Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can you level blacksmithing fast by....?

Brokensocket
Brokensocket
✭✭✭
Crafting on my main crafter, banking it and decon on my low level character?
Will it give the same bonus as deconing gear from someone else?
PSN: Spaztik_89
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this counts as another characters crafting.

I'm not 100% sure if it's exactly the same value as another account, but I believe it is. Hopefully if I am wrong someone will correct.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Brokensocket
    Brokensocket
    ✭✭✭
    Ok thank you thats what im hopeing, can anyone confirm its as if a different account created it?
    PSN: Spaztik_89
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on testing I did several months ago (so things could have changed a bit):

Mob Loot gives the most Exp
    Other Player Made and Alt Made give about 90% of the Inspiration of Mob Loot.
    Deconning stuff made on the same character gives about 10%, but you get a better chance of getting a Temper, Style and Trait back, important for deconning things with Nirn or rare Style Mats

Alt made is better than other player made as you don't have to deal with the friction of being able to send only 6 items at a time. You can just deposit a batch in the bank and decon them out of the bank. However:

I still think farming a public dungeon or overland grind spot is better as you gain character experience/champ points, skills, gold, recipes, motifs, set items on occasion, and have a net gain in Mats. Making and deconning items will burn up 70% of your mats on average. OK I guess if you have a ton of mats but I would rather use my Ruby stuff for making gear for my characters. I farm the mobs, sell the white items to pay for repairs, then decon what is left. This is how I leveled all my characters to 50 in Eq Crafting.

The only exception is with Glyphs, since most looted Glyphs are White and Improved Glyphs give so much more Inspiration, it is better to make Improved Glyphs on one character and decon on an Alt. Use Green up to about L10, Blue up to about L35, then Purple up to 46 or so. Then, learn all the runes you don't know, and that should get you close to L50. No need to make the CP160's unless you have a bunch of Potencies, CP150 or even CP90/140 Glyphs are fine for this process if you have more of those potencies.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok thank you thats what im hopeing, can anyone confirm its as if a different account created it?

yes.

Note: you also want to do lots of PvE dungeons etc. with your max level alt, then put the loot items (especially intricates) in your bank for your lowbie to decon. If you have lots of gold, you can buy intricates from guild traders. Doing crafting writs helps a fair bit, but you can only do one blacksmithing per day per character.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have 8 characters at level 50 in every craft, easily achieved on new characters once you have high level Alts. For me, making items on my crafter and deconstructing on other characters came at a huge cost of materials, so I stopped doing that very early.

The best way for me was to pick up everything I could with whatever character I was playing on and putting it all in the bank for my newest character to deconstruct. Running dungeons, farming bosses and group delves while hunting for skyshards, pick up everything that can be deconstructed.

While you do not get as many materials back, you'd be amazed how fast you level up the craft lines when a level 10 character is deconstructing CP160 gear.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.