Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Master Writ requirement a little over the top?

Humble48
Humble48
✭✭
So I get that Master Writs are supposed to be more resource intensive, but giving me a writ to craft something in the Ancient Orc style is ridiculous. That's like one of the hardest motifs to get, and the girdle no less. WTF. I get that should have to use a motif of some sort, but one of the most difficult to obtain is a cheap shot at forcing me to buy the motif pack for 5000 crowns.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Writs are essentially "end game" for master crafters.

If you want the rewards for being a master crafter then start showing it like the rest of us.

When I was Wrothgar yesterday there were still world boss groups running around completing the dailies which drop the motif.

I would rather do the Wrothgar world boss dailies than some of the harder motif grinds ... such as the Craglorn dailies (which are long) or the Thieves Guild dailies (which are timed).
  • Humble48
    Humble48
    ✭✭
    Not sure if the statement "start showing it like the rest of us" was a necessary response for this. I've been a crafter since the beginning of release and maxed all of them with all of the research. So perhaps a little less elite next time.

Anyways, my statement is that it does tend to favor motif purchases in the crown store considering how difficult it is to get that particular style.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Humble48 wrote: »
    Not sure if the statement "start showing it like the rest of us" was a necessary response for this. I've been a crafter since the beginning of release and maxed all of them with all of the research. So perhaps a little less elite next time.

Anyways, my statement is that it does tend to favor motif purchases in the crown store considering how difficult it is to get that particular style.

Much of housing is obviously designed to drive impatient players to the crown store. For a free game update that's pretty much what you can expect.

If you get a writ that you can't do yet hang on to it until you can, or go grind / shop for the motif you need. Or spend real money. It is what it is.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or, drop the writ and wait for one that is for a Motif you know. That is what I do.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Humble48
    Humble48
    ✭✭
    That's what I've been doing. I've been searching the trade guilds for anyone that has that motif. Ancient Orc is very hard to find in general, the specific piece even more. I get it's supposed to be hard, but I was just a little frustrated that the very rare motifs were also part of this.

Thanks.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or, alterntively, sell master writs that you cannot do, they are not bad money makers at the moment.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    That motif sells for between 3-5k in my guild store, if you can't afford that, then you really have no reason to be a crafter.
    Edited by Maikon on February 9, 2017 7:25PM
  • Humble48
    Humble48
    ✭✭
    @Maikon Where's your store? I've visited at least 20 guild stores looking for it.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    U can also save the writs till you get the motif, or sell it
  • Humble48
    Humble48
    ✭✭
    The issue is that I already accepted the writ and people have been posting that if you abandon the writ, it goes bye-bye.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah if you already accepted the quest, u only choice is keep it until motif or discard it.

I learned thankfully that lesson before, someone was selling writs in region, and I was like how the heck did they do that