Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Where should I start?

Stuper
Stuper
✭✭
I've been away from the game almost since launch. I played a lot of launch, got a dragonknight to 50, and then pretty much quit due to my 3 brothers bailing on me before even hitting 50. Now I'm thinking about coming back to the game and have no clue what to do.

My main is a 50 Nord Dragonknight on NA servers, with 20 Champion points, a full set of green/blue gear and no clue how to play anymore. I was never in a guild before, and know no one that plays. Should I go anywhere to start doing some content? Start a new character to learn the game again? Check out any specific website to figure out my class?
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    I would look for builds after One Tamriel came out. There was a lot of new gear sets that came with that update that really changed things. Also check out monster helms from Undaunted dungeons. These can be really helpful, but they don't crit anymore.

http://deltiasgaming.com/ has a lot of builds and I think they are all updated for One Tamriel. He's very thorough with the builds, so maybe start there. You can look at some of the other classes to see if you want to try anything out.

I am on PC NA as well, same @ name as on here. I am on nearly daily and have a few people I play with. Send me a friend request if you like. :)
    PC NA
  • Humble48
    Humble48
    ✭✭
    Personally, I'd probably start out fresh unless you were invested in your character/class. You can always respec if you don't like the skills, but if you weren't a huge fan of the char, then perhaps you want to start new. Whether you start out new or want to relearn the existing character, you should watch the General chat and the forums (in the Guild Recruitment section) and check out guilds to join. There are a lot of guilds out that are looking for new members and some are even specifically meant for new players (or returning) to get back into the swing of things. That would allow you to ask questions and get assistance with things that may have changed since you last played.

As a returning player, it's really just a matter of jumping in and starting with figuring out what class you enjoy playing, and then moving on from there.

Good luck!
  • Stuper
    Stuper
    ✭✭
    I'll give the guild recruitment section a look through, see if I can find a starter/returner guild. I always liked my DK, so I might try to figure out how to play it again, or create a new one just to get the basics back down and checkout the deltiasgaming for a build. I vaguely remember using a staff and doing fire breath/whip or something like that back when I quit.

Thanks for the info.
  • Humble48
    Humble48
    ✭✭
    If you like the class, then generally, you don't need to start over unless you want to go through the campaign again. Since you've already invested in the class, you could look at Deltia's Gaming website and check out a build that might be to your liking. That would at least give you a starting point.
  • Stuper
    Stuper
    ✭✭
    I don't know that I still like it, it seems there have been a lot of changes, but I'll give it a try. Looks like I have a full stamina set, and a couple daggers, so I'll try out the stamina build, see if I still like it.