Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skill point Respec reset my Poison Arrow Morphs and level

technohic
technohic
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Did a quick skill reset just to clean some things up and while putting my build back together, Poison arrow will not morph. I had poison injection just this morning. Bow has been maxed out for this character from pre-champ points and I have 254 now and was Vet 16. I realize the order has swapped but snipe and its morphs were maxed out as well when they were in this spot.

Edit: OK, so I get the screw up with moving the lowest level bow ability but how the hell did this happen with Brawler in the 2H line? I have used that for grinding countless times in both morphs for it to be level 1 of the base abilitiy.
Edited by technohic on February 8, 2017 9:30PM
  • artet
    artet
    Soul Shriven
    Same with me after resetting morphs. Morphs maxed out before reset are now level 1.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any Morphs that had significant changes during this last update were refunded so you do not have to respec every thing if you want to make changes or pick another morph or skill to use.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of my skills have had anything reset since the patch. I've played and they were there. Even have it on video that I posted in the invisible enemy thread I recorded last night.
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    I have had this problem as well. I did a full skill point reset and when I went to put the points back in, poison arrow, twin slashes and cleave were all reset to the base morphs. All three of those skills were fully leveled and the morphs were fully leveled as well. In the case of venom arrow, I am quite certain I had both morphs fully leveled and probably for twin slashes and cleave as well, although I can't remember for sure. This is a character that has nearly 100 DAYS of play time (over 2200 hours or so).

As I have played with (unmorphed) poison arrow, I have noticed that the skill progress bar does not seem to be filling up either.

This is a skill I use regularly. The unmorphed version is putting a serious dent in the typical way I like to play this character.

@ZOS_AlanG , I have put in a customer support ticket through the game's interface, but the messages I keep getting from customer support are supremely unhelpful. They just keep asking me if my problem is fixed and do not tell me if they have even attempted to fix the problem or are even working on it. It is as if they are simply trying to wait until I give up and go away. My incident number is 170207-000133. PC, NA megaserver.
  • Solanum
    Solanum
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue here, a max level skill now completely untrained.
    I briefly considered whether it's because of the relocation of the skills, but even then, my snipe was also max level.

And yeah, customer service keeps asking "Did we fix your issue?" without doing anything for another issue I had, gave up on that so I guess that approach works for them.
  • YetiSpaghetti
    Also reset my morphs to find out my poison arrow is at level 1.
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are just waiting until we level the skills back up and go away. I did see that the skills were, indeed, making progress on the xp bar which I previously thought was not happening. I'm irritated to have to do this, but I'm guessing that the fix currently is to just suck it up and level the skills again. That being said...what happens if you reset your skill points once more? Are we stuck in a vicious cycle?

Oh well, hopefully this bug will get some attention. Until it does, for all of us potatoes that need a hug...here ya go:
    https://goo.gl/images/mAkWDD

can-cats-eat-potatoes-06.jpg

• SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They reordered some of the skills in the skill line. Two Handed Weapons for example now has Uppercut as its first skill. Same with bow, I just can't remember what they put where.

The order of the skills matters because the further down the skill is on the tree, the more experience you need to level it up, morph it, and max the morph.

So when they reorder skills, it means that skills you previously had maxed, were maxed at the old experience requirement. They couldn't receive more xp than they had at the previous cap. So your poison inject now requires more experience to morph than it required to completely max out both morphs before the update.

Its all very messy and they should have learned their lesson after messing with Dragonknight's skill tree a few patches ago, because this same thing happened then. So it's not really a bug, its more of an unintended consequence that they were aware of and didn't really address.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capsaica wrote: »
    I think they are just waiting until we level the skills back up and go away. I did see that the skills were, indeed, making progress on the xp bar which I previously thought was not happening. I'm irritated to have to do this, but I'm guessing that the fix currently is to just suck it up and level the skills again. That being said...what happens if you reset your skill points once more? Are we stuck in a vicious cycle?

Oh well, hopefully this bug will get some attention. Until it does, for all of us potatoes that need a hug...here ya go:
    https://goo.gl/images/mAkWDD

can-cats-eat-potatoes-06.jpg

Yeah; I went out grinding. Put my poison arrow on my 2h bar and it is leveling slowly. Carve already went from level 1 to morphed as I was using it so I am assuming it must level faster with use than just being on the bar?

I figured I don't have time to wait for them if I want to use my main this weekend at all. Actually have things I want to do tonight so it looks like I need to grind actively with poison arrow which will still be a slower process than the cone of carve. Probably wont do mob pulls but will go for quick 1 by 1 kills, but that is going to be slower without that execute DOT.
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this problem as well. I respecced so I could max out all my crafting skills.

Poison Arrow and Shadow Cloak were both affected. The strange thing is, Poison Arrow was at rank 1, but had some progress toward rank 2. Shadow Cloak was rank 3 and had some progress toward rank 4.

After doing a few of the dailies, Shadow Cloak leveled up quickly and could be morphed. I morphed it, and it jumped right to Shadowy Disguise IV.

I am at Poison Arrow IV right now, so we'll see if that jumps right to Venom Arrow IV after I morph it.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this problem as well. I respecced so I could max out all my crafting skills.

Poison Arrow and Shadow Cloak were both affected. The strange thing is, Poison Arrow was at rank 1, but had some progress toward rank 2. Shadow Cloak was rank 3 and had some progress toward rank 4.

After doing a few of the dailies, Shadow Cloak leveled up quickly and could be morphed. I morphed it, and it jumped right to Shadowy Disguise IV.

I am at Poison Arrow IV right now, so we'll see if that jumps right to Venom Arrow IV after I morph it.

Huh. Now that you mention it, I just looked and Brawler did go right to rank 4. Thats good news. Poision arrow is at 3. Going to hit that hard tonight.
  • Solanum
    Solanum
    ✭✭✭
    I hate having to put an unmorphed cleave on my bar just to level it for when I do need it.
    And yeah, found out that skill also bugged out for me.

In response to my new ticket I got the "Has your issue been resolved yet?" question once more, without them doing anything.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally have started getting the cookie cutter emails of "Is this resolved?" when nothing has been done. I will keep responding saying it isn't until it looks like they do something.
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I opened a ticket, got the same "let us know if it isn't fixed now" response, logged in and saw my skills were still at level 1. Got bored, decided to level them. Noticed when I morphed the skill the morph level was IV... so I'm thinking support may be setting some of our morph levels to IV but that doesn't actually cover the base skill levels.

Maybe it's just me, but if not it's certainly a lot less grinding to get them back where they were.
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here it is. The fix
    Thank you for contacting our support team. My name is Jesse. As Its a pleasure to speak with you today. As an avid gamer myself, I understand that this can be very inconvenient, so I'm going to do my best to get your issues resolved as quickly as possible!

It would appear that your skills have been adjusted in the game and now have been altered. The only way to get them back up to max is to level them again as they have been altered.

For now, we will go ahead and set this ticket to solved - but don't let that alarm you!
    Should you have any other questions, or feel the above does not apply to you, please do not hesitate to reply back to this email. I would be happy to look into your matter further.

Warm Regards,
    Jesse.
    Online Support Team

I leveled up the morph so...whatever. That was the fix anyway
  • crevaini
    crevaini
    i am having the same problem aswell.
    poson injection has turned into poison arrow 1, and bound armaments got degraded to bound armour.
    and some other skills aswell,but theese are the most crusial since i use them on my main weapon bar.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They reordered some of the skills in the skill line
    ^^^ This ....
    shades.gif

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a lost cause. I can say that after I releveled them back up and then did a respec again on this character; it stayed.

On my Night Blade I leveled though; from level 26 to 42 using brawler throughout after the patch; I did a respec and it started over again. FML
  • Danny_UK
    Danny_UK
    ✭✭✭
    I decided yesterday to have a change from sword and shield to duel wield so i went to reset my points. When i went to put points back in again i realised a few of them were back at the beginning 1 of which was my bow poison arrow. Is this still happening to others? I searched for this issue and came across this thread but i would have expected it to be fixed now in 5 months
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    Please note this post from above.
    technohic wrote: »
    And here it is. The fix
    Thank you for contacting our support team. My name is Jesse. As Its a pleasure to speak with you today. As an avid gamer myself, I understand that this can be very inconvenient, so I'm going to do my best to get your issues resolved as quickly as possible!

It would appear that your skills have been adjusted in the game and now have been altered. The only way to get them back up to max is to level them again as they have been altered.

For now, we will go ahead and set this ticket to solved - but don't let that alarm you!
    Should you have any other questions, or feel the above does not apply to you, please do not hesitate to reply back to this email. I would be happy to look into your matter further.

Warm Regards,
    Jesse.
    Online Support Team

I leveled up the morph so...whatever. That was the fix anyway

We are closing this thread as the solution has been provided.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.