Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Master Writ just stole 8 gold tempers

Scaraben
Scaraben
✭✭✭
I received my first master writ today in blacksmithing. I was pretty excited. It required a legendary, powered rubedite mace of Spectre's Eye in the Imperial style. Since I pre-ordered the Imperial Edition, I can convert anything into the Imperial style. Easy-peasy. Except that apparently converting an item doesn't count? I made a powered, rubedite mace of Spectre's Eye. Converted it into Imperial. Upgraded it to legendary. No dice.

I feel like I seriously got hosed here. This is almost as bad as the time I accidentally enchanted a Master Resto Staff. This has got to be a bug, right? Right?
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect it is by design as you did not craft it with the required style.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scaraben wrote: »
    I received my first master writ today in blacksmithing. I was pretty excited. It required a legendary, powered rubedite mace of Spectre's Eye in the Imperial style. Since I pre-ordered the Imperial Edition, I can convert anything into the Imperial style. Easy-peasy. Except that apparently converting an item doesn't count? I made a powered, rubedite mace of Spectre's Eye. Converted it into Imperial. Upgraded it to legendary. No dice.

I feel like I seriously got hosed here. This is almost as bad as the time I accidentally enchanted a Master Resto Staff. This has got to be a bug, right? Right?

You needed to craft an Imperial mace. It sounds like you crafted an bosmer mace or something and converted to Imperial. But converting is not crafting. Part of the master writ requirement is knowing the (often rare and expensive) motifs you are asked to craft in.
  • inespeloazul
    inespeloazul
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention converting it to Imperial binds it to your account IIRC, so there's no way to turn that in for the Writ anyways.
  • Scaraben
    Scaraben
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose all that makes "sense," but it would have been nice to know ahead of time. Thanks for the responses!

I'm still shaking my fist angrily at ZOS though