Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Quickest way to level an alt?

GCypher87
GCypher87
✭✭✭
So I'm gonna start an alt and I was wondering what is the quickest way to get to level 50 and max fighters and mage guild lines. Bonus if it can be done at the same time.
PC: @Cyffr
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    The only one way to grind mages guild is that boring book collection+mageguild dayly. For xp - craft full training purple gear for 3/10/20/35 lvls and go alikir(north sentinel)/ coldharblor/skyreach catacombs - a lot of undead there
    Edited by Dr_Rektar on February 9, 2017 8:18PM
    Engine guardian - best set ever
  • GCypher87
    GCypher87
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. That sounds perfect, and easy.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I leveled an alt in the last four days of the New Life Festival doing almost nothing but all the dolmens in every zone, World Bosses close to dolmens and a handful of quests. Obviously the double XP helped a lot, so replace that with pots and scrolls. I also read books and did shy shards near dolmens. I was level 9 in both guilds when I hit level 50.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me give you an example of what I did with my last two leveling characters.

1. I collected all the Skyshards in the zone. I avoided any and all quests other than those that show up in the delves that have skyshards.
    2. I would farm the dolmens a few times to get set jewelry that helped my character
    3. I would do the Public Dungeons including all the bosses
    4. Then I would move to the next zone.

Throw in a Dolmen Grind Session and a few book tours and you should be there.

Note, if you just grind on mobs, your will be level rich and skill poor.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• GCypher87
    GCypher87
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, I forgot to think about skill points.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will take 6 to 8 zones with my method to hit L50, depending on how much training gear you have. Less if you use Exp Potions or Scrolls. But you will also have 95 to 105 Skill Points, enough to make a fairly deadly character if don't want to craft.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kill everything! Do every quest, Seek out and unlock treasure chests, Discover everything, Hit all the Delves, Never group, Max out capacity so you can stay out longer and did I mention Kill Everything!
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+