The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Destinations Add-on

Vrienda
Vrienda
✭✭✭✭✭
So destinations is now in 'maintaining' mode which I assume means it's no longer being developed. Is there any add on that can replace it? It was really useful for tracking down every hidden quest I'd missed, it won't be the same playing without it.
Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Haboom
    Haboom
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully someone will pick it up or go the extreme and learn to code.
    "Learn to dodge and block or you won't get healed" -Me
  • Sounomi
    Sounomi
    ✭✭✭
    Someone has taken over the add-on and they desire to redo the code before continuing work on it. From my personal experiences, there hasn't been any new issues with it since the latest update to the game so there's not much to worry about.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO it will be fine as it is, until you get Morrowind or another DLC or area is added.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    Ayantir is working on it, so no, it hasn't been abandoned.
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • Ripley83
    Ripley83
    ✭✭
    Quote from Ayantir, 05/12/17
    The update will pop when nda will be lifted (basically in 15d when morrowind will be launched..) it is already done.

There is a lot of whining in the Esoui comment section.

This is his last post from yesterday;
    Today I spent all my personnal time to update 4 addons. From 7PM to 1AM. superstar, dyer, flower she likes and devtools.
    I've also githubbed esoui source code because nobody did it since 4 months.

I've also written a little whish to zos about improving a specific topic of eso dev.

I've also spent few time to rant on the ninja forks I have. I have now 5 ninja forks since morrowind was published, did authors contacted me ? no. was those updates clean ? no.

You want my yesterday schedule ? I updated 2 addons. Memcheck & Dustman.

2 days ago ? I did updated 5 addons from work.

3 days ago ?..

Oh, I won't update this addon tommorow, but I'll update another one.

With love.

Source: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=667&so=DESC#comments
    Edited by Ripley83 on June 7, 2017 6:39AM
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting this. I suspect that something changed during PTS that broke this add-on or he found some new bugs which is why he has been delayed.

The comments are getting crazy there. For now I am enjoying just exploring and finding things the old fashioned way. It is rewarding. :smiley:
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting this. I suspect that something changed during PTS that broke this add-on or he found some new bugs which is why he has been delayed.

The comments are getting crazy there. For now I am enjoying just exploring and finding things the old fashioned way. It is rewarding. :smiley:

I have an extensive programing, and game mod background, I do know Lua and have used it before.

I have asked if he needed any assistance with anything.

The response I received was to say the least not welcoming.

Edited by majulook on June 11, 2017 4:47PM
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Updating this addon could be done quickly, but at the end, it'll result in a waste of time. it's only long and short term goals.
    Edited by Ayantir on June 11, 2017 10:56PM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »
    Updating this addon could be done quickly, but at the end, it'll result in a waste of time. it's only long and short term goals.

I am waiting patiently and greatly appreciate the many add-ons I use that you already have updated.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to say thanks to the addon author. This addon is awesome, and I really appreciate it.