The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Sorcs got WAY to much love...

• DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nellzer wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    LOL gankblades complaining about other classes being OP.

Stealth has existed since the dawn of rpgs, are you seriously considering stealth to be op when you easily have tools to exploit that? Learn to play. And by the way I do not nightblade but I am sick and tired of every kid who plays there first mmorpgs are suddenly experts and constantly complain about stealth in every mmorpg I have played and that is a ton of them.

Point to the word 'stealth' in my post. Not much is wrong with 'stealth'. What's wrong is 'proc sets'. A nightblade with three of them last patch could kill someone in two button presses.

Are you going to sit and tell me I don't know about about proc sets now?

If you don't see that there was a problem with this last patch you weren't paying attention.

And a magicka sorc in last patch could kill 15+ people with 2 button presses (OK OK, 3). See what I did there? Most builds have a stupid strong capability to one-shot or kill with zero outplay potential. Stop singling NBs out because you don't get to see it coming.

This.
  • zZzleepyhead
    zZzleepyhead
    ✭✭✭
    Devilhand wrote: »
    Fighting 3 magicka sorcs is suicidal right now... 3 haunting curses? LOL +15k unblockable damage at 3.5 secs...

NERF

To be clear...
    1 player doing 5,000/3.5 seconds (1.4k dps) is too much to handle

Okay
  • Devilhand
    Devilhand
    ✭✭✭
    Fighting 3 magicka sorcs is suicidal right now... 3 haunting curses? LOL +15k unblockable damage at 3.5 secs...

NERF

To be clear...

Okay

mmm... Problem is youre mistaken. PvP its not about dps (damage per second) mathematical explanaition you just did, its about burst damage.
    Taken in mind each curse blows for +5k dmg non crit and in heavy armour (Probably an average of 7-8k since most good sorcs should be running light armour for extra penetration), thats 15k damage in 1 second at least, not counting other skills being spammed at you, were not to mention Destro stuff got a buff on damage AND Crushing shock/Force pulse also got a buff (Undodgeable), in the end if you ever drop 20% youre death beacuse of mage wrath. So yea... Youre wrong.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NERF

To be clear...

Okay

mmm... Problem is youre mistaken. PvP its not about dps (damage per second) mathematical explanaition you just did, its about burst damage.
    Taken in mind each curse blows for +5k dmg non crit and in heavy armour (Probably an average of 7-8k since most good sorcs should be running light armour for extra penetration), thats 15k damage in 1 second at least, not counting other skills being spammed at you, were not to mention Destro stuff got a buff on damage AND Crushing shock/Force pulse also got a buff (Undodgeable), in the end if you ever drop 20% youre death beacuse of mage wrath. So yea... Youre wrong.

Wait... i thought it was unreflectable... so... there's that.

If that combo doesn't kill you, nothing the sorc does will.

That's the thing about standard sorcs, if the curse, frag, wrath, meteor, combo (it differs in oh so many ways but is all the same practice) the time between bursts is enough to regen to full health.

Unlike NB which can spam a dps that returns health and is a hot, that has dps soft and hard CCs that last, ults that matter... etc...

Stop acting like adding a second explosion after 2.3 times the length of any normal cast suddenly sky rocketed sorcerer above all other classes.

If anything it made Curse a backbar option.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Stealth has existed since the dawn of rpgs, are you seriously considering stealth to be op when you easily have tools to exploit that? Learn to play. And by the way I do not nightblade but I am sick and tired of every kid who plays there first mmorpgs are suddenly experts and constantly complain about stealth in every mmorpg I have played and that is a ton of them.

Point to the word 'stealth' in my post. Not much is wrong with 'stealth'. What's wrong is 'proc sets'. A nightblade with three of them last patch could kill someone in two button presses.

Are you going to sit and tell me I don't know about about proc sets now?

If you don't see that there was a problem with this last patch you weren't paying attention.

And a magicka sorc in last patch could kill 15+ people with 2 button presses (OK OK, 3). See what I did there? Most builds have a stupid strong capability to one-shot or kill with zero outplay potential. Stop singling NBs out because you don't get to see it coming.

This.

The EoTS Destro ult should have been removed from the game, EXCEPT that it's the only way to hurt one of the special snowflakes out there with their right mouse button taped down to perma-block. That's another issue entirely
    Edited by Minalan on February 11, 2017 3:17AM
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »

Lol the same guy who QQed about NBs and DKs all last year.

Talking about me or the troll?

All im saying is: if you fighting solo as Stam NB, 3 or more magicka sorcs, youre screw. All they have to do pretty much is get haunting curse on you and wait it to blow. ==> Which is pretty much what is happening in cyrodiil right now, Sorcs everywere.

When ever you see most players prefer certain classes, something is wrong (unbalanced).
    Like on last patch, full of stamina builds with proc sets, which i am strongly against and always was (can ask the people i play with...)

No Talking to Minalan
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    We are going to see a lot of magSorcs this patch, not because the class is OP, but because pirate skeleton. They are indeed hitting harder this patch, the 8% damage buff with fire staff in the curse+frag+fury combo is brutal, but well, stamsorcs are also brutal.

The thing with magSorcs is that mediocre players are extremely easy to kill, and good players are extremely hard to kill (especially if the are using pirate skeleton). The forum is a good reflection of Cyrodrill, most of the magSorcs are trash, and those are the ones you see crying here that sorc is in a bad place or in need of buffs, or that stamblades are stronger (sorc is literaly a hard counter to stamblades, hands down the hardest match for a stamblade). Whoever thinks sorc is in a bad place, it really need to learn to play, on the proper hands is one of the strongest class in the game.

stop the ***. Not everyone is a ganker, and if you see a lot of gankers, is because the meta is pushing them to that playstyle.

The meta is pushing them? People did it because you could kill nearly anyone in two button presses. And they enjoyed it. Ganking was so bad someone took the time to create an ADD-ON so everyone else could actually play. I've never ever played a game where a player had to step in and balance something that broken.

Now it's a LITTLE harder to gank, and magicka classes finally have some of the ridiculous burst stam players have been bringing to the table since dark Brotherhood.

I reiterate. The biggest 'buff' was 8% damage on destro staves. But that weapon has been giving less spell damage than both dual wield AND 2H for as long as I can remember. Seriously, equip one. And check it.

Can bow get an 8% damage done buff?! Its just as bad as destro in terms of the stats it provides. Partially trolling, but you get my point. Destro didn't really need buffs, it is a ranged weapon, it should be giving less stats. In PvP you might not see the advantage of range (but it is very noticeable in reality), in PvE however it shows a lot. I'm hapoy about the destro buff, cause I main a Sorc. But I'm not happy with the way it has advanced power creep. If anything this is the change that is "too good".

It is 'too good'. But not by a large margin.

Dual wield had 5% damage bonus. And more spell damage by a few hundred points (!!!).
    Ranged bows didn't get a damage increase, but they do get a 20% cost reduction passive that no Magicka weapon has.
    2H has more spell damage.
    Sword and board has defile and some other goodies.

Destro staff needed *something*, it had some of the worst and most expensive skills for any weapon (outside of the destro ult). I wouldn't have added more than 5% single target or AOE personally. Instead they gave it permanent minor berserk. That stacks with minor berserk. :lol: wtf...

Destro didn't need anything. Zos buffed Staff dmg way to much Melee is supposed to be better than ranged yet Zos buffed staff by a lot.

Destruction staff was fine Sorc was fine but oh well I hope you're happy now lol.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol the same guy who QQed about NBs and DKs all last year.

Talking about me or the troll?

All im saying is: if you fighting solo as Stam NB, 3 or more magicka sorcs, youre screw. All they have to do pretty much is get haunting curse on you and wait it to blow. ==> Which is pretty much what is happening in cyrodiil right now, Sorcs everywere.

When ever you see most players prefer certain classes, something is wrong (unbalanced).
    Like on last patch, full of stamina builds with proc sets, which i am strongly against and always was (can ask the people i play with...)

No Talking to Minalan

Because we shouldn't complain about easy two-button press kills with no counter-play? Come on man, it was so bad when 1T dropped some player made a cheesy add-on to stop it. He spent all that time and effort, because it was unplayable and ZOS wouldn't.

So far without proc sets critting? Most of the problem is gone. The skilled NB's will still gank because they knew how to kill people without proc sets. The bad proc set two button respecs will play some other class (sorc or MagDK?)

I'm sure now you'll bring up EoTS, fair enough. Except that your magicka bomb-blade cousins are even more effective at AOE mass death with it. They're 90% of the problem with EOTS out there :lol: it synergies with their own skill set.
    Edited by Minalan on February 11, 2017 3:30AM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We are going to see a lot of magSorcs this patch, not because the class is OP, but because pirate skeleton. They are indeed hitting harder this patch, the 8% damage buff with fire staff in the curse+frag+fury combo is brutal, but well, stamsorcs are also brutal.

The thing with magSorcs is that mediocre players are extremely easy to kill, and good players are extremely hard to kill (especially if the are using pirate skeleton). The forum is a good reflection of Cyrodrill, most of the magSorcs are trash, and those are the ones you see crying here that sorc is in a bad place or in need of buffs, or that stamblades are stronger (sorc is literaly a hard counter to stamblades, hands down the hardest match for a stamblade). Whoever thinks sorc is in a bad place, it really need to learn to play, on the proper hands is one of the strongest class in the game.

stop the ***. Not everyone is a ganker, and if you see a lot of gankers, is because the meta is pushing them to that playstyle.

The meta is pushing them? People did it because you could kill nearly anyone in two button presses. And they enjoyed it. Ganking was so bad someone took the time to create an ADD-ON so everyone else could actually play. I've never ever played a game where a player had to step in and balance something that broken.

Now it's a LITTLE harder to gank, and magicka classes finally have some of the ridiculous burst stam players have been bringing to the table since dark Brotherhood.

I reiterate. The biggest 'buff' was 8% damage on destro staves. But that weapon has been giving less spell damage than both dual wield AND 2H for as long as I can remember. Seriously, equip one. And check it.

Can bow get an 8% damage done buff?! Its just as bad as destro in terms of the stats it provides. Partially trolling, but you get my point. Destro didn't really need buffs, it is a ranged weapon, it should be giving less stats. In PvP you might not see the advantage of range (but it is very noticeable in reality), in PvE however it shows a lot. I'm hapoy about the destro buff, cause I main a Sorc. But I'm not happy with the way it has advanced power creep. If anything this is the change that is "too good".

Dual wield had 5% damage bonus. And more spell damage by a few hundred points (!!!).
    Ranged bows didn't get a damage increase, but they do get a 20% cost reduction passive that no Magicka weapon has.

Destro staff needed *something*, it had some of the worst and most expensive skills for any weapon (outside of the destro ult). I wouldn't have added more than 5% single target or AOE personally. Instead they gave it permanent minor berserk. That stacks with minor berserk. :lol: wtf...

Destro didn't need anything. Zos buffed Staff dmg way to much Melee is supposed to be better than ranged yet Zos buffed staff by a lot.

Destruction staff was fine Sorc was fine but oh well I hope you're happy now lol.

No, destro was not fine and melee not supposed to be better.
    Ranged attacks were easily reflected, blocked, dodged, LoS'ed, thrown off by getting behind an ally, etc.
    Melee could just gapclose you and all your range meant nothing. But you had way worse damage.
    Ranged damage needed to get on par with melee.
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    09eH80v.png

i think that a Little to strong @ZOS

a skill shouldnt overperforming that much

but as i know zos that skill will remain 6 months like, this, thats why you sux zos

now im forced to Slot purge with 4k magicka cost to survive that *** spell
    Edited by BuggeX on February 11, 2017 12:31PM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »
    09eH80v.png

but as i know zos that skill will remain 6 months like, this, thats why you sux zos

Is it really that bad? It seems like you have plenty of time to heal up in between the explosions. Since I play on console I haven't had a chance to test it or fight against it. It seems like it's pretty much the same since most sorcs cast curse again right after it blows up anyway. It seems like it's pretty much the same. curse can't kill you unless frags hit at the same time just block the frag and you survive the curse? Maybe the 8℅ damage increase has increased the sorc overall damage and pressure so much that this is a problem?
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »
    09eH80v.png

Is it really that bad? It seems like you have plenty of time to heal up in between the explosions. Since I play on console I haven't had a chance to test it or fight against it. It seems like it's pretty much the same since most sorcs cast curse again right after it blows up anyway. It seems like it's pretty much the same. curse can't kill you unless frags hit at the same time just block the frag and you survive the curse? Maybe the 8℅ damage increase has increased the sorc overall damage and pressure so much that this is a problem?

multiple sorcs can stack them on you, if you cant purge you die, and yes its bad, an avg dmg of 5k, unblockable unavoidable without purge.
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That would require six people to focus on you to nuke you. Yes, if six people oppose you alne, you should die. I surely can't shieldstreak from six people gapclosing me. Sounds fair to me.
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    That would require six people to focus on you to nuke you. Yes, if six people oppose you alne, you should die. I surely can't shieldstreak from six people gapclosing me. Sounds fair to me.

Uh...if you can't 1vX 6 people on a sorc then you have work to do and have no business commenting on balance. Good magsorcs can solo 15+ GOOD players without a problem.

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And they also shoot lasers from their butts!
    xD
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ist not the probem about die 1v6, ist the fact thats a unavoidable avg dmg from 5k each 3,5sec
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    And they also shoot lasers from their butts!
    xD

Go watch some videos/streams pal. I know denial is an easy way out, but it's true.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pal, streamers fight potatoes. It's well-known.

Bugge, Curse has been unavoidable before. You used to be able to Vigor it off. What has changed since then? If it's the destro buff, why not put more CP into Elemental Defender?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh...if you can't 1vX 6 people on a sorc then you have work to do and have no business commenting on balance. Good magsorcs can solo 15+ GOOD players without a problem.

I'll face any ANY sorc paired with @Thelon or @Psychotic13 or @minalan or ANY named player and I guarantee you that one player will NOT win.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'll face any ANY sorc paired with @Thelon or @Psychotic13 or @minalan or ANY named player and I guarantee you that one player will NOT win.

I just saw Malcolm die to only 4 ppl. And one of those (me) was experimenting with a new build idea which wasn't yet optimised and I kept messing up due to different skills in different locations... (perhaps it was just my power-surge spam that threw him)

Nah, I don't think a good magsorc can solo 15+ good players without a problem.. Hell, chances are out of those 15 good players, 1/4 of them will be sorcs.. so how does that work?.

Edited by Biro123 on February 11, 2017 4:22PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And ANOTHER Nerf thread. A game like this can NOT be "balanced" to what a single person thinks "balance" should be. Way too many variables which is the beauty of this game. You can try many combinations of Abilities, armor, weapons, Monster sets, etc and STILL find one you had not thought of and still someone somewhere will yell and scream for "balance".

How about we just ask ZOS for one character class and one set of armor/abilities, etc.? There's your balance.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that guy has no clue what hes talking about, Waffles. As someone whos been 1vXing since the reign of Ezareth, i have never seen a sorc 1v15 GOOD players.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow got a 10% damage buff. It only applies to bow attacks though

To bow abilities it says. Great. If only there was a good bow ability other than DOT which I don't want to spam.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

that guy has no clue what hes talking about, Waffles. As someone whos been 1vXing since the reign of Ezareth, i have never seen a sorc 1v15 GOOD players.

Yup, same here

Sorc is actually balanced now. I hope they leave it be. It's not too strong and it's not too weak.

Curse is fine. You got 8 secs after the first explosion to prepare. You can heal, hot, and buff a lot during that time. Folks need to chill.

1vX 15 decent players simply isn't going to happen, I have never saw that either.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pal, streamers fight potatoes. It's well-known.

Bugge, Curse has been unavoidable before. You used to be able to Vigor it off. What has changed since then? If it's the destro buff, why not put more CP into Elemental Defender?

if you would watch the Screen, i have 33k spell ress and about 75 Points in elementar def, the last 3% would Change not much.

curse where blockable before btw.

the curse hits on my def value with 5-7k, anyone with LA and less cps would eat 10k unaviodable dmg, you cannot doge or block, you simply get all dmg after 3,5 sec if you dont run purge.

i dont mindt its unavoidable, but for that dmg its to much
    Edited by BuggeX on February 11, 2017 5:17PM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

I just saw Malcolm die to only 4 ppl. And one of those (me) was experimenting with a new build idea which wasn't yet optimised and I kept messing up due to different skills in different locations... (perhaps it was just my power-surge spam that threw him)

Nah, I don't think a good magsorc can solo 15+ good players without a problem.. Hell, chances are out of those 15 good players, 1/4 of them will be sorcs.. so how does that work?.

Tell me how a good player avoids an unblockable ult + execute that kills you in 2 seconds ;) Of course one can be a sorc, and therein lies the exception.

I don't even care about the sorc buffs, the curse change makes literally no difference as any good sorc would reapply the curse so there's absolutely no damage change... and any bad sorc that didn't do this is a free kill. The destro buff was entirely unnecessary, but not really game-breaking either.

I brought that example up because of the whining about stam builds and proc sets (that didn't need a nerf either). Both stamina and magicka builds have (had) the capability to cheese kill people, regardless of skill. All they did was make magicka stronger and stam weaker, which was unnecessary.
    Edited by Nellzer on February 11, 2017 5:49PM
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The REAL enemy will be our mag DK overlords that will rule Cyrodiil just like they used to.

Feels nostalgic to die to 1.5 dks again
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooooo many mDKs soooo many
    Edited by Waffennacht on February 11, 2017 5:55PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, destro was not fine and melee not supposed to be better.
    Ranged attacks were easily reflected, blocked, dodged, LoS'ed, thrown off by getting behind an ally, etc.
    Melee could just gapclose you and all your range meant nothing. But you had way worse damage.
    Ranged damage needed to get on par with melee.

Melee is supposed to be better you are taking a risk as opposed to ranged can deal dmg safely from range.

All what you said is the consequences of using ranged you have to sacrifice to get advantages.

And yes destruction staff was fine especially when they added the OP ultimate. Whats the point of being melee now when you can pull the same dmg from the safety of range?
    Edited by Anti_Virus on February 11, 2017 6:06PM
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curse has been unblockable for a while. This isn't a new thing with homestead.