The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What Cp lvl is minimum for Vet Dungeon

DetErMeg
DetErMeg
So i finally managed to get to lvl 50 with my first char.
Veteran dungeon opened up. So i decided to go for it at 10 cp the standard you get at 50. Iam healing and i was up for the challange.
Just to be meet by alot of toxic players telling me to gtfo and farm normal. ( i have done a million normal's levling) One dude told me veteran is for 600 cp players and i called bs.
They dont even bother they just leave or kick. not even given a chance to try it out.
So what lvl is OK to go into veteran?
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭
    Cp 1+ is enough but better to start at 160+

Find a pve guild or do it with friends, people don't want to do it with lowlevels because it can become a nightmare with lots of deaths and much more time wasted
    SW GoH > ESO
  • DetErMeg
    DetErMeg
    OK thanks for the clarification. I guess i farm some decent healing set in normal and try again later
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    Cp is never the actual issue. Cp is just the only indication of in game experience available. Just do research on your build make sure your playing it properly. I run into people everyday in this game that think theyre very good "cause my (nightblade skill) hits for 20k" or "dude i have 4000 weapon damage my dps is fine" But character statistics are not an indication of skill or knowledge of mechanics. I run into 561cp characters that make doing mechanics in dungeons impossible because theyre just belligerent idiots that dont listen to other people.

So my advice. Learn the mechanics and your class properly. That means going on google and looking up builds. Dont just go into a vet dungeon and do your own thing and expect not to get kicked. MMOs are just math. Thats why meta exists and thats why you should have no shame in following builds. If you do that you dont need to worry about cp. you may still get kicked by the 561cp belligerent idiot i spoke of above. But if your doing your job right. People like me who know what there doing wont kick you.
    Edited by AtraisMachina on February 10, 2017 3:44AM
  • Dynalon
    Dynalon
    Soul Shriven
    If you are healing it does not matter as long as you can keep people alive, hell I can heal most veteran dungeons with destro staffs and only sorcerer healing pet on my bar. There are few dungeons where I would need restoration staff skills but not that many. People are being idiots, kicking lower cp for no reason and then usually play worse than CP10 themself.
    2 days ago I joined a group via group finder and first thing they told me sorry we are going to kick you because we are waiting for friend to join. Then I asked why the hell did they put up dungeon finder and was told they need a healer (=templar) and I am a sorcerer. Stupidity of some people is endless. Just put them on ignore and carry on.
  • Greydir
    Greydir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally I to began doing Vet Dungeons back when there where still Vet Ranks on my First char at Vet 1 CP 3 or something.
    I sucked big time, also because back then Vet meant doing the Few dungeons that today are marked with a II.
    Our Run in Crypt of Hearts was successful but not very good, but it Helped me to realise and learn important things.
    The one thing that kept it from disbanding though was that it was a run with my guild, where people where ready to teach newer Players the mechanics.
    So start running Vet dungeons as soon as you want and can but maybe try to look out for a guild to help you take your first steps since the Randomtool is a very bad place filled with people with strong and not necessary right expectations about what is needed to successfully complete a vet Dungeon.
    Ebenherzpakt
    Sir Greydir - Dunmer DK
    Don Greydir - Kajit NB
    Ser Greydir - Imperial DK
    Dieser-Greydir-Heilt - Argonier Templer
    Greydir Finsterklinge - Bretone NB
    Greydir Drakenson - Nord Hüter
    Clear: vAA HM - vHrC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF TTT - vAS [+2] - vCR [+3] GH - vSS HM - vKA HM - vRG
  • DetErMeg
    DetErMeg
    Thanks for the response guys, i guess i was a bit unlucky with the people i got grp`d with.
    I will check out what you said AtraisMachina

• Kozai
    Kozai
    ✭✭✭
    As was suggested, if you can make contact with a large, friendly guild they will be much more willing to take a chance on explaining mechanics as they go.

I took a chance on a normal WGT this morning, group finder, and as I joined the tank quit. I'm 600+ CP, the two dps were level 13 and level 19. Since I like meeting new people, and I had a pretty solid Templar healer/dps, I stayed, and confirmed that both of them knew the dungeon well, these were just new alts. They picked up another tank through team finder who spoke (wrote?) only Japanese, level 44, and we set off. What could go wrong, with us unable to communicate with the tank?

So, we had a couple of deaths, but no tpks, and overall it went quite smoothly. While I was helping with dps, the two lowbies must have been contributing quite a bit, especially given that one of them couldn't even bar swap yet. I've had worse runs with my regular group. One friend, over 600 CP by the way because he solos a lot, can't really manage to both activate powers AND move out of red areas, he is pretty much "one thing at a time", so dies a lot.

After we finished the WGT, the level 13, now 14, thanked us for taking a chance on him, he said he had been kicked from a ton of teams for being too low. That kind of thing is one of the reasons I play. :)
  • doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    I reached lvl 50 yesterday and spent my enlightement and got to 20 CP, Today I wanted to spend my premium random dungeon and signed up for a normal run.

Got into Vault of Madness a dungeon I haven't done except that one run back in 2014 when I played last. The run went well, didn't really notice anything, was a bit confused and doing the quest at the same time.

Was wondering why I got EPIC items from the bosses, first much later in the day when I got the same dungeon again did I realise I ran Veteran VOM.

The 500 cp+ DPS must have wondered when they got a 20CP tank in lvl 40'ish gear doing the quest too... hahaha.... Didnt get kicked though and finished the dungeon fine.
    Edited by doggie on February 17, 2017 7:24PM
  • Trihugger
    Trihugger
    ✭✭✭
    It's basically a question of this: Do you want to be carried or do you want to pull your own weight?

If you want to pull your own weight, then you should be CP160 with CP150 minimum crafted gear and CP160 gold weapons as a DPS. It matters exponentially less for CP if you're the tank or healer. Healing is a joke in all but a select few dungeons, and tanking is a matter of understanding what it is you're doing more than it is gear to simply soak damage and keep things attacking you.

Granted good gear will be a boon to the run on healers and tanks as it typically translates in the healer/tank buffing the DPS or putting out good dps themselves, but nothing compared to scrub DPS doing any ol' thang lol.

There are countless guides out there for "XXXX class entry level gear" type stuff.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP10, but it will be hard to find decent gear for that lvl.
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP 160. Do normal dungeons until then, otherwise you're just having others carry you especially if you haven't don't normal and learned the mechanics.
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    DetErMeg wrote: »
    Thanks for the response guys, i guess i was a bit unlucky with the people i got grp`d with.

I've done maybe 15 dungeons. I only ran into a problem with one person when I accidentally selected random Veteran Dungeon popped up. We got "Imperial City Prison". The guy apologized and just flat out told us we wouldn't finish and quit the group.

I have no idea what the Imperial City Prison is, (I'm guessing its really tough) but we were all cp100 to 300 something and he was over 500.

Some people are smart asses, but I'm ok with that. Most everyone has been pretty cool and helpful.

Edited by parkham on February 22, 2017 5:33PM

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    parkham wrote: »
    DetErMeg wrote: »

I've done maybe 15 dungeons. I only ran into a problem with one person when I accidentally selected random Veteran Dungeon popped up. We got "Imperial City Prison". The guy apologized and just flat out told us we wouldn't finish and quit the group.

I have no idea what the Imperial City Prison is, (I'm guessing its really tough) but we were all cp100 to 300 something and he was over 500.

Some people are smart asses, but I'm ok with that. Most everyone has been pretty cool and helpful.

The DLC dungeons on vet have quite complex mechanics. If you have never done them before, then trying first time on vet is 99% not likely to work. It's not just about 'moah deeps' or even CP points, it's about knowing the mechanics.

To be honest, I have said to people who have never done ICP before of high CP level that it won't work on vet and politely left. Sometimes we can teach and explain mechanics of vet dungeons successfully, but typing out how to do vet ICP with a bunch of people you've never met takes serious patience and lots of time.

I've seen vet WGT tanked by a level 40 successfully...with an experienced group. He'd done it dozens of times on other characters and so had no issues,,,he was battle scaled, knew his class and had a great build for his level. I've also seen a nightblade go in as dps and end up solo tanking, self healing, and dpsing the planar inhibitor and adds, for the last 20 % on vet because the rest of us sucked at the mechanics: it can't just be locked down and burned down/healed thru like it can on normal by high dps groups.

Today I spent hours in that same vet dlc dungeon with a group of guildies, all with good cp and gear but much less experience of the particular fight and we wiped over and over, even though two of us had completed it before. We had a ball learning until we all got too tired to hit the right keys. But i wouldn't inflict that experience on strangers!

A lot of people don't have a lot of time to play and so their dungeon diving time is precious.

So OP, while CP helps you max your build and the right gear helps a lot. Knowing the dungeons helps more in my opinion. I only pug the easy vet ones I know backwards, even as a 550 CP healer.

It's a pity that normals allow so many mechanics to be by-passed by sheer dps. If they didn't, and there was a 'completed normal 10 times before doing vet' requirement, I think more people would risk taking players new to vet with them.

Meanwhile i suggest finding a nice guild that dungeon dives. (hit me up in game if you are NA-PC) We have enough good players to 'carry' new level 50's though most content while they learn and get geared...because this game is kind of chicken and egg that way. You need to do it to learn it and to get the gear from it, in order to do it!

Oh and always eat and buff and gear up before before you port. Some players will look at 12k health, no food buff and a bow, even though you may have only equipped it to level on landscape, and drop group immediately, before you have a chance to fix yourself up! ;)

edited for accuracy
    Edited by aetherial_heavenn on February 27, 2017 12:17PM
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos