The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Homestead] MagBlade – Magicka NB PvP Ganker

luckyluke92
luckyluke92
✭✭
UPDATE:

- 18/02/2017: Add Combo and Advice Video, in which i explain how to kill different targets with different combos!

Hi guys! I’m back with a really strong build for Magicka NB; this is a Solo Ganker Build, it can reach high amount of damage without using any proc set.

A normal Afternoon on TF :)
16835880_10212285546675040_6189999299794860881_o.jpg?oh=37349bfcb45cba9c062230a77f1ff70d&oe=593BA230

Video Build
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOe9DWaKrWk&t=39s

Gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHh52slOGlU

Combo & Advice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-1PDFxZt1I

Race:

– High Elf

– Dunmer

– Breton

Stats:

– Magicka: 42637

– Health: 19918

– Stamina: 14500

– Magicka Regen: 1558

– Spell Damage: 2897 unbuffed – 4300 buffed – Weapon Glyph 4900

– Spell Crit: 45.9%

– Critical Resistance: 1047

Food:

– Max Health and Max Magicka + Magicka Recovery

– Max Magicka + Magicka Recovery

Potion:

– Magicka + Spell Damage + detection

Gear: 5 light + 1 medium + 1 heavy

– Alchemist: 5 pieces, all divines, 5 pieces of armor (heavy chest, light other 4 pieces)

– Stygian: 5 pieces, Leg (medium – divines), 3 jewerely (with spell damage glyph), fire destro staff (sharpened) resto staff (defending)

– Kena: 1 piece of armor, Divine Light

Champion Ponts:

– Spell Erosion: 39

– Elemental Expert: 100

– Elfborn: 61

– Tumbling 27

– Arcanist: 75

– Magician: 98

– Quick Recovery: 22

- Bastion: 13

– Hardy: 60

– Elmental Defender: 60

– Resistance: 45

Skills:

Destro Bar:

– Swallow Soul

– Shadowy Disguise

– Impale

– Flame Reach

– Inner Light

– U: Soul Harvest

Resto Bar:

– Healing Ward

– Shadowy Disguise

– Merciless Resolve

– Concealed Weapon

– Rapid Manouver

– U: Soul Tether
Edited by luckyluke92 on February 26, 2017 1:46AM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really want Stygian to be good. But here's my worry about it: it's clearly for mag gankers, but has robust jewelry, meaning we lose a lot of magicka. The extra stam would be nice if we have to fight after a failed gank, but since we're in 5 light (with Divines no less), we're going to lose most of those fights anyway -- right?

Then again, you have 42k magicka anyway, so I guess I can do without the jewelry enchants.

Edit: you know, unless I am mistaken there is a Delve boss who drops a unique Arcane Stygian ring. Now that we can have multiple "unique" drops in our inventory, it's now possible to get two of those and have your neck be the only Robust piece. So that helps a little.
    Edited by casparian on February 10, 2017 7:39PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    I really want Stygian to be good. But here's my worry about it: it's clearly for mag gankers, but has robust jewelry, meaning we lose a lot of magicka. The extra stam would be nice if we have to fight after a failed gank, but since we're in 5 light (with Divines no less), we're going to lose most of those fights anyway -- right?

Then again, you have 42k magicka anyway, so I guess I can do without the jewelry enchants.

Edit: you know, unless I am mistaken there is a Delve boss who drops a unique Arcane Stygian ring. Now that we can have multiple "unique" drops in our inventory, it's now possible to get two of those and have your neck be the only Robust piece. So that helps a little.

even if its robust, enchant w spell damage?
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Whyn Aurum
    Whyn Aurum
    ✭✭✭
    Looks very interesting, I hardly see any dps magicka NB builds out there nowadays, definitely giving it a try. Thanks

By the way, which MUNDUS?

@casparian Which delve boss drops that?
    Edited by Whyn Aurum on February 11, 2017 4:43AM
  • luckyluke92
    luckyluke92
    ✭✭
    I think that in the video i explained why i like to have robusto on jewerely. The reason is because , after you kill 1 guy, normaly the others will look for you and attack you. With that more stamina you are able to do a break free if stunned, use speed buff and then a dodge before going in hide, this will really help you to avoid damage and run away to go back to hide. I know that there is the possibility to have blu arcane rings but I really need the extra stamina.

For the mundus I'm using shadow mundus to boost crit damage. And ofc we are using spell damage glyphs on jewerely, we are magicka and we need to stuck spell damage as much as we can!!!
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually got a really good laugh out of this build. Watching you nuke the crap out of people with a free attack? Absolutely priceless. I might just have to try it out for myself.

Getting that Stygian Inferno staff, though... That sounds painful.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • luckyluke92
    luckyluke92
    ✭✭
    Yeah that is really painful! I have friends that are looking for that and it is really hard to find. I fortunaly bought it. I will try to farm a little to help ppl find this gear , so if you are on pc UE may you will find something at vendors :)
  • luckyluke92
    luckyluke92
    ✭✭
    Up! :)
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome setup. Notes taken.
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a really fun build to play with. This is 1 of 2 dps builds I run with on my magblade. Having the inferno staff helps a lot cuz of the heavy attack into flame reach into harvest into impale. Half the time harvest will kill them if not impale will finish them off. This build is a 3-4 second or hit build.

Another thing you can try to add more dmg to this build if you don't wanna run proc sets or Kena is slimecraw. That 8% dmg to attacks is nice. Otherwise here is another build I run

5 piece clever alchemist (impen or divine)
    5 piece elegent (impen or divine)
    You can use skoria, Llambris or slime craw for 8% extra dmg or run 1 Kena and bloodspawn helm or a max magicka helm.
    Inferno staff elegant (sharpened)
    Clever alchemist resto staff (defending)

The skills are all up to you and how your playstyle is.

With the elegant build you'll have to run 90 cp into elemental expert, roughly 60 - 70 into staff expert than the rest split between spell erosion and elf born.

Both builds are very fun to play and are solo builds. OP stats are very similar to mine for the stygian build and the elegant stats are roughly

38k ish magicka
    2k ish spell damage
    1.1-1.5k magicka recovery. The 1.1 is if you run with 2.3k spell damage otherwise it's 2k and 1.5
    15k stam
    55% critical
    W/ atro mundas.

(Can't give you exact stats as I'm not home for both builds)
  • luckyluke92
    luckyluke92
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the advice, but there are some thing you maybe forgot.
    Slime Craw gives you minor berserk (increased your damage done by 8%), this is the same buff you can have with NB skill, merciless resolve, that I already use it. So wear that set is totaly useless.
    An other thing, elegant increase the damage of your heavy attack by 20%, i test it and for this playstyle (ganker that hit from hide, wearing all divines to increase critical damage) give less damage the stygian. If you want to play with elegant and skoria, mean you want to use dots and heavy attack to kill them, so you want to stay and fight to wait skoria proc, but if you wear all divine pieces you won't be able to stay and resist for long!
    This is only my opinion :)
    Edited by luckyluke92 on February 18, 2017 7:19AM
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I use slimecraw I don't use merc resolve, heck half the time I don't use it in pvp anyways cuz of how clunky it is.

When I run elegant I run it with slimecraw cuz than I can drop merc resolve and slot another skill that can help me out. So there is ups and downs to slimecraw and merc resolve
  • luckyluke92
    luckyluke92
    ✭✭
    mmm i don't see the point of using 2 pieces of armor to gain a buff that you can have with 1 skill; you can use a ton of monster set to gain more damage for example if you don't want to gank from hide, but still using heavy attack use 2 pieces of Kena, proc it and the charge you heavy attack, that with alchemist and elegant will give you a ton of damage. The only problem is that you need to proc it and enemy normaly don't wait that you charge your heavy attack. :)
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    For instance when I use clever/elegant/slimecraw or skoria. My rotation is HA/flame reach /soul assault. The HA and flame reach has them below 20% HP already. The SA just finishes them off or impale.

Yeah running Kena with a max magicka helm would add more burst with both builds but the way the elegant/clever/slimecraw build is set up a least on my end I haven't needed to run merc resolve and can run impale. Now with the other build we are almost identical
    I haven't tried the Kena route cuz I use the slimecraw. I think it's more how each person's playstyle is and how they can make it work. Both of us seem to have very good builds and don't have issues killing other players.

Be interesting on how we would do in a 1v1 against eachother
  • luckyluke92
    luckyluke92
    ✭✭
    up :)
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    Dumb question - what does "proc" mean?

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • luckyluke92
    luckyluke92
    ✭✭
    Proc set are set like skoria, selene, viper, that have a % of chance to do some kind of damage (skoria, selene) or just hit the enemy, if you attack with some type of attacks, every 4 second (viper). So Proc mean the attivation of these sets.
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much what lucky said. There are a lot of proc monster helms and proc sets for gear. So for instance stam classes will stack 3 proc sets, than they'll call themselves good. Please your gear did 80% of the dmg.

Now I'll be interested to see how many baddies are in pvp when all campaigns go no CP for a week.
  • luckyluke92
    luckyluke92
    ✭✭
    up :)
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been thinking about this build a lot more lately, and I'm finally getting to a point where I'm probably going to actually put it together now, and I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, since you can run 5 Alchemist on the back bar by swapping from an Alchemist Resto to a Stygian Destro, you can run a complete monster set without giving up either 5-piece. In this spirit, is there a particular monster set you might recommend, if you were to run one on this build? I'm honestly grasping at straws trying to figure out what I'd run as a monster set, but right now, you have one set piece that you could use for something else. Part of me wonders if you could use Spawn of Mephala as a gimmick, or Grothdarr to make open fights easier when they happen, or something like that, but I don't know how useful any of that would be.

Second, how does Elegance do compared to Stygian? I have a feeling that you'd get a bigger boost from Stygian than Elegance, and even if you wouldn't, then Elegance is still easier to buy/farm than Stygian.
    Edited by EldritchPenguin on March 15, 2017 3:42AM
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • luckyluke92
    luckyluke92
    ✭✭
    Firstly, since you can run 5 Alchemist on the back bar by swapping from an Alchemist Resto to a Stygian Destro, you can run a complete monster set without giving up either 5-piece. In this spirit, is there a particular monster set you might recommend, if you were to run one on this build? I'm honestly grasping at straws trying to figure out what I'd run as a monster set, but right now, you have one set piece that you could use for something else. Part of me wonders if you could use Spawn of Mephala as a gimmick, or Grothdarr to make open fights easier when they happen, or something like that, but I don't know how useful any of that would be.
    I run with with alchemist on both bar because of 2 reason:
    1. you are thinking to use a monster set, but there are no good monster set for this build, only you can put 1 piece of a monster set that gives you max magicka.
    2. the time it take to prepare, before the attack is really long, so having alchemist proc only on back bar means that you have to drink your potion early and then do this rotation: swap bar - shadowy disguise - inner light -shadowy disguise - charge heavy attack (about 2.5 sec) - flame reach or ulty. If you run with alchemist on both bar you can drink the potion just before charging your heavy attack. Consider that alchemist buff remain only for 15 seconds, so the less time you waste doing this rotation the more you have left to keep finish the enemy if he is not dead already.

Second, how does Elegance do compared to Stygian? I have a feeling that you'd get a bigger boost from Stygian than Elegance, and even if you wouldn't, then Elegance is still easier to buy/farm than Stygian.
    I tested and Stygian is slice better then Elegance. you can use because is easier to farm, but consider that you have a little bit less damage.

Edited by luckyluke92 on March 15, 2017 9:44AM
  • Spidersnacks
    How would this work in no-cp pvp? Also, sharpened stygian staff is impossible to find, will the build work without it?
  • ryan.tommypub19_ESO
    ryan.tommypub19_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    How would this work in no-cp pvp? Also, sharpened stygian staff is impossible to find, will the build work without it?

Just do two medium Stygian with jewelry and craft the rest. Miss out on the heavy chest piece but you won't have to farm staffs.
  • luckyluke92
    luckyluke92
    ✭✭
    yeah if you don't fint sharpened destro staff it's better to go with 2 pieces of Stygian on armor and craft Alchemist Destro staff sharpened.

On No CP-Campain you need to take out 1-2 Glyph of Spell Damage and put Magicka Recovery instead, you should be able to kill people and have enough sustain to keep cloacking :)

I’m working on make this build more versatile, so you can use it for gank or in a group and be good on both side. Stay tuned i’m almost ready for this build just see if it’s better going with necropotence or alchemist! Follow me on Twitch you will see directly from Live!
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @luckyluke92

Have you (or know anyone who has) tried this build for morrowind? There were some significant hidden and heavy attack nerfs so maybe this won't be as great? Thanks.
  • luckyluke92
    luckyluke92
    ✭✭
    I'm testing this build, the only thing I ask you is to wait few more days and i will upload the updated build!
    Edited by luckyluke92 on June 2, 2017 6:33AM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm testing this build, the only thing I ask you is to wait few more days and i will upload the updated build!

No problem thanks for replying.

Edit: Forgot to mention some people have been saying that impale got a hidden nerf as well so that hurts this build too I think.
    Edited by brandonv516 on June 3, 2017 12:23AM
  • R3dw0lf13
    R3dw0lf13
    Soul Shriven

Do you still use Stygian since its been nerfed? I'm really wanting to make a mag nb
  • thesupervins
    I m going to do this set up ! Do you think Stygian firestaff could be better in nirn (with transmutation I bought the staff 650po ;o) ?