The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dranacea's Bosmer Tree Fort

Celas_Dranacea
Celas_Dranacea
✭✭✭✭✭
yqdqciu43t8j.png

Hello all! I am Dranacea, a Bosmer of modest reknown. I almost hate to share details about my secret Bosmer Tree Fort compound, as I am so proud of it already. But I know some other people might soon follow the same line of thinking in home building. So for the sake of posterity I want it entered into the public record that I am one of ESO's OG Tree Fort Builders! :wink: Perhaps it will also serve as inspiration for others trying to build their own dream Grahthome.

Let me take you on a tour!

kpc1j3o9lkt3.png

I know what your thinking: he's building with wood! Don't bother calling Grahtwood Building Code Enforcement: all those guys are my cousins.

f5l62grnnqil.png

Though followers of the Green Pact have certain prohibitions against this sort of thing, as you may come to understand I have my own interpretation of the rules.

bydde12cv6q6.png

The main thing is to have respect. I knew the old cypress before it fell down. I harvested the dead wood knowing that we were on good terms and surrounding forest could spare the organic matter. Plus the trees I built my platforms on said it was cool. Responsible Forestry is your first responsibility. As you can see here there is a healthy plant community thriving down below, with trees in various stages of maturity.

bkw87lp7zhb9.png

A little clue if you are thinking of doing a similar thing: there are many hidden ways to get from place to place.

p04fnqculjru.png

As a proud Dominion soldier and experienced Bosmer scout, I have seen a few things in my day and traveled much. But when it came to settling down, my heart inevitably drew me back to the Graht Hood. There's nothing that says home like the fresh, wise smell of an established Graht. I'm a man of simple needs and do not have much need for the finer trappings of civilized life. Just place to lightly cook the fresh meat that I kill, a place to lay my head at night. That said, I'm blessed with plenty of space to expand in the future.

0xh8olgjo93c.png

This place looks great at night.

o1ki2ywsp2ry.png

Did I mention I'm a werewolf? Communion with the God of the Hunt and pursuing worthy prey with the pack is a central part of my life (#ChildrenOfHircine #BossCatTelel). This is not to the exclusion of several other deities I pray to - shrines to Y'ffre and even a little one to show respect to the Wilderking are also an important part of my home. So you can see I have my own take on the Green Pact - in my heart, Hircine embodies those values most truly. So I expect to hold many gatherings and rituals with my pack brothers and sisters.

tp26ysou1wee.png

I am honored to be able to call the Graht Hood my home, and I will defend this forest with my life. I've mostly furnished my home thus far with items I've collected from my various achievements, so there is much work to do. But it's been a great first couple of days moving in to the first place I can call my own. Now it's time to sit back, drink the blood of the last trespasser who accidentally wandered in, and enjoy the view.

Hope to have you over sometime!
Edited by Celas_Dranacea on February 8, 2017 7:32PM
A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a quick and dirty tour video produced by guildie @OneTrvth (thanks!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq5QEkCATMo
  • Khamira
    Khamira
    ✭✭✭
    WHOOOAAAA! :open_mouth:

Dis One has thought about something similar seeing that mansion for the first time. But I can't even start those quests cause work :P
    Edited by Khamira on February 13, 2017 8:35AM
    Kha'jira's Scribbles - Such Blog, Many Thingies, Very Wow!
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khamira wrote: »
    WHOOOAAAA! :open_mouth:

Dis One has thought about something similar seeing that mansion for the first time. But I can't even start those quests cause work :P

All in time - it's the journey, not the destination :)
    Edited by Celas_Dranacea on February 13, 2017 4:32PM
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm totally stealing this, though I plan mine to definitely look different than yours. I LOVE the idea! I want a skywalk through the trees too :D
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »
    I'm totally stealing this, though I plan mine to definitely look different than yours. I LOVE the idea! I want a skywalk through the trees too :D

Awesome dude, enjoy!
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few more screenshots:

Screenshot_20170220_171605.png

A fire ring and ceremonial circle for serious ceremonial stuff

Screenshot_20170220_172240.png
    Screenshot_20170220_171720.png
    Screenshot_20170220_181702.png

Getting serious about home defense

Screenshot_20170220_173356.png

The main entry graht oak - mostly for eating with friends

Screenshot_20170220_173343.png

A few select books on Bosmer culture are available for those who want to learn.

Screenshot_20170220_172742.png
    Screenshot_20170220_171452.png

So yeah, I also made a sauna....

Screenshot_20170220_172615.png

Hope you enjoyed :smile:
    Edited by Celas_Dranacea on February 22, 2017 6:27PM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Omg I want an inv to your house lol
    It looks simply stunning! <3
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Omg I want an inv to your house lol
    It looks simply stunning! <3

Thank you! It's been fun - unfortunately I only have about 30 item slots left lol
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have my Goronir Estate, and I started my own tree house fantasy. I tried to get the foundations down before asking if you were on NA and if we could friend each other so we can see each other's houses (so i wouldn't steal ideas and try to make mine my own vision). Mine is still in the WIP stage, but my tree walk ways and platforms are definitely done, and now I'm just adding purpose to different areas and decorating as I get ideas and stuff. My IGH is @Kesstryl
    Edited by Kesstryl on February 28, 2017 11:46PM
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey I'm super down to check it out with you and give my Bosmerly advice - will try to catch you online :)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the backstory you gave for all this. :)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.