The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Housing Editor - anyway to lock items together?

Annuliel
Annuliel
✭✭
I was wondering if there was any way to lock items together via the housing editor?

Having recently built items for my house I would like to lock the items used to build them together, so that I can move them around to that perfect spot without having to take it apart and rebuild it.

I was wondering if this is something that can be done, as I have failed to find anything so far, or if it is something that ZOS would maybe consider for the future.

Thank you :)

Best Answers

• Nijey
    Nijey
    ✭✭✭
    You should:

press F5
    Select first Object with "E"
    Press "G" for group selections
    Select n objects with "E"

Select "R" for confirm Group aggregation.

Next time you select one of those object with "E" you select all the group.

Simple no? :)

Too bad it has not been implemented yet :lol:

@ZOS_GinaBruno pls :wink:
    ALL MY FURNISHING STORE, WATCH IT!!
    http://tinyurl.com/NijeyStore

PROUD TO BE AEDRA'S COVE MEMBER.
    Youtube: Aedra's Channel
    Aedra's CoveR - SoundCloud - Epic Songs by Aedra's Bard
    Answer ✓
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was requested while housing was being tested but for whatever reason wasn't added.

Hopefully it will be added in future as I agree it would be really helpful to be able to do.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Answer ✓
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I really hope they do this. I spent ages getting things nice on a desk one day, a bowl with carefully placed fruits in it and varying stacks of papers. But then I got crafting stations and wanted to move some things around.... took me forever to get everything looking decent again. Would have been great if I could have just moved the desk and taken everything on it.

I would also like a feature to lock items after placed (a keybind to lock/unlock while targeted or something). I have accidentally grabbed a banner a couple of times and it was really annoying since it took me awhile to get it placed just right.
    Answer ✓
  • Cynnalia
    Cynnalia
    ✭✭✭
    I think a grouping option would be great and relieve a lot of headaches. I would also love to see a "locking" option as Annalyse suggested - I accidentally clicked on one of the "paving" stones in the yard at Autumn Gate and it's really a block sunk into the ground. Now I can't get it sunk back into the ground again and my path is ruined...lol
    NA PS4 Daggerfall Covenant Characters -- CP 755

Sulin Shadowdancer -- Redguard Nightblade -- Dragonstar Arena Champion, General Executioner, Tamriel Hero
    Ysorya Traven - Breton Sorcerer -- Monster Hunter, Master Angler, Explorer, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Tamriel Hero
    Eriah A'kiranya-- Redguard Dragon Knight, tank
    Sybilline Travadon -- Altmer Templar -- Maelstrom Arena Champion
    At-Sixes-and-Sevens -- Argonian Templar, healer
    Mercurial Malice -- Dunmer Nightblade
    Fern Gullie -- Bosmer Warden, level 45
    Ghareshi-ri - Khajiit, Necromancer, level 9
    Answer ✓
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In real life, I can put a lamp on a table and move the two items together.

In Homestead, I can't. And I feel like it should be possible.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    In real life, I can put a lamp on a table and move the two items together.

In Homestead, I can't. And I feel like it should be possible.

and as you walk across the room, table in hand, oh look out...the lamp fell over and crashed to the floor

how i wish i had super-glued that darn lamp to the table before hand :)