The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Decorating Tamriel - everything about Homestead (Ep14: Exorcised Coven Cottage Review)

Elloa
Elloa
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
e9prbd22gjdx.png

Greetings everyone

I and @phunkeymonkehb16_ESO humbly present you Decorating Tamriel, a new serie of videos about... everything Homestead!

In this serie of videos you can expect:
  • Tips, trick, ideas and suggestions
  • Challenge from the community (Style, theme, specific house, budget limit etc)
  • Showcase the house of a player
  • Decorating the house of a player with his furnitures

On our website ElloaNicky.com
you will find the complete list of all items we used for each of our creations, and how to obtain them.
We will also give more explanations and ideas in the related articles.

We want this serie to be interactive. Our goal is to dynamise the Homestead community of ESO, and share the fun with everyone!
  • Give us a challenge to complete!
  • Show us your home so we can showcase it
  • Ask us to decorate your home with your own furniture (You give us access and decorator right, you place the items you want us to use)

We can participate on PC NA and Eu megaserver. (Not console yet, sorry)

'Enjoy our first episode below! Thank you for reading and watching! Peace!

- Elloa&Nicky

DECORATING TAMRIEL PLAYLIST > here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr_jowHQ_Mg
Edited by Elloa on October 20, 2017 2:36PM
  • Fishoscandi
    Fishoscandi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, thanks! :)
    Fishoscandi - Orc NB
    Cookie of Dough - Dunmer Templar
    Smells Like Tree Spirit - Bosmer Sorc

EU PC

• BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like how you guys approached this, by decorating the same property in different ways, and explaining what you did and why.

Some ideas for future episodes (for down the road, anyway, since you're probably as furnishing-starved as the rest of us):
    • Pick a property and limit yourself to a certain amount of furnishings or a certain price point, then see who can come up with the cooler design within those limits
    • Come up with ideas on how to display trophies (like busts) in a way that is eye-catching and impressive
    • Pick a theme to build to, like "restaurant" or "thieves' den" and challenge yourselves or your viewers to come up with the most interesting design.
    • Make the Mara's Kiss Public House Inn Room (the infamous "closet") look liveable. :D
    • Lofts! Show off a couple ways to make the most of vertical space by using platforms, planks, blocks, etc. to make some ad hoc upper levels.
    • Make one of the Argonian houses pretty ;)
    • Theme around certain features, like wells, tower lookouts, docks, crafting areas, stables, fountains, etc.

Just some ideas for once furnishings are a bit easier to come by, anyway. For right now, we're all scrambling to collect recipes and materials, so it might take a while before many people are willing to show off their homes.

If i had to pick a single challenge from my list, it would be: Make the Mara's Kiss Public House Inn Room look liveable. Good luck. :)

In any case, I look forward to seeing more.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on February 9, 2017 9:16PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Nicky_W
    Nicky_W
    ✭✭✭
    Really appreciate the suggestions BlackSparrow.
    We will certainly try to use some of the them.

Some great ones there!
  • MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    This is amazing! Thank you for putting it together to share with the community. I'm saving up for a home with space for an outdoor garden and it's nice to see what is available and what can be done. I think lighting will be super important!

I look forward to more videos from you two!
    Most people go through life dreading they'll have a traumatic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They're aristocrats.
    ― Diane Arbus
  • Nicky_W
    Nicky_W
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @MamaDruid .
    Thanks for taking the time to comment :)
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a great idea and really well thought out! Looking forward to more! :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great video, great ideas, great series! I really like how you managed to hide the stone walls with planting and trees. And adding in garden tools is such a cool idea. It's the little details that I find really inspiring. I think that creating an outdoor space in Homestead is just as appealing as fashioning an interior. Can't wait to start on my own space!

As for future ideas / challenges? Just one to suggest - a small smithy / workshop. Something that looks and feels like it has been worked by a skilled artisan for an age.

Thanks for all that you do :)
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greetings everyone!

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions! We already have several ideas on preparation! Do not forget that you can contact us on our DIscord server if you want, we have a channel dedicated to Decorating Tamriel here

In this second episode, we showcase the house of a player. It was a surprise-request by one of his friend. You can read the article written by @phunkeymonkehb16_ESO with more explanations, and screenshots about the house > here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt6gnEt-e7o
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We are working on a new video aimed for new players and low budgets! Here a sneak peak!
    Edited by Elloa on February 24, 2017 9:13PM
    0-2.jpg 508.5K
  • MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    Elloa wrote: »
    In this second episode, we showcase the house of a player. It was a surprise-request by one of his friend. You can read the article written by @phunkeymonkehb16_ESO with more explanations, and screenshots about the house > here

What a lovely, and well done home! I enjoyed your commentary. Thank you.
    Most people go through life dreading they'll have a traumatic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They're aristocrats.
    ― Diane Arbus
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you very much @MamaDruid

Hello everyone!

This is our third episode dedicated to new players, new decorators and low budget. @phunkeymonkehb16_ESO and I decorate two Inn Rooms with less than 1500g. You can read the full article, with the informations, illustration, screenshots gallery and list of items used with material/gold cost on our website ElloaNicky.com >> Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyUatI2ugQI
  • MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    I love the crate bed! It really helps to think about what your character would do with what they have. You both did a great job with the small space and budget. Thanks again. :smile:
    ― Diane Arbus
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ten minutes and nineteen seconds of Homestead loveliness! Another great video and I really like the low budget theme. The rough furniture will suit most of my characters perfectly, given their preference for a simple, humble lifestyle. The crate bed was a great idea, and the rug as a bedcover is very clever.

This series is genuinely inspiring. Thank you both once again :)
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really a wonderful idea. Well done you two, I look forward to seeing more and being continually inspired.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really cute, well-thought out video. I look forward to watcinng the rest. I do have a topic for you: dividing large indoor spaces into smaller, more intimate rooms!

Thanks!
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you everyone for your amazing support of this serie!

Next episode is a Review of EarthTear Cavern, the Crown Store exclusive home. We describe in detail the place, share our feels, and the decorations possibilities. The whole video is pretty relaxing aswell.
    More informations, with screenshots gallery and full list of items included with the furnished version on our website here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCvU58W3Pxg
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greetings everyone!

Sharing with you the different new features that we have on our website ElloaNicky.com

Weekly post showing off in details the **Furnitures luxury vendor** >> here

Homestead screenshot gallery for you to show off your house >> here

Application form to have your home (possibly) featured in a Decorating Tamriel episode >> here
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello everyone!

'Enjoy our two last episodes! Deltias Chateau -April Fool Special and another amazing player home showcase: @Glaiceana Cristal Garden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro_IdBoKlYI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTD5GzOnSmU
    Edited by Elloa on April 10, 2017 6:14PM
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonderful as always.
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greetings everyone!

Thank you for your amazing support! Its really heart warming to have so many nice comments in game or on social media!
    This episode is of course the review of the Grand Top Hideway, exclusive crown store in limited edition. We made it shorter than the previous one, and hopefully very relaxing! 'Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEQhRxsNTNY

Related article on our website with screenshots gallery: here
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greetings everyone,

'Enjoy the review of the two Morrowind Homes in Vvardenfell : Amaya Lake Lodge and Ald Velothi Harbor
    Tell us what you think about it and which home do you prefer.

Related article + Screenshots gallery here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHKpf_B9l7k
  • MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    I am definitely saving up for the Ald Velothi home! Thank you for sharing this preview!
    ― Diane Arbus
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you @MamaDruid to always watch our videos and have something nice to say about it! It's really heart warming!

Greetings everyone,

In this episode we visit the house decorated by Alakina, Strident Spring Desmene. You will discover that she has amazing ideas of how to create new things from regular furnitures! A must see Decorating Tamriel episode :D

Also, please, enjoy the new style of those episodes. What do you think about it?

Related Article + Screenshot Gallery : here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTsX9yEaaSg

Edited by Elloa on May 25, 2017 7:43AM
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank as always for sharing.
    I think that home's interior is a challenge to decorate well.
    That being said; Alakina did so exceptionally!
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Rev Rielle Thank you so much for your support

Hey hey guys!

Today I'm very happy to share with you another version of Strident Spring Desmene decorated by Sinistrae on the NA megaserver. This video is a little special, as his Roleplay guild wanted to participate, and in addition of beautiful decoration we also have characters illustrating the place!

Related article + Screenshot Gallery here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoGJlO76MwE

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're very welcome. And thanks for another great installment!
    I really like this last one, some are so creative whilst keeping everything natural looking - befitting of the Tamriel world. I think it's a tricky balance to get right. And the adventurers about showing how the space is intended to be used is a nice touch.

8:44 Made me laugh: Nicky's enthusiastic response.

Edited by Rev Rielle on June 5, 2017 12:38AM
  • MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    I love these episodes so very much! It's quite fun watching you two discover other players' homes. Touring them with your own characters really makes it something special. (Nicky's character marching about in Alakina's home made me so happy!)

I can see why Sinistrae was so excited - the guild has done an amazing job creating a wonderful space. It was fun to see the members participate in the video.

I wonder if anyone has started their own interior decorating business. I would hire a more creative player to help me decorate my homes!
    ― Diane Arbus
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MamaDruid wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone has started their own interior decorating business. I would hire a more creative player to help me decorate my homes!

A few of us use to do this in other games, it was a lot of fun. But sadly the inability to place any items yourself if you're not the owner makes things considerably harder - but not impossible - in ESO. Still, I'm sure there are some that will/do.

• Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello guys!

If you are hesitating to purchase the Telvanni Tower Tel Galen, here is our review; I leave you the surprise to discover what @Nicky_W and I think of it!

Screenshot gallery and related article here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8A8hM88R_A
    Edited by Elloa on June 17, 2017 9:34PM
  • MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    I really want to love Tel Galen, but I just can't. I would only buy it furnished so I could place the Telvanni furniture somewhere else. But at that price, I could buy more than one of the other homesteads I do love!

As always, thank you for another great review @Elloa and @Nicky_W!
    ― Diane Arbus