Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Fishing...How did you catch Eltheric Grouper in Stros Mkai?

arena25
arena25
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey, everyone. I'm trying to catch a rare "Eltheric Grouper" in Stros M'kai. After nearly 50 attempts, haven't caught one.

So, I'm asking everyone if they've caught the Eltheric Grouper. And if so, how you caught it (what bait, at what location, etc.)

Thanks, all.

Arena25
If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at my PC at the moment*, but you can get some addons to help you out. Votan's, Luminary, and Rare Fish Tracker are super helpful.

*If I were in-game I could just tell you.
    Edited by NolaArch on February 10, 2017 1:28AM
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just lots of luck i assume

i dunno i just checked my journal and apparently i've got all the fish in stros m'kai, best checking a guide for the exact location
    Edited by Browiseth on February 10, 2017 1:28AM
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Tashira_Ronin
    Tashira_Ronin
    ✭✭✭
    Need to go to the spot next to the orc fishing on the coast. Near a fishing hut.
    NA/PC/DC - played since beta
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need to go to the spot next to the orc fishing on the coast. Near a fishing hut.

No, it's random.
  • sumisu1
    sumisu1
    ✭✭✭
    Funny, that's the only rare fish I've caught so far lol
  • Stanko
    Stanko
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm.....Has the legendary Stros M'Kai fishing bug returned? I remember using 500 worms before I used chub and caught the fish on the 2nd cast. Almost a year later, the bug was apparently fixed according to the patch notes. Try using chub, you can't do any worse.
    Stanko: Ebonheart Pact, CP 3600, Templar, Former Emperor on Azura's, Arena Gladiator, Flawless Conqueror, Spirit Slayer, Grand Overlord, Paragon, and of course Merciless.
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stanko wrote: »
    Hmmmm.....Has the legendary Stros M'Kai fishing bug returned? I remember using 500 worms before I used chub and caught the fish on the 2nd cast. Almost a year later, the bug was apparently fixed according to the patch notes. Try using chub, you can't do any worse.

First of all, what's chub and where can you get it?

Second of all, how do I install Rare Fish Tracker into my game? I downloaded the addon, but I'm trying to install it and I don't know where it is.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My record is 22 groupers in an hour in Betnikh, taking a shore arc from due east of Carved Hills Wayshrine to due south of it. But it's all RNG.
    signing off
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if old bug showed up again, but like someone mentioned before try using "chub" bait which is found from fishing in ... foul water (don't remember lol). Mostly its about rng, but peeps had that fish from the very first hole in their path.

BTW, as far as i remember some of the water is foul in stros, so go to the fishing holes near the main city.
    SW GoH > ESO
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arena25 wrote: »
    Stanko wrote: »

First of all, what's chub and where can you get it?

Second of all, how do I install Rare Fish Tracker into my game? I downloaded the addon, but I'm trying to install it and I don't know where it is.

If you're using Minion, it will automatically install for you. Are you on PC/NA?
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember the exact location but I know it was ocean fishing with worms. I am thinking I was over by Saintsport when I caught it.

My Templar happened to catch it on the first cast.
    Edited by Tabbycat on February 10, 2017 2:27AM
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just keep doing it, basically. Make sure you're using worms and hope you aren't part of the 0.0001% that won't get it even after 3000 tries.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Tashira_Ronin
    Tashira_Ronin
    ✭✭✭

No, it's random.

Sorry was thinking of the rare one in wrothgar. My bad
    NA/PC/DC - played since beta
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you to all who provided help.

And a BIG THANK YOU to the person who sent me bait as well as some tips. If I ever meet you in game, expect me to give you a ton of gold.

After reading through his advice, I tried again with the proper bait, and this time I caught an Eltheric Grouper!

Thank you to all! If there are no other objections, I wish this thread closed.
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We have moved this thread to the Players Helping Players forum where it is a better fit. :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://deltiasgaming.com/2015/04/27/eso-fishing-guide/

A friend wrote this fishing guide. It might help some with your future fishing.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."