k) for the things that interested me.

Now, though, I really want to buy all the banners and statuary that my PvE achievements have unlocked. I clearly need to start taking advantage of being an 8-trait crafter with max skill in all of six crafting professions. I also have a ton of mats.

I have access to two excellent guild traders, and a couple months worth of Master Merchant data from them. But I still can't figure out what I should be making and selling. Legendary runes? Certain potions and poisons? Epic/Legendary set pieces?

Lacking a single auction house, I'm finding it all a little overwhelming. I would greatly appreciate any guidance about what typically sells well. I'm on PC, if that makes a difference.

Also, I do have Awesome Guild Store installed, which makes the interface somewhat more palatable, but I still find figuring out what's a good deal to be a huge pain.

Thanks!

there isnt much market for precrafted items. just message people looking for someone to craft for them.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)