Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

9th trait (Nirnhoned) and 9 trait sets

Bethruz
Bethruz
✭✭
Cat't really find answer to my question anywhere so I decided to ask here as there will be some of you masters who will know the big answer ;)
I have leveled all professions to max level and learned all 8 traits exept Nirnhoned on all crafting professions and items. I also have finished the Craglorn quest and obtained and learned one Nirnhoned... Don't remember for which item it was learned. Today I went to Cyrodil to craft Armor Master set item and found that crafting was red so I quess it was because I have only one Nirnhoned learned... or am I right?
I have read that one char can learn only one Nirnhoned and if it's true, how can someone make 5 items if only one item Nornhoned can be learned?

Sorry about a little messy question but I'm not very good asking these in English :)
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can learn nirn on all items wood , heavy , medium and light
  • OldGamerESO
    OldGamerESO
    ✭✭✭
    You need to buy items from the guild store with the Nirnhoned trait and research them. Each slot you research will open up 9 trait crafting for that slot. Since you can only do 3 at a time and they are 30 days each you can do heavy armor in 2.5 months, then weapons in 2.5 months. Light/Medium will take 5 months. Staves/shields in 2 months.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thankfully finished that months ago
  • Madamova
    Madamova
    ✭✭✭
    Bethruz wrote: »
    Today I went to Cyrodil to craft Armor Master set item and found that crafting was red so I quess it was because I have only one Nirnhoned learned... or am I right?
    I have read that one char can learn only one Nirnhoned and if it's true, how can someone make 5 items if only one item Nornhoned can be learned?

Hi, by Armor Master set items do you mean a Master Writ? If so there could be several reasons why you couldn't craft it - depending on requirements for that particular Writ - did you have the right Motif learned? Or was it just that you had to make it with Nirnhoned trait? Were you using a correct crafting set station?

It is not true that you can only learn 1 Nirnhoned, however, you can only get 1 Nirnhoned item per character - from finishing the last Craglorn quest. To get more nirnhoned items you need to either buy those from Guild Traders or trade with other players.

Hope this helps.

• Bethruz
    Bethruz
    ✭✭
    Thank you everyone for the great information. I feel much more wise now and will investigate more in Tamriel. :)
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lots of stuff drops in Nirnhoned now, the info you were reading is outdated.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Madamova
    Madamova
    ✭✭✭

Please explain. Where does it drop from, and how much is lots? Example?
    For as long as I'm playing (3 years) I NEVER had any items dropped with Nirnhoned trait, except from last Craglorn quest.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Madamova wrote: »

Please explain. Where does it drop from, and how much is lots? Example?
    For as long as I'm playing (3 years) I NEVER had any items dropped with Nirnhoned trait, except from last Craglorn quest.

Maelstrom weapons and weekly Trials leaderboard rewards can be Nirnhoned. You won't get nirnhoned items dropping from random trash mobs.
  • Madamova
    Madamova
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Maelstrom weapons and weekly Trials leaderboard rewards can be Nirnhoned. You won't get nirnhoned items dropping from random trash mobs.

Fair enough, not for the casual player though...
  • Bethruz
    Bethruz
    ✭✭
    One thing is still a bit dizzy for me. There is Fortified Nirncrux and Potent Nirncrux stones. Those are the trait stones to make items with learned nirnhoned trait, right? Which are the stones to learn more nirnhoned traits to different armor and weapons?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fortified = Armor
    Potent = Weapons
  • OldGamerESO
    OldGamerESO
    ✭✭✭
    One thing is still a bit dizzy for me. There is Fortified Nirncrux and Potent Nirncrux stones. Those are the trait stones to make items with learned nirnhoned trait, right? Which are the stones to learn more nirnhoned traits to different armor and weapons?

Fortified Nirncrux applies spell resistance and adds the Nirnhoned trait to armor. Potant Nirncrux applies Spell Resistance and Spell Penetration and adds the Nirnhoned trait to an weapon.
    Edited by OldGamerESO on February 10, 2017 6:54PM
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭

Madamova wrote: »
    Today I went to Cyrodil to craft Armor Master set item and found that crafting was red so I quess it was because I have only one Nirnhoned learned... or am I right?

Hi, by Armor Master set items do you mean a Master Writ? If so there could be several reasons why you couldn't craft it - depending on requirements for that particular Writ - did you have the right Motif learned? Or was it just that you had to make it with Nirnhoned trait? Were you using a correct crafting set station?

It is not true that you can only learn 1 Nirnhoned, however, you can only get 1 Nirnhoned item per character - from finishing the last Craglorn quest. To get more nirnhoned items you need to either buy those from Guild Traders or trade with other players.

Hope this helps.

Did you read the op title? Or are you just confused about life? This has nothing to do with writs.
  • Madamova
    Madamova
    ✭✭✭
    Maikon wrote: »
    Did you read the op title? Or are you just confused about life? This has nothing to do with writs.

It's a simple misunderstanding on my part, I was just trying to help.
    You are the one trolling here, without anything useful to say.

• Bethruz
    Bethruz
    ✭✭
    I get the idea now. I can simply buy an item with Nirnhoned trait and learn the ability using the item. Just bought armor and started the learning. Thank you all :))
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get the idea now. I can simply buy an item with Nirnhoned trait and learn the ability using the item. Just bought armor and started the learning. Thank you all :))

Keep in mind that you don't have to finish all traits before you can start crafting that Armor Master set. Each item you research will unlock that item to craft. So start your research on the pieces you want to craft. You can even skip researching items you will never craft. That will save you a lot on money on research items.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • S'yn
    S'yn
    ✭✭✭
    If you are looking to craft an item that requires 9 traits, you will need to have learned (or at least have the last trait being actively researched) all 9 for the item you want to craft. Once you have all of your research done on a profession, you can re-do your skills and take those points and put them into something else out of research passive. While you are leveling the profession and researching traits, the bonus to research time and amount of items is VERY helpful.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you have a good guild, you can ask one of the crafters to make you whatever item you need to research. If any of my guildmates give me the nirncrux, I will make them whatever nirnhoned item they want for research, for free.

I make research items for free for my guildmates. However the rng gremlins in Craglorn don't like me, so I don't have enough nirncrux to make nirnhoned items for free......