The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dungeon Finder Broken Since Homestead Patch

raglau
raglau
✭✭✭✭✭
Dungeon Finder completely broken since Homestead patch:

1- I have now sat in the queue for nearly an hour waiting for a random normal with me as a tank and a healer, obviously this would pop in about 10 seconds before the Homestead patch as we only need 2 DDs.
2 - When I Disbanded the group and put solely myself into the random normal queue, the queue popped in 6 seconds, so it's an issue with multiple players queuing
3 - When someone leaves the group or disconnects, the Finder will never find a replacement, even though you tell it to. I have to 3 man dungeons once that occurs
4 - Finder will form and break groups over and over for no apparent reason
5 - Finder no longer tells you which dungeon has just popped until you enter the dungeon, unclear if this is by design but it's certainly inconvenient
6 - It's impossible for me to Leave Group from 'P' group menu
7 - Once when the Finder broke and the group disintegrated, I had to wait 1 hour before I could queue again, instead of 15 mins. The clock counted down each second as it should, just for one hour

I have raised a ticket for this issue, 170209-002414. When raising this ticket, it was impossible to submit it under broken quest as the 'Submit' button was greyed out.
Edited by raglau on February 9, 2017 8:35PM
  • BobBarnsen69
    BobBarnsen69
    Soul Shriven
    +1

I too have so many problems since the last update with the Group Finder.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is crap now agree.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just sat in a pre-formed group of 4 trying to get a random vet for the 100k, and it just kept failing to start, even though we were all ready checking. In the end everyone left the group!

ZOS support fobbed me off THREE times with an automated response, then this garbage:

"We are aware that some players are experiencing issues forming a group through the Group and Activity Finder tools. We have refactored how Group Finder works in Update 11, and we expect the current issues to be resolved in a future update.
    If you experience an issue with the tools, you may be able to access dungeons by forming a full group of friends and guild members, or by seeking out party members in area chat first. Once a full group is formed, you should be able to queue for the dungeon of your choice, or travel together directly to the dungeon via Wayshrine.
    Keep an eye on our Patch Notes forum for any future updates here.
    In the meantime, we’d also recommend you keep an eye on our official Facebook, Twitter, and website for upcoming news about The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, including release-date info. You’ll find those pages here:"

Seriously, these people are idiots. I've gone back to FF14, at least they support their game. The muppets at ZOS can't even make the most basic LFG tool work.

Unreal.
    Edited by raglau on February 11, 2017 4:22PM
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Random dungeons also do NOT give you XP bonus nor do they give an Undaunted Premium package in the mail. Also noticed that if you complete a Speed Run in a dungeon that you ported in to through D.F. you do NOT get the Achievement.

It is certainly broken. Customer support tickets were submitted by the entire group I was in. Suggest we all do t he same.
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need fixed asap !
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pibbles wrote: »
    If you experience an issue with the tools, you may be able to access dungeons by forming a full group of friends and guild members, or by seeking out party members in area chat first. Once a full group is formed, you should be able to queue for the dungeon of your choice, or travel together directly to the dungeon via Wayshrine.

This is quite a funny suggestion from "support", considering the Finder has serious issues especially with pre-made groups. Go figure.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Random dungeons also do NOT give you XP bonus nor do they give an Undaunted Premium package in the mail.

My experience has been that in pre-made groups, only the leader gets the XP bonus.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also happened 3+ times today that, when I queue alone, after the "Ready check" was successful, the status would read "Forming group" for about a minute, and then it'd jump back to "Queued" with the message "Group was not viable". Which apparently is incorrect, considering it already proceeded to form the group.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, everyone in our guild is avoiding the dungeon finder like the plague. Like you will queue up for a dungeon, it will take you there, remove you from that dungeon, and then put you back where you started from. Gee, that was a lot of loading screens for going nowhere :)
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ashtaris: Yes, I've found that this happens a lot when a pre-made group queues. It has not happened to me yet when I queue alone.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chall
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    Pibbles wrote: »

This is quite a funny suggestion from "support", considering the Finder has serious issues especially with pre-made groups. Go figure.

Indeed, I challenged support in a response email and pointed out the issue is with pre-made groups, and then they sent back the very same advice. Dear god, these guy really would struggle to dress themselves in the morning:

"I'm sorry for any inconvenience for queue times and finding groups. We are aware that some players are experiencing issues forming a group through the Group and Activity Finder tools. We have refactored how Group Finder works in Update 11, and we expect the current issues to be resolved in a future update.

As stated before, you may be able to access dungeons by forming a full group of friends and guild members, or by seeking out party members in area chat first. Once a full group is formed, you should be able to queue for the dungeon of your choice, or travel together directly to the dungeon via Wayshrine.

Keep an eye on our Patch Notes forum for any future updates here."
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pibbles: I really hope - for their sake - that such answers happen because they're understaffed and just have too many tickets to work through. So that they don't really read your replies, are just triggered by a few keywords, and send a response accordingly.

If not, like if they intentionally send such replies, Z should probably think about replacing them.
    Edited by Loc2262 on February 12, 2017 8:27PM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pibbles: I really hope - for their sake - that such answers happen because they're understaffed and just have too many tickets to work through. So that they don't really read your replies, are just triggered by a few keywords, and send a response accordingly.

If not, like if they intentionally send such replies, Z should probably think about replacing them.

I think they just don't care, judging by this response:

"I see that you are very frustrated and I completely understand. At this time, we are currently investigating this matter. We ask that you keep an eye on any Patch Notes forums for any updates.

You can also surely submit a bug report using the /bug command in-game, providing as much information as possible, and I will pass your request over for investigation.

In the meantime, we’d also recommend you keep an eye on our official Facebook, Twitter, and website for upcoming news about The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, including release-date info. You’ll find those pages here:"

I also raised a bug on this last week, as he suggests, but it went nowhere.
    Edited by raglau on February 12, 2017 9:17PM
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah well, at this point the support guy probably really can't do anything about the bug(s). ;)

Let's hope that they get the worst bugs fixed in tomorrow's maintenance!
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah well, at this point the support guy probably really can't do anything about the bug(s). ;)

Let's hope that they get the worst bugs fixed in tomorrow's maintenance!

Well, I asked him a couple of simple questions about rewards when not using finder, and he just ignored those.
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please fix this and return it to the old version. This one is so much worse. It sounded promising but now we get ready checks over and over. Groups not viable. No random XP rewards at times. Have to port in because it will not port you at times. You cannot requeue for a random when in another dungeons.

This is not a step forward. It's buggy. Glitchy. And it doesn't not function well at all in general when you keep getting groups that are not viable. How does that even happen?
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double post here but I wanted to add, one of the biggest problems I saw before was that too many very low toons were getting in DLC and Vet version dungeons like DC II. Most people who have been in those scenarios know that they are tedious at best and fails at worst. Low toons may be able to do these dungeons. MAYBE. You need at least 1 solid dps in any of them and a solid dps is never a toon that is under 50. CP160 maybe. MAYBE. They simply will take too long for most people to bother and no random reward unless it is a million gold or 10 levels gained because in that amount of time you could have done pretty much anything else and had more fun doing it. So these groups keep having people quit, DC, whatever. And it take forever. If it is a healer or tank you might as well wait for another hour to get that spot refilled. So now you three man it and with three low toons it's even worse.

If EH I , DC I , and WS I have level requirements, and all of them are far easier than any version II (normal) and dlc dungeon, then why on earth aren't there level requirements on the version II and dlc ones that are more in line with the level of challenges they present. Just sayin' the system is a little wonky here. Please fix this. It was a huge part of the problem I would think.
    Edited by CombatPrayer on February 12, 2017 10:24PM
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @autumnsongbird, yes I very much agree. Just had a 10 minutes Grobull fight again in DC2 as tank. And two times 6 minutes on the Engine Guardian, most of the time I was rezzing the DDs. This dungeon is simply too difficult, compared to DC1, for players of the respective level.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Bullen1995
    Bullen1995
    Soul Shriven
    Its broken beyond belief, Me and my friend that recently joined the game wanted to do normal dungeons but we ended up sitting in the dungeon que for 1h and 30min without any dungeon pop during this time.

Even when we left the group it said we were still qued with no option to reque or leave the que and the only solution was to relog or close the game completely and this is not exacly a good first impression for new players joining the game and if you wanna do dungeons with your friends in general.

My specualtion is that a issue triggers when you have two people with each diffrent rank like me with veteran rank and my friend with just normal lvls. Because when he qued solo he got in after about 30 min.

Another time in white gold tower the tank left the dungeon at the first boss cause of a fail attempt and once again we sat in the que for 15-20 min with no pop, So the group leader started to spam que and clicking it on and off and after less than 1 min a tank appeared from literally nowhere and everyone bursted out in laughter. We had a great time after that and finished the dungeon.

It had problems before the patch and now its way way worse. This is abit disappointing along with stuff like chairs not interractable and it feel like this patch Homestead was abit rushed. I hope we have a fix soon because at the moment its abit frustrating playing with friends.

Edited by Bullen1995 on February 16, 2017 5:58AM
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    When I joined as a tank for fungal grotto I we needs one not dps. When we found it atlast after a while the dps suddenly leaves our group so we spent about 20 minutes finding someonewith a few more guys disconnecting until I have up and found a new group. Wasted more time finding a group than actually farming.
  • OmegaRaven
    OmegaRaven
    Soul Shriven
    This dungeon finder is broken since homestead... it needs to be addressed... :(
  • MRoz78
    MRoz78
    This is annoying!! I can que into a dungeon but when I go and try it with a friend it crashes... WTF!!!
    GT: Mr Oz 1974
  • Sgt_Morrigahn
    Sgt_Morrigahn
    Soul Shriven
    Any news around this issue??
    Still having the same problems .. even though they have patched the game several times after Homestead, they haven'tdone anything to this.

Could someone from ZOS please shed a light on this?? please tell us what you are doing, IF you are doing anything about this??

Please don't sink down and become Blizzard in terms of doing anything about broken mechanics!! It is NOT working as intended, we ARE prepared!!!!!
  • penek
    penek
    wait times before homestead for DD was 30-40 minutes, i not run any dungeons since december, but tried again on new toon and i am as dd in queue (for normal Pledge dungeons that appear today) sit for 1.5 hours now. GREAT JOB!!!
    How are we supposed to do pledges when you can't even go to dungeon (except as solo through entering it on map)
  • Itsmez
    Itsmez
    Soul Shriven
    penek wrote: »
    wait times before homestead for DD was 30-40 minutes, i not run any dungeons since december, but tried again on new toon and i am as dd in queue (for normal Pledge dungeons that appear today) sit for 1.5 hours now. GREAT JOB!!!
    How are we supposed to do pledges when you can't even go to dungeon (except as solo through entering it on map)

Like everyone else. 1. Create premade group, 2. Enter the dungeon manually through wayshrine, or run there, 3. Complete the dungeon. Simple as that.

Now the long que times are simply because there is not that mutch healers/tanks as DD's. as long youre playing as DD dont complain about the long que times, its same in every mmo's.

I do get long que times as DD too, sometimes they are not that long and sometimes i will never get into dungeon, as healer or tank it takes no time to get into dungeon, i cant understand how people say that the tool is broken because youre playing the same role as 90% of the population in game. There is real problems that zos should worry about.

• Itsmez
    Itsmez
    Soul Shriven
    Any news around this issue??
    Still having the same problems .. even though they have patched the game several times after Homestead, they haven'tdone anything to this.

Could someone from ZOS please shed a light on this?? please tell us what you are doing, IF you are doing anything about this??

Please don't sink down and become Blizzard in terms of doing anything about broken mechanics!! It is NOT working as intended, we ARE prepared!!!!!

Sink down as blizzard? did you forget the simple fact that blizzard's games do actually work? Yes ofcourse there is bugs every now and then but thats normal in everygame, but when there is it doesnt take too mutch of time to fix it.
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    So as has already been stated, me and a friend also are having issues, but only when grouped. Solo it works perfect. What's weird is when I'm party lead it works. But the bug where he doesn't get the random daily reward is still there, even though patch notes claimed it was fixed. So we give him lead and every dungeon he queues for is instant removal plus 15 minute wait time. If he gives me back lead it works.
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itsmez wrote: »
    penek wrote: »

Like everyone else. 1. Create premade group, 2. Enter the dungeon manually through wayshrine, or run there, 3. Complete the dungeon. Simple as that.

Now the long que times are simply because there is not that mutch healers/tanks as DD's. as long youre playing as DD dont complain about the long que times, its same in every mmo's.

I do get long que times as DD too, sometimes they are not that long and sometimes i will never get into dungeon, as healer or tank it takes no time to get into dungeon, i cant understand how people say that the tool is broken because youre playing the same role as 90% of the population in game. There is real problems that zos should worry about.

This is not entirely true. When I queue (tank) with my friend (healer), we still get ridiculous queue times. If we disband and queue inidividually, we get matched to 3 randoms right away. It's some sort of bug related to partly pre-formed groups,

Also, do not forget that the LFG tool rarely replaces a party member who leaves mid-dungeon, even if that player is a DD and therefore commonly found.

This nonsense only started with Homestead, Finder had issues before that but at least it largely worked. It's now a pointless tool and I don't even bother running Finder PUGs now. If I can't get 4 man group with my guild I don't bother and just log out.
  • koralr33fer
    koralr33fer
    ✭✭✭
    Another post on this dungeon finder originating since february....no response from ZOS still. They released a patch a couple weeks ago and its still plagued with issues. 4 months to even make progress on this and it only resolved a few issues. The removing from area isnt as bad but there is still many many issues with this system? Can we get this resolved please?
  • koralr33fer
    koralr33fer
    ✭✭✭
    *Tumbles thumbs around and around* Still waiting for that fix.....